POLL : MORE POWER for MOBY - Supercharger or Hot Cam & Headers?

LT4 Supercharger or Hot Cam & Headers?

• LT4 Supercharger

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • Hot Cam & Headers

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • I honestly don't have a clue what either are

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Hey guys, really appreciate you all chiming in and voting. More cubic inches would be great but I don't think we could fit much more under the hood or comfortably anyway and we just put the L86 in so modifying it would be a lot easier and cheaper. I should also clarify that in order to make it into a LT4, we would need to install a new mild cam, lifters and the like to make it all work. Doing a straight up hot cam and headers would be the easier and cheaper and that's why it's on the table. To do both, well, I suppose that would be the best option but we're trying to be reasonable about things and just do one or the other and then maybe consider more later down the road :)
Lol. He said reasonable…. Regarding Moby😂🤣😂 honestly I think you’ll be fine with either option though. Plus only choosing one now doesn’t mean the other is off the table for later like you said. Not like you’re choosing between a supercharger and a turbo.

JT@623

Hooked
If we do the supercharger, Kalan is saying that we'd need to change out the lifters and will still need to do a cam, even if it's a mild one. And, we'd most likely still do headers. It's a slippery slope 🤪
I plan on doing the same upgrade in the next year or so I’ll be watching how this turns out if you go that route. It’s not a slippery slope it’s a straight dive off the cliff 🤣

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes, when on a slippery slope, it's just best to jump.
:ROFLMAO:
That motor looks sweet. That'd be badass if you did it.
Seriously thinking about it especially being that we'd still be doing other modifications as well.
I plan on doing the same upgrade in the next year or so I’ll be watching how this turns out if you go that route. It’s not a slippery slope it’s a straight dive off the cliff 🤣
LOL - too funny. The only thing I wasn't sure of is that Kalan was saying that we may need to swap out the 10 speed transmission for an 8 being that it's stronger. If that's the case, this is becoming more involved - but, it still sounds like fun! :)

JT@623

Hooked

Seriously thinking about it especially being that we'd still be doing other modifications as well.

LOL - too funny. The only thing I wasn't sure of is that Kalan was saying that we may need to swap out the 10 speed transmission for an 8 being that it's stronger. If that's the case, this is becoming more involved - but, it still sounds like fun! :)
I was wondering about the 8 vs 10 when you get up over the 600 horse range . Wondering if it might be easier to sell the LT and 10 speed and just go with the LT4 8 speed hence the cliff 🤣

SLO

Purely for drivability, I’d go supercharger. I have never liked how aggressive cams drive. Totally personal preference, tho

jesse3638

Hooked

It's all free right because you're sponsored 🤪...haha.

Which ever you choose to do I can't wait to see it.

Wasn't the 10 speed the big deciding factor in going with the LT1?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Swung by Motech and found that this guy had shown up for Moby...

20210916161411-f2b0db41-me.jpg

20210916161408-73531f27-me.jpg

20210916161413-a5079683-me.jpg

:cool:

Top Bottom