PRESS RELEASE : Meet The New Jeep JK BIG BORE XDII-R

aTX427

The steering box has internal stops - it can only push so far.
It's not as big of an issue as a ram that is too long.

thanks JKD - After checking the specs, there is no way the 8" stroke ram will fit with the XD60 without hitting with the diff cover.

Last edited:
J

JKDream

thanks JKD - After checking the specs, there is no way the 8" stroke ram will fit with the XD60 without hitting with the diff cover.
That's pretty big. Have you measured the your steering stroke? I'm not sure how different it is with 60s but I only had 6 inches.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

aTX427

Yeah, I am going to call Dynatrac in the morning. They said the JK spec XD60 was optimized for a 6.75" cylinder, but I measured for 7.5" tie rod stroke - lock to lock with the cylinder disconnected and the steering stops removed. By rough measurements, I am only getting 30* of steering and my axle is capable of 50*.

mastrcruse

Yeah, I am going to call Dynatrac in the morning. They said the JK spec XD60 was optimized for a 6.75" cylinder, but I measured for 7.5" tie rod stroke - lock to lock with the cylinder disconnected and the steering stops removed. By rough measurements, I am only getting 30* of steering and my axle is capable of 50*.

Let us know what Dynatrac says. I am about to order the rest of my PSC stuff and they recommend the 1.75x8 cylinder. I'd guess it would impact the need if running the 1550 or 1480 knuckles also.

aTX427

What track bar is everyone using with the XD2? I tried installing a Currie to center my axle, but it hits the pitman arm bolt at full stuff with my Evo DD Pro kit, so I am back to the OE track bar.

mastrcruse

What track bar is everyone using with the XD2? I tried installing a Currie to center my axle, but it hits the pitman arm bolt at full stuff with my Evo DD Pro kit, so I am back to the OE track bar.

I’m using the OEM track bar in the XD60. Alignment proved that axle was center so I don’t see a reason to change.

WJCO

Meme King
My axle is pushed driver by 5/8". I may just cut the OE bar and sleeve it.

That's really nothing to worry about. As the axle articulates, it is never centered. While it's not a huge deal to cut and sleeve it, for a mere 5/8", I wouldn't worry about it.

RedRocker

Thanks for the info. but My understanding is that the Hemi has quite a different footprint in the frame compared to the LS. Either way it is solid info for this thread :thumb: ... Welcome to WAL BTW...

I went ahead and sent Motech the question on their web page yesterday afternoon, I generally wont bother a vendor unless I am planning on doing business with them right away, but in this case it seemed my concern is rather specific... I do plan on doing my LS swap with the Motech kit when the time comes, but anyway, the auto response said someone would get back to me within 1-2 days. So hopefully they have some info on fitment first hand. I'ed hate to bite off on the $1350 XDII-R box now, only to have to replace it with another $1200 box in a pinch mid swap down the road. :doh:

If anyone has any info regarding the XDII-R box fitment w/ an LS, it would be appreciated for others as well I would think. Otherwise, I will continue to wait for Motech's feedback. Either way I'll post what I learn in here for others. :rock:
Robbie told me it will not fit my Motech LS3 conversion.
I don't know how this particular box is supposed to feel as there is basically no info on it yet, but I know some of their hydro setups say they retain a stock steering feel. Whatever that means in real life, I don't know. I am also wanting to know the same on this XDII-R box and if it get's way too light of a feeling.

A toque wrench that goes to at least 225. Otherwise it’s all standard tools. Plan on upgrading your drag link too. It will bend a OEM unit. You can rent a “pickle fork” pry bar at the auto parts store to pry the knuckle side loose. That’s all I can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sent from my Pixel 2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom