Painting my interior?

Brankz

This is so hard,I seen lots of videos and reviews

And this is my results

70% off people say come out awesome
30% say don't do it paint will crack and looks horrible!

Now for seats I saw a couple of rear seats for 2 door jks in black for cheap and for the front I was thinking racing seats ;) I work at orailys so I can get the racing seats for cheap, and I'm not talking about the black crappy seats that you see at the store I'm talking about name brands seats

Ceithre

This is so hard,I seen lots of videos and reviews

And this is my results

70% off people say come out awesome
30% say don't do it paint will crack and looks horrible!

Now for seats I saw a couple of rear seats for 2 door jks in black for cheap and for the front I was thinking racing seats ;) I work at orailys so I can get the racing seats for cheap, and I'm not talking about the black crappy seats that you see at the store I'm talking about name brands seats

I'm just guessing but those 30% of people probably didn't prep right and or their car sees a ton of sunlight. like yours might if you go topless a lot just a thought I had if you didn't think of that already.

Ceithre

That's sortof the problem with Brankzie. He gets an idea planted in his head and he'll run balls out with it. :eek:

OK then... Brankz I got another idea become a billionare and give us all a cool million! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brankz

:pop2: .....Im still here ;)

I'm not painting my interior today, I'm doing more research in paints and how to do this, but I am painting the inner wheel and frame tie rod etc flat black πŸ‘lol not that exciting but it's looking cool I will post pics in a bit

jeeeep

Hooked
thinking in painting next Thursday, fingers crossed, I even have a backup plan! Lol
If I f to bad I will buy a black dash cover lol

take your time prepping it and prep the places where you think you won't paint and then paint it all.

The peeling always begins with poor prep and the edges that weren't prepped but painted anyway because they wouldn't be so visible :twocents:

Brankz

take your time prepping it and prep the places where you think you won't paint and then paint it all.

The peeling always begins with poor prep and the edges that weren't prepped but painted anyway because they wouldn't be so visible :twocents:

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ screw it painting it next Thursday lol worst case, I will have to go to a junk yard and buy a new dash lol

You need to use SEM products... Its the only product really designed to do the project you're trying to do.

You'll need all the steps to complete the conversation properly. To do the entire interior you'll probably need the following:

1 x SEM Soap (39362)
4 x SEM Adhesion Promotion (39863) or SEM Sand Free (38363) (Both do a similar thing) I've used both.
4 x SEM Color Coat in Black (17013) or (15013)
4 x SEM Color Coat Low Luster Clear Coat (13023)

Keep in mind that these cans run about $15-20 each

If you prep this right (by that I mean you wash everything with the SEM Soap twice (front and rear of the panels... everything) and if you have good weather 70-90`with low humidity, if you do this in the driveway it should only take about 5 minutes to flash in the sun. Spray the adhesion promoter or sand free heavy and wet... almost to the point of it running, but don't let it run, then spray the color in light coats. Let it flash between coats for about 10minutes indirect sunlight. The UV will day it fast.

Once you have the first light coats completed you can just start going around them all, until everything is all black. Then once you think its all set, do one more coat. ;) Make sure you spray all the way around to the back side of the panels.

Let the paint cure in the sun for about 30 minutes, then check to be sure its dry. If its dry you can put a few coats of clear on it. I would let it cure over night to be sure its dry. The next day reinstall everything.

Last edited:

Brankz

You need to use SEM products... Its the only product really designed to do the project you're trying to do.

You'll need all the steps to complete the conversation properly. To do the entire interior you'll probably need the following:

1 x SEM Soap (39362)
4 x SEM Adhesion Promotion (39863) or SEM Sand Free (38363) (Both do a similar thing) I've used both.
4 x SEM Color Coat in Black (17013) or (15013)
4 x SEM Color Coat Low Luster Clear Coat (13023)

Keep in mind that these cans run about $15-20 each

If you prep this right (by that I mean you wash everything with the SEM Soap twice (front and rear of the panels... everything) and if you have good weather 70-90`with low humidity, if you do this in the driveway it should only take about 5 minutes to flash in the sun. Spray the adhesion promoter or sand free heavy and wet... almost to the point of it running, but don't let it run, then spray the color in light coats. Let it flash between coats for about 10minutes indirect sunlight. The UV will day it fast.

Once you have the first light coats completed you can just start going around them all, until everything is all black. Then once you think its all set, do one more coat. ;) Make sure you spray all the way around to the back side of the panels.

Let the paint cure in the sun for about 30 minutes, then check to be sure its dry. If its dry you can put a few coats of clear on it. I would let it cure over night to be sure its dry. The next day reinstall everything.

Wow man thank you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ I will look for the sem paint

Did you paint your interior .?

Wow man thank you  I will look for the sem paint

Did you paint your interior .?

Well, no not whole interiors but I've repainted plenty of panels with the stuff. I've used the products for years. It works great and as designed... Just follow the directions. I paraphrased the directions a little... but honestly its pretty much that easy. When I custom mold things into factory panels I use SEM products to match the texture and paint.

The left side is the one I painted the right is a factory Jeep panel... Completed with SEM products...

2014-10-29 20.19.42.jpg

Just call around to local auto body supply dealers. You can buy this stuff on Amazon easy enough... but it doesn't qualify for Prime shipping because it has to ship ground.

Top Bottom