Pro rock

If you want a variety of options order thru dynatrac. Northridge wouldn't do chromoly shafts which I wanted over RCV's because that's the only way they build them

You are 100% correct at the time we didn't offer a chromoly U-joint style shaft. We didn't have a good source for them at the time. We had 10 factory build us some shafts approx. 45 days ago and have already sold out of those and more are on the way.

It's true that you can buy directly from Dynatrac or from any of our fine dealers, and Northridge4x4 is one of our premier dealers. Some people like to deal directly with the manufacturer -- we build them here with the same great talent that builds all our ProRock axles, and we offer great customer service. Many customers prefer working with a great dealer like Northridge and can benefit from their fine installation work. Many dealers also offer deals on packages that they will support and service directly. Either way, you'll get the best axle housing in the business if you go with the Dynatrac ProRock 44.

Lance628, to answer your original question, you can swap over your spindles, unit bearing and brakes from your stock Dana 30 onto our ProRock44. You will need axle shafts though, since the D30 shafts are incorrect. The decision between RCV’s or Cromoly U-joint style shafts is a matter of preference, and budget. RCV’s are very popular, strong, smooth, but do cost more.

U-joint cromoly shafts for JK’s are available from many, many sources across the internet. Most are imported from India or China, and are of questionable quality. We can tell you that the 4340 U-joint shafts Dynatrac offers are made in the USA, and will cost more than the imports that are out there everywhere. We are sure that Northridge is also willing to sell you Dynatrac shafts if you request them.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
It's true that you can buy directly from Dynatrac or from any of our fine dealers, and Northridge4x4 is one of our premier dealers. Some people like to deal directly with the manufacturer -- we build them here with the same great talent that builds all our ProRock axles, and we offer great customer service. Many customers prefer working with a great dealer like Northridge and can benefit from their fine installation work. Many dealers also offer deals on packages that they will support and service directly. Either way, you'll get the best axle housing in the business if you go with the Dynatrac ProRock 44.

Lance628, to answer your original question, you can swap over your spindles, unit bearing and brakes from your stock Dana 30 onto our ProRock44. You will need axle shafts though, since the D30 shafts are incorrect. The decision between RCV’s or Cromoly U-joint style shafts is a matter of preference, and budget. RCV’s are very popular, strong, smooth, but do cost more.

U-joint cromoly shafts for JK’s are available from many, many sources across the internet. Most are imported from India or China, and are of questionable quality. We can tell you that the 4340 U-joint shafts Dynatrac offers are made in the USA, and will cost more than the imports that are out there everywhere. We are sure that Northridge is also willing to sell you Dynatrac shafts if you request them.

Okay, this is amazing that you guys are on this forum and giving this kind of information. Thank you!

I have a couple of questions. I plan to get a ProRock 44 and I understand that they come in 2 versions, one for the stock Rubicon lockers and one for the ARB air lockers. Is that correct?

If that is the case, what are some options if I want to stick with my stock lockers and then eventually upgrade to an ARB? Is it worth it to wait then for the ARB lockers and air system or is there some form of swap option?

Thank you again for helping us out so much!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Are the ball joints still useable I have the synergy ones and there only a year old

Yes. I suggest that you give dynatrac a call. All of them there are very helpful and will build the axle you want and what will work perfect for your needs

Okay, this is amazing that you guys are on this forum and giving this kind of information. Thank you!

I have a couple of questions. I plan to get a ProRock 44 and I understand that they come in 2 versions, one for the stock Rubicon lockers and one for the ARB air lockers. Is that correct?

If that is the case, what are some options if I want to stick with my stock lockers and then eventually upgrade to an ARB? Is it worth it to wait then for the ARB lockers and air system or is there some form of swap option?

Thank you again for helping us out so much!!

Our ProRock 44 housing is different depending on whether you use the factory Rubicon locker or an aftermarket locker. If you think you will want to switch lockers at a later date, you can either sell the ProRock 44 to one of your friends or just wait until you can do the air locker and the housing at the same time, which would be the most economical choice in the long run.

Are the ball joints still useable I have the synergy ones and there only a year old

It's pretty hard to get the balljoints out of a housing without damaging them, especially if they are knurled. Our all-new ProRock 44 come with new factory balljoints installed already, or you can upgrade to our rebuildable, made-in-the-USA Dynatrac Balljoints.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Coz if you don't mind me asking why did you not want rcv shafts ??

Since RCV says they are the "strongest shaft on the market" that means that the weak link in the axle moves to either the ring and pinion or the driveshaft. I wouldn't want to have either of them break so I opted for chromoly shafts. This means the weak link is the u joint which is easier to fix on the trail.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Yes. 3" 1/2" wall tubes, inner c's are huge. Ground clearance better. Brackets must stronger. And on and on. I never worry about breaking it

Top Bottom