Orion

TrailHunter

Hooked
Installed the Rear Seat Recline Kit today... went nice and smooth and definitely can feel the difference.

I chose the “Innovative JK Products” Kit...

IMG_5893.jpg

The OEM bolts came out fairly easy.... Hit them with a breaker bar first, then with the Impact... A good extension & universal will help get as straight as possible on the lower bolts to ease them out. At this point it was a good opportunity to vacuum up all the crumbs that never seem to make it into the kids mouths.

IMG_5928.jpg

I like the Derlin because it’s strong and there is no paint to chip. This kit also uses OEM spec bolts which is huge plus.

IMG_5930.jpg

I can feel the difference in the extra recline and head clearance from the front seat.... We’ll see if the kids complain less on long trips..

IMG_5931.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Probably one of the BEST mods you can do on a 4-door especially for the rear passengers :yup:

JKbrick

Installed the Rear Seat Recline Kit today... went nice and smooth and definitely can feel the difference.

I chose the “Innovative JK Products” Kit...

View attachment 287228

The OEM bolts came out fairly easy.... Hit them with a breaker bar first, then with the Impact... A good extension & universal will help get as straight as possible on the lower bolts to ease them out. At this point it was a good opportunity to vacuum up all the crumbs that never seem to make it into the kids mouths.

View attachment 287229

I like the Derlin because it’s strong and there is no paint to chip. This kit also uses OEM spec bolts which is huge plus.

View attachment 287230

I can feel the difference in the extra recline and head clearance from the front seat.... We’ll see if the kids complain less on long trips..

View attachment 287231

Can you tell by looking if that kit would work to raise the front passenger seat, as in putting a spacer under each of the four feet?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
I suppose you could... but the foot print on the fronts are much bigger. You would see a gap... In the kit you get 4 longer bolts, 4 - 1” spacers and 3 - 1/2” spacers... I wouldn’t do it... I’d make a custom spacer.

TrailHunter

Hooked
The Build & Travels of ORION

Cal City Annual New Years Family Trip - 2018

IMG_5951.jpg
IMG_5975.jpg
IMG_5997.jpg IMG_1549.jpg IMG_1591.jpg

Met a great guy on the trail with his new rig... The Old Iron made Orion look tiny...
IMG_6023.jpg
IMG_6021.jpg
IMG_6036.jpg
IMG_6013.jpg

New Year.... New Adventures!

Last edited:

CharlesC

Probably one of the BEST mods you can do on a 4-door especially for the rear passengers :yup:

Agree!! My kids wish I would have done this mod right away when we bought it new. They are now 18 and 21 and blame their back aches on 90* upright seats mopar delivered them [emoji23]

Glad to hear they are on the JL. Too bad they don't have a medium recline adj handle. Little bit of angle adjustment would go along way.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
The Build & Travels of ORION

Got the Evo Fascia, Rock Hard License plate relocate kit and Hitch installed. Some minor cutting, grinding and modifying was required....

IMG_6208.jpg

A little tape so the nut wouldn’t drop into the frame....

IMG_6209.jpg

I wasn’t happy with how far the plate stuck out with the stock wheel.... so change of plan. I raised and reversed the tire bracket so the receiver was now at the top center spoke. Only had to oblong a couple holes in the bracket.

IMG_6210.jpg

Then I welded an extension to the Plate holder so the set screw could be used.

IMG_6214.jpg

Its actually easy to reach the bolts with the tailgate is open...

IMG_6220.jpg

Keepin it Tight...

IMG_6218.jpg

Really happy with the rear now... clean and simple.

IMG_6219.jpg

The bumpers look a little funny with no lift and small tires, and no Winch... but still a huge improvement from stock...

Next will be to trim the fenders which will help balance things.... enjoy the Jeep for a While.... then Lift & Tires.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Welded up a Temporary Cover plate for the Evo 1/4 since I don’t have a winch yet... it provides protection to the wire harness etc, creates a good storage area and just looks better for now....

Before:
IMG_6226.jpg

After:
IMG_6227.jpg

My Winch Substitute:
IMG_6228.JPG

Top Bottom