Not happy with JK.

jbaskin28

X2 I would look for another dealer. And if you want another JK get one with the bare minimum on it. Keep it simple. That's the way mine in. Only upgrade was A/C and an auto tranny cause I can't drive stick to well

Sent from my iPhone

Had a choice between a '12 with all the fixings, or a '08 sport x. didn't want all the extra stuff. love my manual roll down windows. haha.

Other than long trips do you really use cruise control? I don't think I've used mine since I got it. I'm with everyone else, find a mod-friendly dealer, or someone you trust to work on it that knows what they are doin.

PunknGladiator

The fair only comes around once a year. :)

Soccer moms rock! We have actually had several join our local Jeep Club to learn about off-roading and modifying their Jeeps to be more capable. One goal of ours is to get those soccer moms using their Jeeps and realize they are more than mall crawlers. We can save a few! :rock:

Are you saying we (wayalifers) aren't normal? I think it's everyone else that's abnormal. :bleh: :cheesy:

I guess you made it sound like you don't like the fancy electronics and stuff... which is what I consider to be the benefits of the JK over a YJ. Thought you said you were looking for a YJ? It sounded like you didn't know what you were getting in a JK or something as if somebody like a wife/family member/salesperson twisted your arm to get the JK? :idontknow:

That being said, JKs are very capable Jeeps even stock. :yup:

Maybe you should trade it in on a fancier one. :bleh: ;)

No worries here, I mean that is one of the great things about this community, we are all different and like different things so good luck to you with selling your JK. :thumb:

You're providing an opportunity for someone else to get into a newish Jeep! :thumb:

It is the OP that was talking about trading their JK for a YJ, I just decided to come in and inadvertently thread jack this place, whoooops. :thankyou:

Millerj87

you can never "avoid" technology but you can limit it. thats what i ment by going with the bare esentials.

its the creature comforts you avoid (i.e. a/c, nav, power windows, etc etc). the main computer basics will be the same from the sport all the way to the rubicon reguardless.

and in reguards to comparing how wheeling a jeep based off of options is asinine i would have to disagree with you. if you wheel a stock rubi and a fully loaded sport/sahara the rubi will win everytime (as you know). obviously because it has lockers and sway bar disco making terrain easier to traverse. outside of that then yea its stupid to compare options

It really comes down to the driver I've seen stock sports (with the right driver)go just as many places as a rubi.. The creature comfort of sitting back and pushin a button to disco my sway bars isn't worth the extra price for me. I carry two 18mm snap on wrenches little extra work but same end result just my :2cents:

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

Millerj87

View attachment 47868

Yep......We have literally 51 weeks of Summer and the one week that's left is split up with the other 3 seasons (2 days of Fall, 2 days of Winter, and 3 days of Spring)......factor in the F'ing humidity and the "feels like" is ridiculous.

I've been everywhere man (que Johnny Cash song) and I have to say the West Coast is the shit.......I envy what you guys have out there as far as wheeling and weather.......if I could go back 25 years I would've made my move out there but I can't......so I live vicariously through you all.......my 2012 JK will eventually be upgraded to JKX specs and I'll be out there wheeling with you guys some day soon bet that

Woody

Ya but y'all have the nice dry heat. Here it's walk outside and your in a sauna. Ya it sucks but better than maine

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

AZDIESELPIG

I am looking for a YJ to replace the '12 JK I bought new last year. I just can't see it being as good a vehicle with all the electronics that came on the Sport. The cruise a ready stopped working, maybe from lack of use. I really can't take it back to the dealer I bought it from because they are mod unfriendly. It just is never going to be as long lived as my '98 XJ. If I can find a YJ in good shape I'll most likely get rid of it.

Nothing you mentioned makes any sense. The Crusie has nothing to do with MODS. The dealer is blowing smoke up your arse and your letting them run over you.

Nothing on a auto breaks from non use...its not like it has an expiration dated.."Best used by".

I say go to another dealer or Stand up for yourself and get it fixed.

Moochie

I might of missed it but, did you even try to get it fixed at the dealership? Your first post said they were not mod friendly. This has nothing to do with mods.

Tackerdown

Banned
I might of missed it but, did you even try to get it fixed at the dealership? Your first post said they were not mod friendly. This has nothing to do with mods.

Lmao 48 post later a commonsense post. Lol but really who wants to trade there jk just because of this.:eek:

Sent from my SPH-L720

mrmet1983

Just sold my JK cuz my dome light burnt out

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

metaldemon

You people really don't understand. The point isn't the cruise control. I think I have used it twice since I owned it. The problem is all the electronics in ANY modern vehicle. The whole idea is that if I can find an older vehicle that doesn't have to pass emissions in PA. My XJ is 15 years old, and thought I would buy a new vehicle. Glad I didn't trade it in. Sorry to have upset the Ree-Rees.

Moochie

You people really don't understand. The point isn't the cruise control. I think I have used it twice since I owned it. The problem is all the electronics in ANY modern vehicle. The whole idea is that if I can find an older vehicle that doesn't have to pass emissions in PA. My XJ is 15 years old, and thought I would buy a new vehicle. Glad I didn't trade it in. Sorry to have upset the Ree-Rees.

Maybe you should just buy a horse and carriage.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hey! they have mud here and sometimes in the mud there are logs and stuff you gotta go over... Oh and the sand! Don't get me started on sand! LOL :cheesy:

Ya its pretty lame BUT its fun to watch, and a lot of girls in bikinis hang around and that's always a good thing. Real wheeling in North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee is where I have my real fun

Okay you've got me rethinking my view on Florida, and the South in general.

Rednecks...check!
Girls in bikinis...check!

How about redneck bikini girls? For example:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378511594.649865.jpg

:cheesy:

Skirmish

My JK is tuned to the wrong radio station and the dealer says its not covered under warranty because its an aftermarket stereo. I'm a gonna trade it for this. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378512653.860004.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
I've watched Amish Mafia and you can get a buggy on the cheap in PA.

I am not sure what I find most disturbing about your post. :thinking:

1) The fact that there is such a thing as the Amish Mafia,
2) That there is enough interest in the subject that there is a TV show about it, or
3) That you actually watched it.

:idontknow:

Top Bottom