PISSED OFF FISH PEOPLE : Backlash from Super Bowl Jeep Splash Ad

TRLJNKY

I completely agree. And. The issue is ultimately about the society’s need to control everything that could potentially cause someone to cause harm, somewhere, sometime.

Jeep was setting apart their brand in a very compelling way. They put the appropriate wording in at the end. You can’t say everything, and a Super Bowl ad is EXPENSIVE. At some point, there should be a moment when people just chill and say, “great commercial.”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Society is so self absorbed that they think their rights trump (no pun intended) everyone elses. He wants the right to fish in preserved areas without interference from others but to hell with anyone else who doesnt see it their way. Ppl like this dont care if offroaders are responsible or not. They just want them all gone because they say so. How many fishing lures have I see stuck in the rocks or bushes over time that cause a potential hazard to humans or wildlife? Lets not talk about that. Hell I have to have my kids where shoes in some waterways as a result of irresponsible fisherman.

aka cavfighter

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Fisherman kill more fish and leave more trash than all trail crossings ever will.

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

I cannot agree more. They leave old fishing lines all over a long with hooks. The leave trash like styrofoam worm containers and etc.... these things cause damage to surrounding wildlife that get caught up in the fishing line, six pack can plastic holders. Self righteous a$$hole.

RockingK

X2 I am TU supporter as well and am a second generation stream fly fisherman. My father and I showed a hell of a lot more respect to the envirement than the litter bugs, weekend warriors that are rarely seen in a Jeep... this is not how this angler feels at all!

I'm an avid trout fisherman, and support TU to some degree...but that is idiotic. Generally speaking, we only cross streams at established trail crossings...we don't randomly drive all over gods green earth to drive thru any water we see.

That super bowl ad was one of the best ads during the game (next to the Doritos one with the game of thrones dude) and possibly the best Jeep ad of all time.

Still on my bucket list...catch a trout from my rig while it is in the middle of a stream....I'll video it and send it to TU...should cause a cardiac arrest

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was stupid Jeep opened up this can or warms.

I take it you didn't like the "Recalculate" commercial either. You know, the one that has an electronic voice saying "be a vegan" and then says, "recalculate" as the guy bites into a juicy steak :cheesy:

Of course, Jeep ultimately relented and redid the commercial to say, "start a diet" :naw:

TRLJNKY

I take it you didn't like the "Recalculate" commercial either. You know, the one that has an electronic voice saying "be a vegan" and then says, "recalculate" as the guy bites into a juicy steak :cheesy:

Of course, Jeep ultimately relented and redid the commercial to say, "start a diet" :naw:
Haha my wifes a vegan and I made sure to play it for her when it came out. I just got the eye roll

aka cavfighter

Randy Tadevich

That was an awesome commercial. Why wouldn't people be more concerned about car commercials that show muscle and speed thought the streets of big cities? "Legally" cars shouldnt do that. But its just a damn commecial. People just need to stop bitching and complaining about everything and worry about their damn selves and not everyone elses.

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Graywolf

I loved the commercial, even though it was a poser. We as a Jeeping community know that we don't just go out looking for any and all streams and rivers to drive in. The few that we do are on trails that are controlled by the forest service and private owners. I guess my point is , we will never make the inviromentalless like us, or think our sport is anything but a way to damage the earth and all mankind for generations to come So in saying that, I have only one thing to say to them. "Get over it snowflake" and bring on the badass commercials. :D

Brute

Hooked

Haha my wifes a vegan and I made sure to play it for her when it came out. I just got the eye roll

aka cavfighter

I eat vegans...they are called steers

jeeeep

Hooked
what an arrogant douche.

IMO, TU went from doing actual good to becoming another self-righteous money grabbing organization years ago.

I eat vegans...they are called steers

I also eat vegans... is it morbid if I add what they eat as a topping? double vegan??

WJCO

Meme King
What really gets me is how so many of these 'environmental' people could really care less about the environment itself as long as they look good to others and say the politically correct thing.

I'll be out enjoying God's creation in my Jeep, while these tree-huggers can load themselves and others with false guilt every time they see a plastic cup.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
I bet Chris Wood would have hated seeing this pic a few months back from a fellow Wayalifer [emoji23]
IMG_4255.JPG

(I liked the pic thats why I kept it)

Battle Born JK

Just imagine driving up the stream in a jeep and fishing from your jeep and catching a trout that would really piss him off lol

Top Bottom