Pickup for towing

Dale72

Hooked
[emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
He makes his own auxiliary tanks and they are DOT approved. I can't remember what sizes he makes. The one I had was 115 gallon and when I was going back to Elkhart one time from Los Angeles I stopped in Kingman AZ and filled up and I was able to get back without getting fuel again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
He makes his own auxiliary tanks and they are DOT approved. I can't remember what sizes he makes. The one I had was 115 gallon and when I was going back to Elkhart one time from Los Angeles I stopped in Kingman AZ and filled up and I was able to get back without getting fuel again.

Definitely nice not having to squeeze a trailer into a gas station every 250 miles. Not sure which route I want to go, but I need to do something. I can get a XL main tank that carries 52 gallons or a spare tire located reserve that carries 37 gallons for a total of 68. But then I need to carry the spare in the bed. Or do a bed mounted reserve, but I’m constantly loading lumber or other 8’ materials back there, so that doesn’t work as well.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Dale72

Hooked
Definitely nice not having to squeeze a trailer into a gas station every 250 miles. Not sure which route I want to go, but I need to do something. I can get a XL main tank that carries 52 gallons or a spare tire located reserve that carries 37 gallons for a total of 68. But then I need to carry the spare in the bed. Or do a bed mounted reserve, but I’m constantly loading lumber or other 8’ materials back there, so that doesn’t work as well.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Yeah but I was filling up at the truck diesel pumps because of the fuel card I was using

wjtstudios

Hooked
I've heard the 3500's ride like dump trucks when empty...

It doesn’t ride like a Cadillac, but it’s not a dump truck ride either. I wanted to be able two haul two Jeeps back and forth across the county or one Jeep in a 40’ race trailer. Basically a 18-20k load. It hauled the huge grade outside of Denver going up into the mountains on I 70 on cruise at 65 mph and the temp barely went up.

IMG_4092.jpg

If you’re only looking at hauling one, get a 2500. They ride much better. Base your selection of what the end tow goal is and then make sure you have a cushion about that.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jjlong

Man! I was thinking about getting a new Diesel soon, but after reading this thread, I think I'm gonna hold on to my 2005 F-250 with the 6.0 Powerstroke. It has 170k miles and I had it Bulletproofed about 50k miles ago...which cost me a ton of money! It's a bit beat up and doesn't have all bells and whistles of a new truck but it runs like a champ! Just the cost of an oil change and fuel filters on a new one has got me freaked out!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Man! I was thinking about getting a new Diesel soon, but after reading this thread, I think I'm gonna hold on to my 2005 F-250 with the 6.0 Powerstroke. It has 170k miles and I had it Bulletproofed about 50k miles ago...which cost me a ton of money! It's a bit beat up and doesn't have all bells and whistles of a new truck but it runs like a champ! Just the cost of an oil change and fuel filters on a new one has got me freaked out!

Wait till you start pricing the new Diesels. It’s mind boggling what they want for them now.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

benatc1

Hooked
Priced Out a dodge 3500 the other night 86k. Ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
My co worker just bought a Laramie mega cab HO with everything but 360 cameras and auto steps for 74k here in Reno, he got them to price match off of a similar one at Dave smith. There are definitely deals out there but depends on how far you want to go. I paid 83 for my 3500 HO limited in fall of 2019. Msrp is was 89 so while yes it's still wildly expensive you hopefully can find some better deal than that.

Mine was business purchase too so didn't care much on price

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

p38

Caught the Bug
2020 F350 Limited

Traded my 2017 F250 for a 2020 F350. I decided on the Limited because, I found myself becoming increasingly frustrated at dealership sales staff's lack of knowledge regarding option packages, their repeated attempts to sell me a vehicle on their lot rather than listen to what i want, and being told - "You can just go online and research it." So, reluctantly, I did go online and discovered all the option packages I wanted - are not options - they are standard equipment. A search of available inventory yielded one at a dealership about an hour and a half away. Not my first color choice, but it's OK.
The guys who work on my jeep swapped the bumpers, wheels, tires, front grill, fuel tank (60 gal in place of the stock tank), and added a leveling kit, air-ride, winch, and lights.
It's more comfortable than the 2017, and seems to have more room in the rear seat area. It's set up for 5th wheel, but I have a 20' Featherlite bumber-pull flatbed.

Here's a few pictures - the weird light pattern is the sun/shadows through my gate, sorry.
IMG_2954.jpg IMG_2953.jpg IMG_2952.jpg IMG_2951.jpg

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
It doesn’t ride like a Cadillac, but it’s not a dump truck ride either. I wanted to be able two haul two Jeeps back and forth across the county or one Jeep in a 40’ race trailer. Basically a 18-20k load. It hauled the huge grade outside of Denver going up into the mountains on I 70 on cruise at 65 mph and the temp barely went up.

View attachment 358203

If you’re only looking at hauling one, get a 2500. They ride much better. Base your selection of what the end tow goal is and then make sure you have a cushion about that.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

You should do that grade with my 3.8 loaded with luggage, tools etc. 🤨

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

Top Bottom