PAPPY : 1954 Willys CJ3B

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Eddie the pics you've been posting on IG the past few days seriously have me want to start searching for a solid and drivable Willys CJ3. That thing is just plain awesome.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WooHoo!! Brown Santa just delivered a set of brand new Omix-Ada replica wheels for Pappy. It's so cool that Onix-Ada makes so many parts of the old Willys :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444937292.676145.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444937303.309332.jpg

Speeddmn

WooHoo!! Brown Santa just delivered a set of brand new Omix-Ada replica wheels for Pappy. It's so cool that Onix-Ada makes so many parts of the old Willys :)

Not very beadlock like... Looks great and glad to see old 'iron' back on the road.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I love how there is still such great support for the old iron in the jeep community as well as the hot rod industry. This stuff makes me happy

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those wheels will look great, are they getting color matched?

We thought about it but then, we're not 100% sure we're going to keep Pappy this color or even this shade of yellow. It's kind of hard to see in pics but, the yellow isn't consistent and some parts are lighter and some parts are more on the orange side. Also, it'd be tough to match exactly with powder coating. That being said, it's really weird that these wheels came in black or any color at all. From the factory, the wheels would have been white or in some cases, red or a matched color. So, we decided to go back to a factory white. It should really pop them out nicely too. :cool:

I love how there is still such great support for the old iron in the jeep community as well as the hot rod industry. This stuff makes me happy

It really is great that Omix-Ada does this. Granted, they have one of the best Willys collections anywhere and I suppose they may be doing this for themselves more than anything. You can practically build a brand new Willys from the ground up with all the new parts that they offer. :crazyeyes:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ah okay, I was thinking they would end up being white but wasnt sure what would come stock on those back in the day.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Man thats so cool. Are you guys doing a slow and steady restoration, or do you guys just want to keep pappy running smooth and that's it? Also, is that an original color?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man thats so cool. Are you guys doing a slow and steady restoration, or do you guys just want to keep pappy running smooth and that's it? Also, is that an original color?

We'll be doing a slow restoration and most likely will NOT bring it back to showroom condition. We kind of like the rough worn out look and feel of old Jeeps but not to the point where it looks beat up. Wherever we can, we like to fix problems that the previous owners caused, patch up holes, make sure the engine is running good and bring it back to a state of arrested decay - like it's a good looking Jeep for it's age. :cool:

Oh, and this is not it's original color. Look through the layers of paint, I think it was originally a dark green but then was later painted Forest Service Green. I believe that's the color it had for most of it's life.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
We'll be doing a slow restoration and most likely will NOT bring it back to showroom condition. We kind of like the rough worn out look and feel of old Jeeps but not to the point where it looks beat up. Wherever we can, we like to fix problems that the previous owners caused, patch up holes, make sure the engine is running good and bring it back to a state of arrested decay - like it's a good looking Jeep for it's age. :cool:

Oh, and this is not it's original color. Look through the layers of paint, I think it was originally a dark green but then was later painted Forest Service Green. I believe that's the color it had for most of it's life.

Very cool....Im curious...based on the photos, how big is this thing....a smart car? A fiat 500? A renegade (actually, if you can, the next time you guys are doing work in the garage, maybe snap a pic of pappy next to renny)? I wonder if you can just buy a new stamped out replacement tub...or are they all fiberglass these days?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool....Im curious...based on the photos, how big is this thing....a smart car? A fiat 500? A renegade (actually, if you can, the next time you guys are doing work in the garage, maybe snap a pic of pappy next to renny)? I wonder if you can just buy a new stamped out replacement tub...or are they all fiberglass these days?

Had you not seen the FACE OFF thread I started a while back?

main.php

Got a few more pics here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?31240-FACE-OFF-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-vs-Willys-CJ3B

Granted, the scale between the two is significant so it might be hard to tell just how small the Willys is - IT'S TINY! Probably about the size of a SmartCar (73.5" wheelbase, the Willys is 80") but I'll try taking a pic of it next to Renny for scale :cool:

Oh, and Omix-Ada does make a full replacement tub, hood, fenders, grill and even specific panels like floor pans and things like that. You can even pay more to get them with the licensed "Willys" stamped in it too.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Had you not seen the FACE OFF thread I started a while back?

main.php

Got a few more pics here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?31240-FACE-OFF-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-vs-Willys-CJ3B

Granted, the scale between the two is significant so it might be hard to tell just how small the Willys is - IT'S TINY! Probably about the size of a SmartCar (73.5" wheelbase, the Willys is 80") but I'll try taking a pic of it next to Renny for scale :cool:

Oh, and Omix-Ada does make a full replacement tub, hood, fenders, grill and even specific panels like floor pans and things like that. You can even pay more to get them with the licensed "Willys" stamped in it too.

Like a boss! Keep livin' the dream brother. :thumb:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
No way! I assumed no one made these tires anymore. That great to know and I bet they look really good on Pappy. :yup:

Top Bottom