ODYSSEY Extreme Series Battery PC1220 for 2012-Up Jeep JK Wranglers

Sharkey

Word Ninja
A lot of these write ups seem like an advertisement for the product being installed.

That's LeStupid.

What did you expect? Oh, I know, after doing a write-up for the install of that brand of battery the last sentence should have read "Now go out and buy an Optima Yellowtop."

Le:asshat:

Last edited:

jk12blk

The Sears Platinum Die Hard Batteries are essential Odyssey's but, they are not available in a Group 48.
My factory battery is leaking, so I want to replace it. Seems the Odyssey is sold out everywhere and will not be available until March 10th. I looked at Diehard and found a Group 48. Description is "DieHard Advanced Gold AGM Battery - Group Size 48." Price with exchange is $164 which seems like a good deal. Will this battery work in a 2012 JK? It says deep cycle and the poles are correct. Photo attached. After market accessories requiring occasional power includes an ARB compressor and Warn winch. Thanks!

Battery.JPG

I went to my odyssey retailer last week, and in their book, 2012's still can run a group 34, but with reversed poles. The one I looked for is a PC1500/34R

Holeshot is this battery still working out for you? I just got one for free. And I liked that price point a lot. :beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone purchase this battery? Wondering how it's holding up. I'm looking for a battery asap.

You mean aside from me? :crazyeyes:

Honestly, they aren't cheap but they are about the best battery I have run to date. The Die Hard Platinum P1 batteries are the same thing.

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Bought mine about two weeks ago. Looking forward to a long and strong battery life. If anything goes sideways with it, I'll be sure to post up.

There was a wait time on both Odyssey and Platinum. After checking more than one vendor, the Odyssey actually turned out to be a shorter wait time.

Tuna JK

I'm running two Odyssey PC1500 (group 34) batteries with a Genesis Offroad dual battery kit in my 2014 Rubicon with one being the cranking battery and the other being the accessory battery. These batteries are 850 CCAs over the stock 600. When I placed the order for the whole rig, the two batteries were drop-shipped separately. The batteries were about $300 each. It took me about 4 hours to install this set-up, and the directions were clear and straight forward.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Reviving an old thread here. I'm looking at upgrading the battery and it is looking like I won't be able to go duals anything soon.

Eddie, based on the dimensions of the tray in your write-up, it looks like you could run a 34R pretty easily, and perhaps even a 31M if you strapped it down (the 31M doesn't have a bottom lip). Did you try any different sizes before settling on the on in this thread?

Anyone out there try a 34R or 31M?

Tree Frog

I called Odyssey/ EnerSys a while back and spoke with a nice lady named Kathy.
I wanted a PC1220 as recommended here, but she really did everything she could to steer me away.
Said that they were having problems with them and that the 48-720 was made here in America and that is the one she recommends.

Now looking through their website it looks like the PC-1220 is no longer avail.

I did get the 48-720 and have been very happy with it. It works, what else can I say?

Really would like the duel battery setup but not right now.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Why did you go with the performance series over the extreme series?

Looks to me like the 34R is the way to go. The poles are correct and the size should fit.

Top Bottom