Pics of your EVO tire carriers please!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Cool guys, thanks for the pics. Can someone give the exact height measurement of the brackets that hold the Johnny joints and that bolt to the skins? I installed some led backup lights and i need to know if they will interfere.
View attachment 61451
You can see them just above the tail light. I think they'll clear but i want to make sure.

I would wait until you get it installed. No two carriers are going to measure exactly the same

JKJody

Well i needed the measurement so i know the whole tire carrier would even fit at all or if it would be huge waste of time and money.

JKFlyer

Here is mine under construction from today!!!! Just during test fit stage

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1387931073472.jpg
    1387931073472.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 805

JKFlyer

They look pretty good in raw. Maybe some matte clear powdercoat?

I was kinda thinking that too but it would stand out like a sore thumb with my black/blue theme throughout

Krieger

One thing that some don't tell you is that the carrier will rattle a little bit when installed, so what Eddie told me about was if you back out one Johnny joint on the drivers side a full turn and make the carrier miss-aline. That way it's a snug fit also get the extended bump stops from Daystar they really tightened everything up on mine.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387953276.419907.jpg

JKFlyer

JKJODY - from looking at pics it seems like you just might be okay with your reverse LED...but it will be close. i dont have jeep with me (its in shop) so i can't measure it. You probably just wont know until you have it there in person. what i did was order the ORO LiteDots which replace the LEDs that come with the EVO carrier and they have white reverse wired in. but they stick out and are not flush...maybe 3/4 inch, but that is a good thing b/c turn signals have leds on sides of units (like OEM taillights)
ORO-lite-dot-Jeep-Led-Lights_detail.jpg

JKJody

JKJODY - from looking at pics it seems like you just might be okay with your reverse LED...but it will be close. i dont have jeep with me (its in shop) so i can't measure it. You probably just wont know until you have it there in person. what i did was order the ORO LiteDots which replace the LEDs that come with the EVO carrier and they have white reverse wired in. but they stick out and are not flush...maybe 3/4 inch, but that is a good thing b/c turn signals have leds on sides of units (like OEM taillights)
View attachment 61550

Thanks. Im sure they will. If not just another modification.

JKFlyer

Here are my final pics Jody!!

Attachments

• 1388498758491.jpg
    1388498758491.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 660
  • 1388498772379.jpg
    1388498772379.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 658
  • 1388498800061.jpg
    1388498800061.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 656

NY1982JK

Here is mine under construction from today!!!! Just during test fit stage

Man that looks sick! I was just looking at this on Globex's FB page the other day! Congrats on the new addition :D

JKJody

I also ordered some of these: ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388523234.911674.jpg
They were only $9 a piece from ebay. Not bad considering these are usually $50 a piece.

arashi

I have to get one of those, this summer!!! Can we get it deliver to Montreal in Canada? lol How much would delivery cost?

Atch

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388531752.560182.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388531765.042518.jpg

I bought a couple of hitch pins from harbor freight for $3.99 a piece. They're much easier to use than the pin EVO includes.

JKJody

I have to get one of those, this summer!!! Can we get it deliver to Montreal in Canada? lol How much would delivery cost?

I ordered mine through northridge and got free shipping plus 10% off. So it was $1070 shipped to my front porch.

JKFlyer

I ordered mine through northridge and got free shipping plus 10% off. So it was $1070 shipped to my front porch.

Agreed...just remember u may need skins (Jody already had) and u need street legal lights as evo ones don't have backup. I got oro lite dots (c earlier posts). I came out to 1640 for everything with north ridge

Jody - should I get front evo 1/4 pounder w stinger to match??? I don't know what to do. I have SRC stinger on already. What do u have?

Let me know if u need ant advice on writing THROUGH the bumper. I spent 8 hours Sunday doing it. Came out great

JKJody

Agreed...just remember u may need skins (Jody already had) and u need street legal lights as evo ones don't have backup. I got oro lite dots (c earlier posts). I came out to 1640 for everything with north ridge

Jody - should I get front evo 1/4 pounder w stinger to match??? I don't know what to do. I have SRC stinger on already. What do u have?

Let me know if u need ant advice on writing THROUGH the bumper. I spent 8 hours Sunday doing it. Came out great

I like the evo quarter pounder but i opted to go with poison spyder bfh. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388538043.796420.jpg
But this involves cutting the frame, which is hard to stomach in a new jeep.

Top Bottom