Opinion on teraflex lift kits

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I rub a lot, you know big tires, little lift stock fenders... Budget problems lol. So I figure an inch up and a little back and bam. View attachment 142204

Good luck with the other problems you'll encounter. It's nothing more than a marketing scheme they're selling, you bought into it. I'm running 37" tires, 3" lift and factory arms except front lowers.

Pyro1415

Good luck with the other problems you'll encounter. It's nothing more than a marketing scheme they're selling, you bought into it. I'm running 37" tires, 3" lift and factory arms except front lowers.

Hmm good ride at speed and I'm guessing flex is no issue?

olram30

Hmm good ride at speed and I'm guessing flex is no issue?

Factory arms, rides great. Flex is determined by shock length. Factory arms can easily handle 10"-11" travel shocks no problem.
Arms don't increase flex, another fairy tale.

jedg

Olram30 is giving it to you straight. Rubbing is an issue of bump stop and trimming. From your picture you need to trim your pinch seam and probably your Rubi rock rail. Moving your axle back one inch ( as you suggested) without four adjustable control arms in the back will change your pinion angle and could introduce vibration in the drive shaft. Trimming and proper bump stop is pretty cheap.

jedg

The springs are on the stiff side for my taste. The joints don't last, I had to upgrade the joints after a year and a half. The track bars you don't need, when your stock ones will work with track bar relocation bracket.

The Evo enforcer lift is a much better designed and complete lift in my opinion. It comes with everything you need and nothing that you don't. The Evo arms come with proven Johnny Joints and are easier to adjust with the pinch bolt and jam nut design.
Eyup. Same here. The only parts from my RK Max travel that's left is the tie rod and the rear track bar bracket.

Pyro1415

It's already bumped stopped to hell and back, I was going to replace all the arms and I've already trimmed the pinch seam and rail, it rubs on the flare.

olram30

It's already bumped stopped to hell and back, I was going to replace all the arms and I've already trimmed the pinch seam and rail, it rubs on the flare.

Trim your fenders, you can maximize articulation. You probably aren't using your up and down travel to the fullest. Arms won't do it for you or spending 1400 on a new lift. Just trimming or buying flat fenders adds 3" of clearance for up travel.

Pyro1415

I have like 2" of up travel lol. Teraflex 2.5" with bump stops... I've made mistakes. Wanted to go to 3.5" lift and eventually flats.

jedg

Trim your fenders, you can maximize articulation. You probably aren't using your up and down travel to the fullest. Arms won't do it for you or spending 1400 on a new lift. Just trimming or buying flat fenders adds 3" of clearance for up travel.

This ^^^. He's absolutely giving you good advice. I think you could trim the pinch seam more as well. Mine's quite a bit shorter than that. Also, I think trimming the OEM fenders is a better solution than bushwhackers as they are flexible whereas the bushwhackers, when hit, will bend your fender panels. I run bushwhackers ( xmas gift and so it is) and am constantly watching for fender contact.

Most of your uptravel will come from trimming the fenders. Depending on your tire size, the next thing that determines bump is the compressed shock length.

Pyro1415

This ^^^. He's absolutely giving you good advice. I think you could trim the pinch seam more as well. Mine's quite a bit shorter than that. Also, I think trimming the OEM fenders is a better solution than bushwhackers as they are flexible whereas the bushwhackers, when hit, will bend your fender panels. I run bushwhackers ( xmas gift and so it is) and am constantly watching for fender contact.

Most of your uptravel will come from trimming the fenders. Depending on your tire size, the next thing that determines bump is the compressed shock length.

Wanted the psc crushers but yeah not a fan of plastic but I dont want to chop them incase I go back to stock look.

olram30

Wanted the psc crushers but yeah not a fan of plastic but I dont want to chop them incase I go back to stock look.

There's no going back. Trim yours and look for take offs if you ever want to go back to factory I guess.
Next option would be mce fenders and save yours, still plastic. Little over priced. But half the price of poison spider. Allows you to put your factory back on. No nutserts.
Last would be ps. Really heavy unless you get aluminum, 1200 is way too much imo. Not flexible and could cause body damage if hit hard enough. Plus you have to deal with nutserts.
I would trim the factory first, but that's one of the draw backs of running bigger tires.
Here's another way to look at it, even if you add taller springs, your bump stops haven't changed. Your tires will still stop at the same place. The moving the axle back has many problems associated with it. Let me look for this thread we had on it. If you're interested.

Pyro1415

There's no going back. Trim yours and look for take offs if you ever want to go back to factory I guess.
Next option would be mce fenders and save yours, still plastic. Little over priced. But half the price of poison spider. Allows you to put your factory back on. No nutserts.
Last would be ps. Really heavy unless you get aluminum, 1200 is way too much imo. Not flexible and could cause body damage if hit hard enough. Plus you have to deal with nutserts.
I would trim the factory first, but that's one of the draw backs of running bigger tires.
Here's another way to look at it, even if you add taller springs, your bump stops haven't changed. Your tires will still stop at the same place. The moving the axle back has many problems associated with it. Let me look for this thread we had on it. If you're interested.

Yeah the thread would be great, I guess I'll be pulling out the jig saw here soon. Nut serts aren't a problem I use them often at work. Don't see the point in running aluminum armor, I like the strength of steel ;)

I have like 2" of up travel lol. Teraflex 2.5" with bump stops... I've made mistakes. Wanted to go to 3.5" lift and eventually flats.

I cant back olrams advice enough on the Evo enforcer. Ideal kit with bulletproof quality, ride and flex.

jkwebbie

Yea man, I was in the same boat as you with wanting the rock krawler lift, but after reading into it, I really don't want it now. I'm gonna go with the EVO enforcer kit or maybe Currie...or maybe a combo of both lol. But you really don't want to push your axle back an inch, it messes with almost everything in the rear. And plus, I've never heard one bad thing about EVO lifts and haven't heard many bad things on Currie

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
How about Rancho lifts? What have yall heard about them?

Unlike 90% of the commenters so far in this thread, I've run a Teraflex lift. It was fine. It did it's job. I beat on it hard, and it never broke while I had it. Can't say that I would buy it again though. Was it awesome? No.

Rancho lifts are good as well. Are there better built lifts than both of them? Of course.

The ultimate answer to your question is it's really a you get what you pay for. How hard are you going to wheel and how are you going to drive your Jeep should be the factors that play into do you get an extremely well built and durable lift or do you just need something to clear some tires.

So ask yourself what you really need and use that as your starting place.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I had the tf 2.5" lift...was great for a while then I got tired of the coils. I now run the 3" evo plush ride coils. In the end I should have just saved up a little more and went evo from the beginning after adding a few parts to the tf kit when I could have just went with the enforcer and prolly saved some money in the long run. just my :twocents:

Utah_Jay

I currently run the 2.5 teraflex coils paired with Bilstein shocks. I think the ride is great but I credit that more because of the shocks. I like the handling on and off road. The only reason I went with them is because I got all 4 for $190, otherwise I would have went a different route. The biggest complaint I have with any teraflex product is their pricing, I think they should provide better warranties for what they charge.

Top Bottom