P0306 STRIKES RUBICAT AGAIN : Jeep JK Wrangler Cylinder 6 Misfire

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Curious - assuming you are using the Superchips as a programmer and not just for diagnostics, did you clear your programmable settings before you dropped off the jeep? I have a feeling this will happen to me some day and I've read it's a good idea to clear the settings. My understanding is your programmer can get locked out if the dealer makes changes on top of your existing settings.

What you see in the pic is a Superchips "Flashcal", not a "Flashpaq". It's just a reader and NOT a programmer. If you are using a Flashpaq programmer, you will need to return it to stock before going into your dealership. Of course, if you make a mistake and forget to do that, you can have Superchips unlock it for you. I believe the first time is free and subsequent unlocks will come at a cost.

jk12blk

What you see in the pic is a Superchips "Flashcal", not a "Flashpaq". It's just a reader and NOT a programmer. If you are using a Flashpaq programmer, you will need to return it to stock before going into your dealership. Of course, if you make a mistake and forget to do that, you can have Superchips unlock it for you. I believe the first time is free and subsequent unlocks will come at a cost.
Copy. I did not know about the one-time free unlock and hopefully I never need to use it. Thanks for the info!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Copy. I did not know about the one-time free unlock and hopefully I never need to use it. Thanks for the info!

To be clear, I don't know if the one time free thing is a fact. I used to run a Flashpaq on Moby way back when and found out the hard way what happens when a dealer flashes your computer. I called them up, explained the situation to them and they were kind enough to unlock mine for free. They did inform me that future unlocks would come at a cost.

JAGS

Hooked
To be clear, I don't know if the one time free thing is a fact. I used to run a Flashpaq on Moby way back when and found out the hard way what happens when a dealer flashes your computer. I called them up, explained the situation to them and they were kind enough to unlock mine for free. They did inform me that future unlocks would come at a cost.

Not to tangent, but is the same true about returning to stock for the procal. Last time I was at the dealer, they wanted to flash. Luckily my service rep is one that I've been to for a while and he asked if I had a programmer for the tires and such.

I skipped having them do the flash last time around.

I think this has been answered elsewhere, but can't recall with the procal.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not to tangent, but is the same true about returning to stock for the procal. Last time I was at the dealer, they wanted to flash. Luckily my service rep is one that I've been to for a while and he asked if I had a programmer for the tires and such.

I skipped having them do the flash last time around.

I think this has been answered elsewhere, but can't recall with the procal.

An AEV Procal will not be effected by a dealership flash.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WOOHOO!!! :wings:

Just got a call from Carson City Jeep and my service advisor Tom Koche just informed me that the problem IS the cylinder head AND it IS covered under warranty!!! They said they have most of the parts in stock, the rest will come in tomorrow and they will get to work on it right away. I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing from him - seriously some of the best frickin news I've heard in a while. :yup:

WJCO

Meme King

Just got a call from Carson City Jeep and my service advisor Tom Koche just informed me that the problem IS the cylinder head AND it IS covered under warranty!!! They said they have most of the parts in stock, the rest will come in tomorrow and they will get to work on it right away. I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing from him - seriously some of the best frickin news I've heard in a while. :yup:

Very cool. Sucks you have to do it again, but hopefully this updated part will be the last of it.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

Oh man! :celebrate: Super glad to hear it! :thumb::yup:

benatc1

Hooked
Hey that's big time, im sure you have enough mods to try and bend you over and make you pay but that's great customer service on their part to get the work done!!

JAGS

Hooked
An AEV Procal will not be effected by a dealership flash.

Cool. Will I need to re-do my settings or even the settings stay with the procal. Thx.

I'll be sure to thank you in person next time I stop by unannounced. [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

Nick Zambo

Eddie

Out of curiosity both times this happen on Rubicat, what Rpm was the motor turning? Above 4500? Just wondering?

If anyone else remembers when it happened charm in please!

These sort of things peak interest and now I need to know.

JAGS

Hooked

This is great news. [emoji106]

Sharkey

Word Ninja

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Top Bottom