Oh How I Love New Windshields!

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Just installed the 4th windshield on my 2012 JKUR with 36K miles. The OEM Jeep shield was nice the first replacement. It lasted all of 5K miles before it caught a piece of 2x4 thrown up by a serious dust devil. Massive bullseye followed by the cross country crack two days later. I'm sticking with the less expensive replacements. If the next gen JK has the healthy rake shown in artists concepts it'll have more survivability, I hope.:yup:

DA RUNT

I don't know why, but this thread makes me wanna sing I can see clearly now, you know the lyrics :crazyeyes:

YKNJCK

Still on my first at 10,000 miles. Not saying it doesn't need replaced. 1st chip the day I took her off the lot, cross country crack the next morning. Keep thinking about replacing it, but hell I live in Alaska, even the paved roads are an inch deep in gravel most of the year.

iRonin

lol @ my dealership there were these guys selling glass restoration services to customers who were in for regular oil changes, etc. I pulled up and they inspected mine while I was in talking to the service guy. Walk out and the dude was like "Did you drive your Jeep through a sandstorm?". "No sir," I replied, "just Hidden Falls." My Jeep was all of... 3 months old.:rock:

dwvninety

lol @ my dealership there were these guys selling glass restoration services to customers who were in for regular oil changes, etc. I pulled up and they inspected mine while I was in talking to the service guy. Walk out and the dude was like "Did you drive your Jeep through a sandstorm?". "No sir," I replied, "just Hidden Falls." My Jeep was all of... 3 months old.:rock:

I was at Hidden Falls last year and got a small chip on my windshield. Thankfully it was repairable.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
The first windshield on my first Jeep lasted one month. Let's see how long the windshield lasts on this new Jeep before I have to replace it.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Okay, so my 2014 has the windshield with the cute little Jeep climbing in the corner and the grill at the top in the middle of the windshield. Anyone know how much it is to purchase that OEM windshield? I've had my Jeep 2 months and already there is a crack and a chip so I am preparing myself to have to replace it soon. usually I'd just get regular glass, but I love that little climbing Jeep and grill sticker.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Okay, so my 2014 has the windshield with the cute little Jeep climbing in the corner and the grill at the top in the middle of the windshield. Anyone know how much it is to purchase that OEM windshield? I've had my Jeep 2 months and already there is a crack and a chip so I am preparing myself to have to replace it soon. usually I'd just get regular glass, but I love that little climbing Jeep and grill sticker.

Check with your insurance company and see if you have windshield coverage. I can get them for $25 through mine.

Top Bottom