Poison spider brawler light front bumper.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
View attachment 282733 The Rough Country bumper I had on for a year finally came off today. Had it not been free I would likely have made a different choice.
View attachment 282734 And this is why. One hard pull to get her unstuck from some mud a few weeks ago broke the welds on the D-ring mounts. Shitty welding if you ask me.
View attachment 282735 I ended up going the PSC rout with a Warn VR10S winch. Just setting on there to check for clearance and fit.
View attachment 282736 Much better. The brawler lite looks better in my opinion, it moves the fog lights back to center where they belong and offer some better clearance. The VR10S while not their top of the line winch, still offers a bit of insurance. Pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Looks very good. Nice clean combo. It's pretty terrifying seeing that D-Ring bracket broke loose.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Rough Country bumper I had on for a year finally came off today. Had it not been free I would likely have made a different choice.
And this is why. One hard pull to get her unstuck from some mud a few weeks ago broke the welds on the D-ring mounts. Shitty welding if you ask me.

WTF??? You're lucking it didn't break free and hurt someone or worse!! Glad you were able to replace your bumper with something better.

WTF??? You're lucking it didn't break free and hurt someone or worse!! Glad you were able to replace your bumper with something better.

No doubt. Something to be said for paying for quality. Free isn't always a good deal and a lesson I didn't have to learn the hard way.

TrailHunter

Hooked
This bumper is REALLY growing on me.... I have always wanted recessed but this just looks dam clean. And the easy access to the winch is starting to appeal to me as well.... For the guys running this, do you find the Brawler Light sticks out from the jeep less than a recessed EVO or LOD?

F

Fionayeti

Go Poison Spyder. They're great people and their products are proven. I have the brawler with the tube support, not the gusset support. While not depicted in the photo, it now has a winch onboard. Couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 143

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
This bumper is REALLY growing on me.... I have always wanted recessed but this just looks dam clean. And the easy access to the winch is starting to appeal to me as well.... For the guys running this, do you find the Brawler Light sticks out from the jeep less than a recessed EVO or LOD?

Unless you run something that requires you to chop your frame horns (which I wouldn't recommend), they all stick out about the same.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Unless you run something that requires you to chop your frame horns (which I wouldn't recommend), they all stick out about the same.

Yeah, definitely don’t want to chop... I really like the 1/4 Pounder but the stinger is just too big (It will be too tight in my garage). I wish they had a smaller bar like the brawler lite. Thanks for the input. [emoji1360]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, definitely don’t want to chop... I really like the 1/4 Pounder but the stinger is just too big (It will be too tight in my garage). I wish they had a smaller bar like the brawler lite. Thanks for the input. [emoji1360]

You know, back in the day, I used to run a Quarter Pounder with a PUREJEEP hoop just because of this.
main.php

main.php

JAGS

Hooked
You know, back in the day, I used to run a Quarter Pounder with a PUREJEEP hoop just because of this.
main.php

main.php

Ah, the good ole days when Rubicat was a tangible build aspiration. Lol.

She still looks bad ass in those pics. [emoji106]

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
View attachment 282733 The Rough Country bumper I had on for a year finally came off today. Had it not been free I would likely have made a different choice.
View attachment 282734 And this is why. One hard pull to get her unstuck from some mud a few weeks ago broke the welds on the D-ring mounts. Shitty welding if you ask me.
View attachment 282735 I ended up going the PSC rout with a Warn VR10S winch. Just setting on there to check for clearance and fit.
View attachment 282736 Much better. The brawler lite looks better in my opinion, it moves the fog lights back to center where they belong and offer some better clearance. The VR10S while not their top of the line winch, still offers a bit of insurance. Pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Wow that could have been really serious if the d ring mount broke completely off [emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, the good ole days when Rubicat was a tangible build aspiration. Lol.

She still looks bad ass in those pics. [emoji106]

:cheesy: She's still tangible... just takes a bit longer to get to is all :crazyeyes:

Here's another shot with the PJ front hoop. I have to say, I kind of miss this look.
main.php

Top Bottom