Pics of your EVO tire carriers please!

JKFlyer

I also ordered some of these: View attachment 62153
They were only $9 a piece from ebay. Not bad considering these are usually $50 a piece.

I honestly think these are gonna be tough to use. You need something to grab on to to pull pins up. There is some slight friction

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKJody

I honestly think these are gonna be tough to use. You need something to grab on to to pull pins up. There is some slight friction

My friend has the same ones. I was playing with them. Not to bad. The low profile is what i like about them.

arashi

Agreed...just remember u may need skins (Jody already had) and u need street legal lights as evo ones don't have backup. I oro lite dots (c earlier posts). I came out to 1640 for everything with north ridge

Ok, yeah I notice the legal diff. Thx for the sugestion.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKFlyer

Does anyone w evo carrier get rust on their joints? Right where I put pin through on driver side joints there is lots of rust. Only 3 weeks old but outside in rain alot. Normal?

Attachments

• 1389559652446.jpg
    1389559652446.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 567

rubicrawl

Does anyone w evo carrier get rust on their joints? Right where I put pin through on driver side joints there is lots of rust. Only 3 weeks old but outside in rain alot. Normal?

Oh wow I'm getting mine installed this week I would say spray some galvinize for rust

Sc741

Does anyone w evo carrier get rust on their joints? Right where I put pin through on driver side joints there is lots of rust. Only 3 weeks old but outside in rain alot. Normal? Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Put some grease in the joint.

I greased mine right away because of the noise so not sure if that helped at all. I have rust but not like that :thinking:

JKFlyer

So I talked to engineer at Evo, ORE, and Currie who makes Jonny joints. All said they never really see it. But Currie said they almost always go on sideways....rare they are vertical so the water sitting in there issurely the issue. Anyway, should be no structural issues with joint....I greased joints more...but don't do too much or it messes up alignment, I took a wire brush to clean off Rust and they said to spray some wd40. I'll keep a close eye on it

Last edited:

Atch

So I talked to engineer at Evo, ORE, and Currie who makes Jonny joints. All said they never really see it. But Currie said they almost always go on sideways....rare they are vertical so the water sitting in there issurely the issue. Anyway, should be no structural issues with joint....I greased joints more...but don't do too much or it messes up alignment, I took a wire brush to clean off Rust and they said to spray some wd40. I'll keep a close eye on it

I might get some fluid film to spray on them. We use it at John Deere on our products we ship overseas to prevent rust.

JKFlyer

Forgive the question but what us fluid film and where do U get it?

Thanks Atch

Top Bottom