OFFICIAL 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Owners Manual - SEE IT NOW!!

Sonic15

My wife's 2016 F150 Ecoboost has the start/stop feature. It's there to save gas but in cold weather, it remains on so the engine doesn't get cold. It's definitely something to get used to. Like others have said, there is a button that allows you to turn that feature off but you have to do it every time you start the car. The first time it shut off at a street light, I freaked out. Now, I don't even notice it

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JamesWyatt

Auto manufacturers cannot put a factory defeat mechanism on the Start/Stop or they would lose the benefit of the mileage claim they make. This will certainly be overcome by an aftermarket enhancement. None of us want to be stopped on a hill or rock and have the engine shut off because we forgot to push the button.

Our 2015 BMW X1's factory engine-stop defeat button is off for good when you press it. Maybe the rules changed or that's just how the Jeep system works. And I would imagine the engine-off system is bypassed in 4L (and hopefully 4H).

Sonic15

I know im late to the party and I havent been keeping up with all the JL updates but it looks like the front windshield has more of an angle than the JK. If that's the case, maybe I'll stop cracking/chipping mine so much with flying gravel

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Our 2015 BMW X1's factory engine-stop defeat button is off for good when you press it. Maybe the rules changed or that's just how the Jeep system works. And I would imagine the engine-off system is bypassed in 4L (and hopefully 4H).

it is disabled in 4LO - I don't recall reading about it off in 4Hi but it makes sense it should be

JamesWyatt

Under the TPMS section, it mentions, "for vehicles equipped with a full-size spare," which sounds like they won't be standard on some models.

ROBINSONMAC

The Wrangler is finally getting all the modern electronics that the rest of the Jeeps have had for years. It's about time FCA! Hopefully all the bugs were worked out in the other models. They can't afford to have the same issues The GC, Cherokee & Renegade have had with their electronics.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Oh, BTW, did you see that the 2.0L needs to be run on 91 octane? Guess it may really be a motor made for power and NOT economy.

I missed that when I was skimming through it last night. That kind of sucks and makes me wonder why they opted for this route instead of a V8. If it is solely for more power.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I missed that when I was skimming through it last night. That kind of sucks and makes me wonder why they opted for this route instead of a V8. If it is solely for more power.

It will not be for solely more power. 91 is actually more efficient as well. Burns cleaner and takes less fuel to produce as much power if not more than running 87.

bill.turner

After a quick look through the manuals, a couple of things to note. No diesel option listed, and I am not seeing any half door options. Admittedly it was a quick look. So if anyone out there sees something I missed please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The longer top door hinge pin seems like a really good idea. The most frustrating part to putting the doors back on is getting both pins to line up at the same time.

benbour

We have a Cherokee Trailhawk (2016) with the start/stop feature. It was never explained to us to be a "fuel saving" feature at all. Apparently this technology has been around in Europe for a while now. The idea behind it, as far as I know, is for decreased emissions, not fuel savings. It's made to stop you from idling while stopped at a light, etc. It does take a fraction of a second longer to go from a dead stop, but it's really not that bad. Before your foot is completely off the brake, it starts.

As mentioned, you can turn it off with a button (it's an "A" with a circle around it), but it'll have to be done every time you start the vehicle.

The computer will only shut the engine off under the right conditions - and it's quite good at it. For instance, if it's hot out and you're running AC, the engine with start back up if your cabin temp starts to get higher than what you've specified on the climate control, same with heat. It also won't keep shutting off if your in traffic and inching forward and stopping a lot.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Is it just me? or does the JL look a lot like a JK with a facelift?

Though the MT option FINALLY has a reverse ring lock out :thumb: which would be a nice feature to have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom