North GA Forest Service Road Trip - September 19th

Sporadic

Sounds like a fun run Trevor.

Fall baseball just kicked in for my son so I have a feeling most Saturday's are already committed to games. I'll let you know for sure in a day or two when the game schedule is posted. If spots get filled in the meantime we'll try and catch you on the next run.

thardy

Banned
Sounds like a fun run Trevor.

Fall baseball just kicked in for my son so I have a feeling most Saturday's are already committed to games. I'll let you know for sure in a day or two when the game schedule is posted. If spots get filled in the meantime we'll try and catch you on the next run.

Sounds good man. Let me know. Hope you can make it out to an event soon!

TrueBlueEagle

If you don't want to take it all the way up there is a spot before the last 50 yards or so that you can park and ride up with one of us. As long as you have some rocker protection you should be fine, though.

It is doable in a stock jeep. I believe another member with a stock jkur made it no problem. I know Thardy can give more insight on that considering he was there.

If you don't have rocker protection, I do not recommend going up past the rock in question. We took MattMC's stock JKUR up and he got into his rockers both going up and coming back down. The rock rails did there job though. It really comes up to what you would want to do. I have no problem spotting you up but I cannot guarantee that your rockers won't get scratched up a little, nothing major though.

Sounds good, guys. I'm in a stock Willys. So same ride height, tires, and rockers as a JKUR, minus lockers, gears, and sway disco. Either way, I'd give it a shot! I've seen mixed reviews of guys saying its better to go straight up and over the rock, or trying to squeeze around and wedge between the tree and the rock.

bonedaddy

you'll do fine, trust me... it's amazing what we were able to do and what we should have done in Uwharrie ;) and we were rolling in our stock Willy's JKU...

Damn I wish we didn't already have plans for this weekend...

thardy

Banned
Sounds good, guys. I'm in a stock Willys. So same ride height, tires, and rockers as a JKUR, minus lockers, gears, and sway disco. Either way, I'd give it a shot! I've seen mixed reviews of guys saying its better to go straight up and over the rock, or trying to squeeze around and wedge between the tree and the rock.

Then you're good. I'll get you to the top, no problem!

Sporadic

Sounds good man. Let me know. Hope you can make it out to an event soon!

Downloaded the BB schedule and all Saturdays are booked through end of October with exception of Oct 17.

I'll keep my eyes open for a Sunday ride.

TripleBJK

I would love to but my son has a football game that morning. Sunday's are better. Your meeting spot is about 2 miles from my house, it would have worked out nice. I've been wanting to run bell mountain also. I've seen these meet ups and trips on here. I need to go to one. Life is busy!

thardy

Banned
I would love to but my son has a football game that morning. Sunday's are better. Your meeting spot is about 2 miles from my house, it would have worked out nice. I've been wanting to run bell mountain also. I've seen these meet ups and trips on here. I need to go to one. Life is busy!

I hear ya man. There will be more this fall. We'll get a Sunday run in soon!

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Too bad that I will be out of town that weekend. I think the wife would have enjoyed it. Except for the drive up.

Scrambler

We are riding Charlie's Creek tomorrow. I'll report back on how bad it's gotten. By bad, I mean how much they graded and smoothed it out.

thardy

Banned
We are riding Charlie's Creek tomorrow. I'll report back on how bad it's gotten. By bad, I mean how much they graded and smoothed it out.

Awesome. By the way, when are we doing brake lines so we can actually flex that thing!?

Scrambler

Awesome. By the way, when are we doing brake lines so we can actually flex that thing!?

Whenever both of us has a free moment at the same time. Lol. I've still gotta grind down the diff cover Will gave me and install it. Between work and the baby, I can't seem to find time for anything.

thardy

Banned
Well, weather could throw a kink in the lunch plans and make things a little slippery. Either way, should still be fun. I'll keep an eye on the weather and if we need to adjust the food plan, we will.

Scrambler

Just got back from Charlie's Creek. It has been graded. I didn't take any pictures of the trail. But here are some from the area. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441641192.493211.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441641213.456918.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441641235.226849.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441641251.595599.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441641282.349795.jpg

Top Bottom