North GA Forest Service Road Trip - September 19th

thardy

Banned
Would have liked to participate. No mud in those pics. How was the view from Bell Knob?

We made it about two thirds of the way up before deciding to turn around. JeepFest traffic at the beginning of the month really rutted it out bad. Probably the worst I've seen it. Combine that with the slick mud and it was damn near impossible without lockers and LOTS of the skinny pedal, which we weren't wanting to do any damage, so chose to turn around.

thardy

Banned
I definitely had a good time even though the weather really screwed with our plans. Thanks to all of those that joined and hopefully everyone had a good time.

Donnie, hope you guys made it back safely and you didn't have that spandex image in your head while you slept last night. I know it was the highlight of your trip!

bsimon187

I definitely had a good time even though the weather really screwed with our plans. Thanks to all of those that joined and hopefully everyone had a good time.

Donnie, hope you guys made it back safely and you didn't have that spandex image in your head while you slept last night. I know it was the highlight of your trip!

Did you guys see Santa clause wearing spandex riding a bike? Every time we go to bell we see that guy.

thardy

Banned
Did you guys see Santa clause wearing spandex riding a bike? Every time we go to bell we see that guy.

No but that would have been hilarious. We ended our day walking around Dahlonega and there was a big bike race going on. One guy had on some white spandex shorts and it wasn't a great view. Well, Donnie definitely got an eye full. [emoji23]

Sporadic

Not sure if your talking about Bell mountain or Beasley knob. Bell mountain is practically impassable if it is as wet as it was this past Saturday. We hate mud so don't expect to see very much of it from us....

Bell mountain is actually Bell Knob Mountain.

Sporadic

We made it about two thirds of the way up before deciding to turn around. JeepFest traffic at the beginning of the month really rutted it out bad. Probably the worst I've seen it. Combine that with the slick mud and it was damn near impossible without lockers and LOTS of the skinny pedal, which we weren't wanting to do any damage, so chose to turn around.

I was thinking it would be a tough ride. Glad you all gave it a go. How many rigs?

bonedaddy

Just going through vids and picts, will post some - hoping i can nix my commentary in the vids. .. I got a decent ahot of Matt sliding up against that wall with inches to spare... not gonna lie that one puckered up me but hole abit... ;) we had a blast, wish we could have continued on, sorry for having the rest of the trek cut short on the our account ... I also went back and bought Trevor a pair of those nut higgin, cock outlinin, bike shorts ... ;)

But it was great wheelin with you guys again and cant wait to do it again soon... oh and btw, bet your ass we are coming back to finish our trek, and make it up to top of Bell - one of these days...

thardy

Banned
Just going through vids and picts, will post some - hoping i can nix my commentary in the vids. .. I got a decent ahot of Matt sliding up against that wall with inches to spare... not gonna lie that one puckered up me but hole abit... ;) we had a blast, wish we could have continued on, sorry for having the rest of the trek cut short on the our account ... I also went back and bought Trevor a pair of those nut higgin, cock outlinin, bike shorts ... ;)

But it was great wheelin with you guys again and cant wait to do it again soon... oh and btw, bet your ass we are coming back to finish our trek, and make it up to top of Bell - one of these days...

Awesome! Looking forward to the pics. I'll rock the spandex but I'm riding shotgun in your jeep!

We'll get another one put together for sure!

thardy

Banned
Glad to hear you guys had fun, with a few hiccups thrown in there lol. Can't wait to see the pics!

Hopefully someone got some decent pics of what Bell looked like, because it was way more rutted out than when we took you guys up there. Apparently it has been VERY heavily wheeled lately, heck, there was even a bypass for the bypass (that wasn't there last time). Add to that the wet Georgia clay and it was fairly nasty.

°IIIII°

Last spring bell was rutted out at some points with 10-12 feet walls, there were by passes but they were after a rain also and it was slick as snot. I feel for you guys with the amount of rain we had recently. Glad you guys had fun and didn't break anything.

thardy

Banned
Last spring bell was rutted out at some points with 10-12 feet walls, there were by passes but they were after a rain also and it was slick as snot. I feel for you guys with the amount of rain we had recently. Glad you guys had fun and didn't break anything.

When we went in June it wasn't bad at all. Made it right on up. But this was ridiculous after Jeep Fest.

Scrambler

It was definitely a bummer not being able to get to the top and take in the view. I did it last year stock, but probably won't attempt it again unless it is dry. It is definitely in need of a volunteer work day so that everyone can have a chance to enjoy the top.

Top Bottom