OPINIONS WANTED - Wild Boar Angry Grill

jknit

I love this grill and if you don't want it I'll buy it at cost from you...I hate how much they charge for it that's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger

jknit

They cost 280 on street and I'm getting for under 200 w free shipping. I'm not worried about the deal...I can still cancel it. Its more if its cheese or not.

Still has 7 slots but just not as long vertically.

I am 0n the fence

I'll buy it from you for 200?

jackedup

I love this grill and if you don't want it I'll buy it at cost from you...I hate how much they charge for it that's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger

I agree. 280.00 for a piece of plastic that doesn't have all of the factory mounting points is hard to swallow

jknit

Why don't you ladies accessorize your Jeep with these...

Ya duh I have those too what's your point?

Serious note what's the difference between doing this grill vs new rims? (Unless they're bead locks which serve a functional purpose) there's no other reason to change from stock rims besides looks (and I guess you can argue back spacing)

David1tontj

Initially I didn't like it, but after seeing it in a couple of the rigs, I think it can be pulled off if your rig is sweet...

That being said I guess I am on the fence, but..... Does anyone know if it reduces the airflow enough to cause problems? I know the pentastars have overheating issues anyway, so I would be nervous doing anything that might add to an already known weakness..

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ya duh I have those too what's your point?

Serious note what's the difference between doing this grill vs new rims? (Unless they're bead locks which serve a functional purpose) there's no other reason to change from stock rims besides looks (and I guess you can argue back spacing)

You "guess" you can argue backspacing? You need lower backspacing to run bigger tires. No need to guess, it's a fact.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Initially I didn't like it, but after seeing it in a couple of the rigs, I think it can be pulled off if your rig is sweet...

That being said I guess I am on the fence, but..... Does anyone know if it reduces the airflow enough to cause problems? I know the pentastars have overheating issues anyway, so I would be nervous doing anything that might add to an already known weakness..

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

It doesn't cover any of the slots. If you look closely you can see it stops just above the slots.

Napalm90

I feel it's too much. My friend has these bezel things on his that give an angry look which I think looks better than the wild boar and is also much cheaper ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387043706.449039.jpg

David1tontj

It doesn't cover any of the slots. If you look closely you can see it stops just above the slots.

I think it's a whole new grill with smaller slots.. I grabbed another pic from another Thread to have a side by side, and it looks like the factory slots go about 2" higher. Just a guess... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387044004.124497.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387044014.012015.jpg

David1tontj

Oh wow. Yeah f that. I thought it was just a cover.

Actually- after looking at those pics side by side, I think the slots are narrower too!! It probably isn't enough to matter, but I thought it was worth mentioning

Edit: after looking at how much surface is closed off... It has to make a difference! I say screw that!

Last edited:

jknit

I'm running 37s on stocks right now just fine, so yes if you want to go larger than 37s you're going to need different bakspacing

Devallee

I just used plastidip on mine to get the angry eye look (or you could use vinyl) I like it because if I don't like the angle it's at u can just peel it off and change it to get the exact angle you want. And it only costs the price of a can of plastidip :thumb: I went with the color of the grille because I personally think it looks better in the day time, and at night it obviously doesn't matter

Attachments

• 1387051307579.jpg
    1387051307579.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 182

David1tontj

I just used plastidip on mine to get the angry eye look (or you could use vinyl) I like it because if I don't like the angle it's at u can just peel it off and change it to get the exact angle you want. And it only costs the price of a can of plastidip :thumb: I went with the color of the grille because I personally think it looks better in the day time, and at night it obviously doesn't matter

Thanks for the idea!! I'm totally gonna use that! I love the ability to peel it off!
I was searching for those bezels for a Tj, but couldn't find them.. I have plasti-dip in the garage!

JKFlyer

i do like those bezels things and you can change their positioning if you change your mood too.

yes, it is a whole new grill. proably makes sense not to mess with airflow

jknit...PM sent

Moochie

I'm running 37s on stocks right now just fine, so yes if you want to go larger than 37s you're going to need different bakspacing

When I had 35's (stock wheels) and a 3" lift it was necessary to use wheel spacers since the stock wheels had to much back spacing.

Top Bottom