Or Fab cage with trex top nx

silverbackjk

Naw you're not crazy. Here is my :twocents: on Reno. I grew up here for the most part and left right after high school swearing never to come back. 10 years later I found myself with a chance to move here for work. I was reluctant but it was a nice compromise for places my wife and I wanted to live. Here are some of the reasons:
No state income tax.
It's not California.
My daily commute at my old house was 7 minutes, it is now 15.
Housing prices are now again fairly reasonable.
I can be at the airport within about 20-25 minutes from my house.
I don't have to get there 2 hours before to park, check-in, pass security...30-45 minutes is my norm.
I can be anywhere in the west with 2-3 hour flight or less.
3 hour drive to San Francisco if I want a nice big city.
4 seasons with 300 days of sunshine
Tahoe is 30 minutes away
I can be on the ski slopes within 15 minutes (30 from town), do 6-8 runs and be in the office by 10:30 or 11:00

There is more, but as far as quality of life, there are much worse places to be. From someone who swore never to live here again, I have to say that yes, it does grow on you. ;)

Most of the reasons you listed I have been discovering over the past few years. It really is a great base camp for wandering around out west. I just still can't get over the endless trails everywhere. Where I live in San Jose there is not shit for close trails. In Reno I can drive a few miles and hit a cool trail. My main thing is we could afford a house with a real yard for my kids, my house now has a tiny yard I am in track house. Ca is just to damn expensive to buy with a bigger yard.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I spent the first 26 years of my life in Reno. After that, I lived in Truckee, Durango, San Fran and Sacramento. When it was all said and done, I chose to come back to Reno to raise my family. It's close enough to big cities and the ocean but not too close. It's very close to mountains, skiing and rivers...and it's NOT California. All good points in my book.

Paisano

I sifted through this thread because I wanted to know about Or Fab cage and Trek Top Nx now my family's upset because I said were moving to Reno! Thanks guys!

jelliott076

how do you like your extinguisher there? i thought about putting a small 1lbs one i have there.... does it move about? is that the PSC mount?

andrew-

It the Off Road Warehouse extinguisher mount. I just zip tied it in place. It hasn't moved yet even over Bronco Peak. Note the cable lock. The li'l scumbag theives in my neighborhood will take anything!

I knew I should of went to the SnG!!!

You mean 'shouldn't'? I'm with you, I caught a little grief for being gone so long. To make it worse, my left rear tire randomly deflated on me and I had to change it out on the way home. A true WTF moment

Last edited:

naysjp

Caught the Bug
It the Off Road Warehouse extinguisher mount. I just zip tied it in place. It hasn't moved yet even over Bronco Peak. Note the cable lock. The li'l scumbag theives in my neighborhood will take anything!

X2. They take anything in my neighborhood even if they don't know what it is used for.

Paisano

You mean 'shouldn't'? I'm with you, I caught a little grief for being gone so long. To make it worse, my left rear tire randomly deflated on me and I had to change it out on the way home. A true WTF moment

I was referring to the SnG in Fullerton tonight.

jelliott076

X2. They take anything in my neighborhood even if they don't know what it is used for.

You must live on my block! They just stole my Baja Design LED of the bumber as well as one of my recovery knuckles. Yet again...WTF!!??. I'm still battling with the insurance, it came in just a hair under the deductable. Not to mention it's only a misdemeanor theft so the Sheriff won't put too much effort in.

I was referring to the SnG in Fullerton tonight.

..Sorry, I just realized that was tonight. I'm at work right now wishing I'd gone!!

Paisano

You must live on my block! They just stole my Baja Design LED of the bumber as well as one of my recovery knuckles. Yet again...WTF!!??. I'm still battling with the insurance, it came in just a hair under the deductable. Not to mention it's only a misdemeanor theft so the Sheriff won't put too much effort in.

Sorry that sucks! I'd mount some motion detecting cameras and hope they don't see them and steal them.

jelliott076

Sorry that sucks! I'd mount some motion detecting cameras and hope they don't see them and steal them.

Yep! I ordered a set of cameras same day, and bought a brand new shovel just in case I catch the guy. Oh wait.... Hopefully the Sheriff get him.

Paisano

Yep! I ordered a set of cameras same day, and bought a brand new shovel just in case I catch the guy. Oh wait.... Hopefully the Sheriff get him.

I know what you mean! Baja Designs aren't cheap. I'm going to put special hardware on mine. I'd rather they get damaged then some tool get them.

Top Bottom