Please, lie to me- Tell me I'll be happy with 33s

I was just like you. I was running about that many miles in North Carolina with 373 gears and 255 which are stock. Now I'm running 295 which I believe are between a 33 and a 35. Very happy with my choice cuz I got to drive this thing. I have 4 door springs with a 2 inch pots in the front and one in the rear. I like the look of it but now I like it with the 295. If you were to get a Superchips or a procal that would definitely help a little bit until you re-gear.that is if you want too. I don't plan on regain myself I'm just staying the way I am. I also have Stark newer style Ruby Wheels that are on these as well.
Yeah, just received my Superchips today. Kind of crazy that I have to pay another 200 bucks for the main feature needed... but, it is what it is. Jeep=Mo $$$

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I would pass on those wheels because they are 16” not 17”.

As far as 33s with a 2.5” lift, it looks to me like the guy selling the wheels has that set up. His pic looks pretty cool. I have a buddy with 33s and a 2.5 “ and it looks the same.
Yeah, I don't want 17s though.. I actually like the 16s

I agree with what others said already. I was fortunate enough to have saved and purchased what I wanted to mod all at once. It was a lot to see go into the Jeep but I was not going to piece meal my build and end up spending twice the money in the long run. My priorities were, lift and tires, armor, rear bumper with tire carrier. While new bumpers and a winch look cool they really don't get you the initial performance the lift, wheels, etc do. I did go with 35's intending on keeping it that way but as they are wearing out I'm going to go with 37's. That comes with a bunch of other recommendations. Regear, gussets, chro-mo front shafts and new ball joints until I push the stock axle too hard then it'll be a PR44. Hydro assist. 1350 front shaft (should have done this instead of 1310). All will be add-ons for them most part. As several have said go with 17" wheels on 35's. You'll be glad you did. The 3:73's will be a bit sluggish but livable with adjusting your shift points. Do it right and the way you want the first time. It will save you in the end.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah... I agree with not piecing together a lift, but let's be real - if I waited until I had enough to do everything on my "build list" at once, it would never happen. Piecing together suspension is one thing, adding bigger tires after doing the suspension right is another

jesse3638

Hooked
Yeah, I don't want 17s though.. I actually like the 16s

Well before you commit to 16's I'd check what tires are available in that size and pricing. Back when my Titan was new it came with 18" wheels. Really wanted BFG A/T's. They didn't make them in an 18" then. They do now but were significantly more than 17".

jesse3638

Hooked
Yeah... I agree with not piecing together a lift, but let's be real - if I waited until I had enough to do everything on my "build list" at once, it would never happen. Piecing together suspension is one thing, adding bigger tires after doing the suspension right is another

I'm not saying do your whole build at once. I'm saying don't settle and build "for now" as several have mentioned. Waiting sucks, but it'll save you in the end.

Well before you commit to 16's I'd check what tires are available in that size and pricing. Back when my Titan was new it came with 18" wheels. Really wanted BFG A/T's. They didn't make them in an 18" then. They do now but were significantly more than 17".

True... that's one reason I was actually shopping for 33s and 15s. Cheaper and I think looks better, at least on the 4 door. I know tire selection is limited for 16s but I know some of the tires I'm looking at in both 33s and 35s come in 16s Screenshot_20180420-184944.jpg

I'm not saying do your whole build at once. I'm saying don't settle and build "for now" as several have mentioned. Waiting sucks, but it'll save you in the end.

I hear you... the only thing I'm really settling for is the tires, which will wear out and have to be replaced anyway. And, by lot of ppl's logic, I won't be happy with 35s when I get them either... so surely I can live with 33s for a short period. Lol

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I hear you... the only thing I'm really settling for is the tires, which will wear out and have to be replaced anyway. And, by lot of ppl's logic, I won't be happy with 35s when I get them either... so surely I can live with 33s for a short period. Lol

You'll be very happy with 33's.........for a week or two lol

JK seriously if you're not happy with the 33s you can certainly sell em and upgrade. Around here 33s don't.last long in CL people are always scooping them up

enfielded0405

So I have a ‘10 3.8L auto and 3.73. Because my trans gearing is super high and it’s a DD I went with 33’s. I like the looks and performance was slow on the 31’s and yup still slow on 33’s it’s a jeep. If you are the type to get tire envy at every light looking at 35’s and 37’s definitely wait. For me I keep
up with my friends on 35’s off-road and just wheel it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You'll be very happy with 33's.........for a week or two lol

JK seriously if you're not happy with the 33s you can certainly sell em and upgrade. Around here 33s don't.last long in CL people are always scooping them up
No joke, that's why I figured I couldn't be the only ones running them until I'm ready to run the 35s... Lol And, that's why I am thinking I should scoop up the ones I managed to find

So I have a ‘10 3.8L auto and 3.73. Because my trans gearing is super high and it’s a DD I went with 33’s. I like the looks and performance was slow on the 31’s and yup still slow on 33’s it’s a jeep. If you are the type to get tire envy at every light looking at 35’s and 37’s definitely wait. For me I keep
up with my friends on 35’s off-road and just wheel it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Cool, thanks. Obviously, there are plenty of ppl running on 35s that get tire envy every time they see 37s or 40s, too... but I don't see many ppl putting off all their mods until they can afford to jump straight up those lol

If you are just planning on running 33s for a short period of time, save yourself some money and buy some rubicon take offs. Depending on your area you can find them cheap. Sold mine for 500 canadian which is like 5 bucks us.[emoji6]. Plus hang around this joint too long and you will be wanting 37s or 40s[emoji16].

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
That's what I'm afraid of [emoji23]

If you are just planning on running 33s for a short period of time, save yourself some money and buy some rubicon take offs. Depending on your area you can find them cheap. Sold mine for 500 canadian which is like 5 bucks us.[emoji6]. Plus hang around this joint too long and you will be wanting 37s or 40s[emoji16].

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Is any tire ever really "big enough"? Lol Screenshot_20180411-035423.jpg

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
As someone running 35's an stock gears I will just say don't bother with the 33's if 35 is what ya want ..I go all over an sure there are spots I can't go but I'm content to hold till I'm on a bigger lift than 2" 20180314_122446.jpg I can still do quite a bit an I'm happy which is all that matters to me

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom