Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

WJCO

Meme King
Not as bad as Kroger. Not sure if y'all have those out in Cali or not, but the one local to me (where I worked years ago ironically) was testing a new system at the store. It would ANNOUNCE what you were buying. For example if you scanned ice cream, it would say "Bluebell Ice Cream, 4 dollars". Imagine buying, err, personal items with that system. Whoever thought that one up is a straight up bonehead :grayno:

Lol. We have King Soopers which I think is actually owned by Kroger. The other day, something on the intercom kept being paged like 'Kathy, Backdoor receiving.' 'Kathy, Backdoor receiving please.' Poor Kathy, lol. I was laughing and my wife just had that 'not funny' look.

longarmwj

Lol. We have King Soopers which I think is actually owned by Kroger. The other day, something on the intercom kept being paged like 'Kathy, Backdoor receiving.' 'Kathy, Backdoor receiving please.' Poor Kathy, lol. I was laughing and my wife just had that 'not funny' look.

LOL!! They were probably getting a shipment in. One of my favorites from when I worked there was when a live lobster escaped, and we had to announce to the customers to be on the lookout for said lobster. The best part is I was the only manager there that night, and we still hadn't found the runaway crustacean, so I went on the intercom. "Larry the Lobster please return to Bikini Bottom. Larry please return. Larry? Laaaaarey!!"

It was a good day :cheesy:

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I remember working at a grocery store. My first "real" job. Still my favorite job, to this day. We made lots of good memories.

Hard wired smoke alarms going off in the middle of the night for what appears to be no good reason. Hard to tell which one is the problem when they are all going off. Guess I'll be cleaning them and replacing all the batteries in the morning.

Holy shit. I might have nightmares now. Spent weeks cleaning and replacing batteries to finally replacing them all.

On another safety related piece of trash that will cause me to pull my hair out.
Garage door sensors. Really garage door, your going to close all but the last two inches then pop back up cause something tripped the sensor. FML

JKbrick

Like in porkys, micheal hunt, have anybody seen mike hunt

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Judging by the time at which this was posted you couldn't get back to sleep after..;)?

Yep the "flight or flight" response was still going strong well into the morning. Ended up just doing some work. :grain:

That low battery chirp drives me nuts plus you feel like a cat chasing a laser pointer. Was it this one? "Beep" No that was across the house. Run to that one "Beep" That came from the one I was just at. WTF...haha.

I've been dealing with this the last six months...two of them were defective...they still chirped after new batteries (all of the smoke detectors are only four years old). Yesterday, I had to replace the back up batteries for two of my garage door openers...these are $50 a piece...

I'll take the chirping before the full blown fire alarm with multiple alarms going off like last night. :eek:

I've never heard of back up batteries for a garage door opener. But I admit, I've been thinking about getting a backup generator for the whole house. :yup:

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Kathy to backdoor receiving, you have a sausage delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dmac08JK

Some of my pet peeves, because there are many:

1. People who make excuses for everything and take responsibility for nothing.

2. People who defend people or practices that they have no true knowledge of or interest in, just for the sake of having a cause or "support."

3. People who don't wear their seatbelts.

4. People who feel and act entitled.

5. The newer generation who lack the ability or desire to have or learn people skills.

6. I agree with McPuck on the lack of banner support for our forum gang. (See what I did there?)

Dmac08JK

That's big facts. The newer generation are pussy that complain and bitch about the littlest of things.

1. When your driving and someone does the waves when there in a Cherokee or a renegade.

2. Spoiled kids that have Jk's or rubies's that are pavement princess's.

3. People who make fun of Jeeps and haven't driven or been inside a Jeep's.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
That's big facts. The newer generation are pussy that complain and bitch about the littlest of things.

1. When your driving and someone does the waves when there in a Cherokee or a renegade.

2. Spoiled kids that have Jk's or rubies's that are pavement princess's.

3. People who make fun of Jeeps and haven't driven or been inside a Jeep's.

My dawg and bun thing is a serious bitch!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Sharpening a knife, my Dad has dulled. He must cut wire, and everything else with them.

That reminds me of another one of mine. When I go out to the garage and get my nice Corona clippers to trim my rose bushes and there is a big ding in the blade. Looks like one of the kids thought they'd work as cable cutters. Whats really frustrating is I actually have a small pair of cable cutters and multiple pairs of wire cutters.

Top Bottom