Not happy with JK.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I wasn't really referring to the options that directly impact off-road capability. I was referring to the comments about the comfort related ones... But as I read the post to get caught up I think we are on the same page ;)

I love the Avatar Pic BTW. That's the competition area at RC isn't it? :rock:

yea i think we are on the same page just saying it differently lol :yup:

yep! on the comp course just stretching my legs :brows:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I love seeing the JK's with leather and nav and all the luxuries the Grand Cherokee has because then you can tell one of two things: They either don't wheel it and just like the looks of it (most have the hard top, tire shine etc) or their wife made them do it.

Only thing my JK has is A/C and a radio and I wouldn't want it other way. Adding all the stuff just means more will break in the water, mud, rollovers, rocks etc

Perhaps one of the most idiotic posts I have read on this forum in a while. Leather is so much easier to keep clean than fabric. If you actually wheel, and do so with the top and doors off, you would know this. It's a pain in the ass to have to constantly pound all of the dust and grime out of fabric seats. Oh, then there is the dog hair. That's fun to get out of the fabric too. Are heated seats necessary? No. Are they nice, absolutely. When you are driving to an early morning run on the Rubicon at 6:00 am over high mountain passes, or maybe an early spring run in Moab after a dusting of snow, topless and doorless, heated seats are a huge plus. (That's right though, I guess the Rubicon and Moab probably don't count as wheeling.)

Is Navigation a necessity? Nope. Is it nice, yep. I've been on more than one camping trip where satellite radio and/or the MyGig Hard drive provided the music through the night because there was no regular radio reception. Hell, many of the forest service roads in the Sierras around Tahoe actually show up on the Navigation maps. Sure, people can carry cd's, plug in their ipods, carry topos or a separate GPS device (many people do, even with Navigation.) But to make the statement that people who buy fully loaded rigs do so only because they don't wheel or because their wives made them is just assinine.

Ever seen Moby get wheeled in any of the Wayalife videos? Guess what, it has heated seats. :thumb:

Don't be an :asshat:; people outfit their Jeeps for reasons that make sense to them.

PunknGladiator

Perhaps one of the most idiotic posts I have read on this forum in a while. Leather is so much easier to keep clean than fabric. If you actually wheel, and do so with the top and doors off, you would know this. It's a pain in the ass to have to constantly pound all of the dust and grime out of fabric seats. Oh, then there is the dog hair. That's fun to get out of the fabric too. Are heated seats necessary? No. Are they nice, absolutely. When you are driving to an early morning run on the Rubicon at 6:00 am over high mountain passes, or maybe an early spring run in Moab after a dusting of snow, topless and doorless, heated seats are a huge plus. (That's right though, I guess the Rubicon and Moab probably don't count as wheeling.)

Is Navigation a necessity? Nope. Is it nice, yep. I've been on more than one camping trip where satellite radio and/or the MyGig Hard drive provided the music through the night because there was no regular radio reception. Hell, many of the forest service roads in the Sierras around Tahoe actually show up on the Navigation maps. Sure, people can carry cd's, plug in their ipods, carry topos or a separate GPS device (many people do, even with Navigation.) But to make the statement that people who buy fully loaded rigs do so only because they don't wheel or because their wives made them is just assinine.

Ever seen Moby get wheeled in any of the Wayalife videos? Guess what, it has heated seats. :thumb:

Don't be an :asshat:; people outfit their Jeeps for reasons that make sense to them.

I think it may be even more idiotic to post that long rant well after it has been said that I should have worded it differently. So ill say it again so you don't have to go look for it. People that wheel their jeep in Florida, for the most part, don't have all the frills. Why you ask? Because its 95 all the time and you don't need heated seats, our offroading consists of sand, mud, swamps, and water. Have fun getting that baked onto your expensive leather. Again as I said before I can see all of those things being extremely useful in other parts of the country but here, MOST of the people that have those things are NOT wheeling and put playing. They bought it just like they would any other SUV. Hope you're caught up now :)

MTG

Caught the Bug
I think it may be even more idiotic to post that long rant well after it has been said that I should have worded it differently. So ill say it again so you don't have to go look for it. People that wheel their jeep in Florida, for the most part, don't have all the frills. Why you ask? Because its 95 all the time and you don't need heated seats, our offroading consists of sand, mud, swamps, and water. Have fun getting that baked onto your expensive leather. Again as I said before I can see all of those things being extremely useful in other parts of the country but here, MOST of the people that have those things are NOT wheeling and put playing. They bought it just like they would any other SUV. Hope you're caught up now :)

People wheel their jeeps in Florida? :thinking: I thought they just drove on the beach? :idontknow:

It's 95 ALL the time? :eek: Reason # 542 not to go there.

:cheesy:

Ldogg

I saw a lady trade in her Buick enclave for a 10th anniversary JKUR a couple weeks ago while I was at the dealer. I thought to myself, sweet I want to get hers when it gets traded in, cause I am sure it will be in great shape and well maintained. I bought my 08 JK rubicon used with 40,000 miles on it. It was in fantastic shape and was stock aside from aftermarket wheels. Jeeps are expensive in Colorado(no idea why :D) and so I got a great deal on a great rig. Now when it's time to buy again I will be looking for a similar well maintained used rig.

1yellowjk

People wheel their jeeps in Florida? :thinking: I thought they just drove on the beach? :idontknow:

That and it's filled with people born in FLORIDA, that should be reason alone! :)

Oh and on topic (or sort of) I liked all the creature comforts in my JKU...I wish I would have opted for leather, red mud is a bitch to get out of seats, and I know people that will say an Automatic is a creature comfort. :)

Sharkey

Word Ninja

I'll eat crow when I deserve it. I typed my rant after your first post, had some work to do then came back and hit send. During that time you apparently qualified your statement to apply only to Florida. I guess that makes me the :asshat::cheesy:.

Nonetheless, the majority of the people you see driving Jeeps is merely a very small subset of the number of people driving Jeeps. Believe it or not, there are 49 other states out there besides Florida, many of which have things like mountains and snow. Just getting to work in the winter in those states is probably more difficult than most of the "wheeling" in Florida. :bleh:

Regardless, I think we understand each other's points. :beer:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Even if I was in florida Id want my heated seats, I know it can get chilly down there from time to time (sister lives there again). Only thing I would have liked extra is NAV simply for the screen. My mom has nav in her 13 cherokee and I hate that its always updating and interrupting my music when i steal it from her.

So did you find another dealer to look at the cruise control? also what all mods do you have that makes it harder to take to a dealer?

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'll eat crow when I deserve it. I typed my rant after your first post, had some work to do then came back and hit send. During that time you apparently qualified your statement to apply only to Florida. I guess that makes me the :asshat::cheesy:.

That's not what makes you an :asshat:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I don't think it's fair to compare the JKX guys to the normal population that I'm talking about.

The fair only comes around once a year. :)

Where I live at least you see a TON of the decked our Wranglers, and they are really nice but it's obvious that they aren't bought to be played with, unless the soccer mom is getting out to the trails and mud while the sitter has the kids. I guess I should have specified my generalization with the normal population, not the wayalife population.

Soccer moms rock! We have actually had several join our local Jeep Club to learn about off-roading and modifying their Jeeps to be more capable. One goal of ours is to get those soccer moms using their Jeeps and realize they are more than mall crawlers. We can save a few! :rock:

Are you saying we (wayalifers) aren't normal? I think it's everyone else that's abnormal. :bleh: :cheesy:

How does it seem like I was pressured into getting mine? I already had the YJ beater and decided it was time for something a little nicer

I guess you made it sound like you don't like the fancy electronics and stuff... which is what I consider to be the benefits of the JK over a YJ. Thought you said you were looking for a YJ? It sounded like you didn't know what you were getting in a JK or something as if somebody like a wife/family member/salesperson twisted your arm to get the JK? :idontknow:

That being said, JKs are very capable Jeeps even stock. :yup:

Maybe you should trade it in on a fancier one. :bleh: ;)

No worries here, I mean that is one of the great things about this community, we are all different and like different things so good luck to you with selling your JK. :thumb:

You're providing an opportunity for someone else to get into a newish Jeep! :thumb:

metaldemon

Mine is a base model, the only options it came with were fogs, AC, and Cruise. Pretty bad when one of three option doesn't work. I am not saying I want to get rid of it because the cruise doesn't work. I really have only used it once or twice.
The reason I am thinking about getting rid of it is the electronics that come on these without the options. The reason the they all come with cruise control is because of the fly by wire throttle.
It has a code P0591 in the engine DTC, not the stored code on the OBDII. The steering column control module has detected that the Speed Control Switch 2 is not operating correctly.

metaldemon

Oh, and by the way it is a year old so there are quite a few tree pin stripes. I am still trying get all of the sand out of the frame that I washed out of the headlights. I just don't think it is going to be as in fifteen years it will be able to hold a candle to the fifteen year old XJ that I have. I think I would just rather have a YJ with a carb, and use the XJ for a daily driver again.

PunknGladiator

Nonetheless, the majority of the people you see driving Jeeps is merely a very small subset of the number of people driving Jeeps. Believe it or not, there are 49 other states out there besides Florida, many of which have things like mountains and snow. Just getting to work in the winter in those states is probably more difficult than most of the "wheeling" in Florida. :bleh:

Regardless, I think we understand each other's points. :beer:

Hey! they have mud here and sometimes in the mud there are logs and stuff you gotta go over... Oh and the sand! Don't get me started on sand! LOL :cheesy:

Ya its pretty lame BUT its fun to watch, and a lot of girls in bikinis hang around and that's always a good thing. Real wheeling in North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee is where I have my real fun

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug

image.jpg

Yep......We have literally 51 weeks of Summer and the one week that's left is split up with the other 3 seasons (2 days of Fall, 2 days of Winter, and 3 days of Spring)......factor in the F'ing humidity and the "feels like" is ridiculous.

I've been everywhere man (que Johnny Cash song) and I have to say the West Coast is the shit.......I envy what you guys have out there as far as wheeling and weather.......if I could go back 25 years I would've made my move out there but I can't......so I live vicariously through you all.......my 2012 JK will eventually be upgraded to JKX specs and I'll be out there wheeling with you guys some day soon bet that

Woody

Last edited:

mrmet1983

So ur getting rid of ur JK cuz ur cruise control stopped working lol I think thats pretty much all I need to see.

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Top Bottom