PISSED OFF FISH PEOPLE : Backlash from Super Bowl Jeep Splash Ad

bigcale

Caught the Bug
I'm an avid trout fisherman, and support TU to some degree...but that is idiotic. Generally speaking, we only cross streams at established trail crossings...we don't randomly drive all over gods green earth to drive thru any water we see.

That super bowl ad was one of the best ads during the game (next to the Doritos one with the game of thrones dude) and possibly the best Jeep ad of all time.

Still on my bucket list...catch a trout from my rig while it is in the middle of a stream....I'll video it and send it to TU...should cause a cardiac arrest

Agreed, as a fellow fisherman his response disappointing.

Oh, and now I have to add that to my bucket list as well.

KJs JK

Next ad there should be a Jeep rolling through the heavy metal tainted, copper colored, Animus River that was poisoned when the supposedly environmentalist EPA uncorked a mine shaft despite warnings by local officials.

If that's how supposedly 'environmentally conscious' government agencies tend to the land, then driving a Jeep through a river should be NBD. The river in fact looks much cleaner, so in effect we can assume Jeep owners/advertisers are better stewards of the land than the EPA.

jkjourneys

Well when I get eventually get my JL the first thing I am going to do is build a waterfall and a stream to drive through. Wouldn't want to displace a poor helpless fish before someone gets a to put a hook through its mouth and mount it on a wall.

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Sounds to me like Chris Wood of TU, who by the way gets paid over $350,000/year to run that "charitable organization," got some sand from his waders stuck in his vagina. What kind of person gets offended watching a TV commercial? Oh and I love his inflated sense of self-righteousness that assumes many of the people watching the ad would not see the disclaimer (of course he did, because he's really smart), but the rest of us will use the commercial as a template to go out and "ream the stream."

Good thing there are people like Chris around to protect us from ourselves.

At what point do we stop bubble wrapping life?

I didn't see the disclaimer. I guess I'm an uneducated neanderthal bu tit didn't make me want to go drive up and down streams and rivers..haha.

Sahara_Maverick

What really gets me is how so many of these 'environmental' people could really care less about the environment itself as long as they look good to others and say the politically correct thing.

I'll be out enjoying God's creation in my Jeep, while these tree-huggers can load themselves and others with false guilt every time they see a plastic cup.

Pretty much this.

It's troublesome and also irritating how a significant part of the population nowadays feels "offended", "unsafe" and whatever else just to self-promote and appear to be "politically correct" because they know that there's a good part listening to the crap they spill.

If it's not guns, it's drones, or what someone says, or what someone wears, or anything. It's like there's some kind of imbecilization of part of the population that wants everyone else thinking and acting like them.

Makes one fear for mankind's future (fuck the "humankind" PC crap).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kenthejeepguy

Couple years ago Toyota had a mag ad showing a pickup parked right next to a creek, in deep grass, with a fisherman. I’d get a ticket if I got caught doing that. 99% of Jeepers are careful so it keeps trails open, and cuz we care too

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

You know, there are still roads that cross streams, even East of the Mississippi. People spend too much time complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Shit, im betting the south does it all the time. Head North of the old Mason dixon line or encroach to close to Commifornia ( borders are stretching north) is when the problems really arise. Respecting nature is a good thing. Singling ppl out is a bad thing. All walks of life are just as guilty of environmental hazards. Except the tree huggers. They are special and dont do anything wrong.
Education and discipline is key for everyone
aka cavfighter

Basscat

I live in Colorado and fish gold medal trout waters. I thought the Jeep add was one of the all time best. Stupid people do stupid stuff no matter what their hobbies are. It’s not people who fish vs people who drive Jeeps. It’s stupid ass people vs the rest of us.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom