ODYSSEY Extreme Series Battery PC1220 for 2012-Up Jeep JK Wranglers

Lil Nasty

I called Odyssey/ EnerSys a while back and spoke with a nice lady named Kathy.
I wanted a PC1220 as recommended here, but she really did everything she could to steer me away.
Said that they were having problems with them and that the 48-720 was made here in America and that is the one she recommends.

Now looking through their website it looks like the PC-1220 is no longer avail.

I did get the 48-720 and have been very happy with it. It works, what else can I say?

Really would like the duel battery setup but not right now.

I hope she was wrong. I spent nearly $300 on my 1220 3 months ago.

Tree Frog

My reason's for getting the 48-720 is that it was the recommended battery for our Jeep Wranglers, both from the website and from the Customer Service lady.
I did not want to have to rewire or move around cables to get a reverse setup battery to work. Really concerned about how another style battery would be secured. Did not want to mess with having to build something else to hold down the battery.
Also if I ordered a battery and it did not fit then I would have to ship it back and deal with all that hassle as well.

Had heard nothing but bad stuff about Optima batteries just crapping out on folks with no warning.

This little 3.6 does not need a lot of cranking amps. Normally it barely turns over and its running. It does not get very cold here in Roseburg, OR.
No problem with the factory battery but my Wife had read several posts about how the factory battery just quits all of a sudden and did not want us to have to deal with that.
The specs on this 48-720 blow away the factory battery. We used the old factory battery in a truck that already has a dual setup. 2nd battery just runs the stereo.

I got the 48-720 for like 204 shipped for free to my door. Christmas present for the Jeep.

So down the road if I have any problems with it I will post up and let you guys know. Would also like to hear if anyone else has any problems.
Dont know what the problem was with the PC1220 but she did say there had been a lot of warranty returns.

Down the road i would like to do the dual setup. Just have a lot of other things to do first.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
My reason's for getting the 48-720 is that it was the recommended battery for our Jeep Wranglers, both from the website and from the Customer Service lady.
I did not want to have to rewire or move around cables to get a reverse setup battery to work. Really concerned about how another style battery would be secured. Did not want to mess with having to build something else to hold down the battery.
Also if I ordered a battery and it did not fit then I would have to ship it back and deal with all that hassle as well.

Had heard nothing but bad stuff about Optima batteries just crapping out on folks with no warning.

This little 3.6 does not need a lot of cranking amps. Normally it barely turns over and its running. It does not get very cold here in Roseburg, OR.
No problem with the factory battery but my Wife had read several posts about how the factory battery just quits all of a sudden and did not want us to have to deal with that.
The specs on this 48-720 blow away the factory battery. We used the old factory battery in a truck that already has a dual setup. 2nd battery just runs the stereo.

I got the 48-720 for like 204 shipped for free to my door. Christmas present for the Jeep.

So down the road if I have any problems with it I will post up and let you guys know. Would also like to hear if anyone else has any problems.
Dont know what the problem was with the PC1220 but she did say there had been a lot of warranty returns.

Down the road i would like to do the dual setup. Just have a lot of other things to do first.

Yeah my factory battery died suddenly at about 13 months old. Woke up one morning and it went to leave for work and it wouldn't even click the solenoid. Was perfect the day before. I just got a new one under warranty but it is a different brand.

We run optima yellow tops in a lot of different vehicles where I work and have only ever had a few issues, usually because they've been run flat and not recharged with the right battery charger.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I haven't purchased yet but it is on my short list.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is the one to get because it has the terminals the correct way.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466395653.528600.jpg

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Works fine. No complaints at all.
Thats good to hear. When i would use my winch on steep inclines, my dash and everything dimmed pretty bad to the point it looked like it just wanted to die. So i wanted to upgrade my battery to a heavier duty one.
I haven't purchased yet but it is on my short list.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is the one to get because it has the terminals the correct way.

Nice. if and when you do end up purchasing it, could you give an update on it with it fitting correctly and not having to do anything extra?
This looks like a great option. And If i do buy a battery soon, i might go with this one and will report back on fitment and everything. :thumb:

Journeyman

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Electric...x?t_c=72&t_s=12&t_pt=4219&t_pn=ODY34R-PC1500T

I'm not a fan of 4wheel parts. But I was researching this battery yesterday trying to figure out which side the positive pole is on. Called a buddy who works at a competitor. He found this on the 4wheels parts and said to buy it. His price is 230$ (public 300$)
He even called them to verify if this price was rt and they confirmed that it's a typo, but that's the internet price until it's fixed. I just purchased online with free local pickup at 4wheel parts 248 out the door.
FYI the R behind the 34 is for positive pole reversed to the fire wall side.

MonkeyLeo13

Yea i'm not fan of 4wheel part either but I found out same good deal through online last friday and they have it in stock near my home so my wife bought it for me. Cost 228 plus tax :thumb:

Bunz-o-fun

Thats good to hear. When i would use my winch on steep inclines, my dash and everything dimmed pretty bad to the point it looked like it just wanted to die. So i wanted to upgrade my battery to a heavier duty one.

Nice. if and when you do end up purchasing it, could you give an update on it with it fitting correctly and not having to do anything extra?
This looks like a great option. And If i do buy a battery soon, i might go with this one and will report back on fitment and everything. :thumb:

What's up Nick! Not trying to steal Sharkey's thunder, but I bought the 34R PC1500T about two weeks prior to our Barnwell trip. Fits perfect with the factory terminal cables. Fits great in the space for a 2014 JKUR. Just used the factory screw down clamps that hold on to the feet of the battery. Quick starts every time. It's also the same battery that winched you out of that situation at Barnwell. No dimming during winching. Although it hasn't been REALLY tested yet. But so far so good.
Got it at 4wheelparts local pick up for about $240ish.
You can see the clamp at the bottom of the battery. That was the only thing I couldn't get to line up perfectly straight. But it's super snug and the battery doesn't budge.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467313937.492218.jpg

Journeyman

I'm waiting for the phone call to go pick mine up in El Cajon. Factory battery finally has started to die. Voltage was good but cold cranking amps was down to 300. My arb fridge has not been happy about it.

Top Bottom