Project BOHICA: AllAmericanInfidel's Mojave Sand build

Bunz-o-fun

Love the color and love the idea of purchasing parts here then combining the shipping with your household goods. Can't wait to see the progress.
Congrats!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the new jeep, dont know how I missed you getting it. Wasnt sure what ever happened after you started with your door leaks.

MSmitty

Hey! I'm about to start my build with the same color. I'm building it out here in Georgia before we make the move to Hawaii. We will be on the big Island near the end of July. I'll start a thread as soon as my Jeep arrives. We'll have to compare!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Hey! I'm about to start my build with the same color. I'm building it out here in Georgia before we make the move to Hawaii. We will be on the big Island near the end of July. I'll start a thread as soon as my Jeep arrives. We'll have to compare!

That's awesome. I'm doing almost the same thing. I'm in Georgia right now and will be on Oahu around June 8th. I am shipping all of the parts there though, so that I can get the Jeep inspected first. The way my last Jeep was set up I would not have passed inspection. So what are your plans for your rig?

MSmitty

That's awesome. I'm doing almost the same thing. I'm in Georgia right now and will be on Oahu around June 8th. I am shipping all of the parts there though, so that I can get the Jeep inspected first. The way my last Jeep was set up I would not have passed inspection. So what are your plans for your rig?

Yeah, I'm a little worried about the inspection but oh well.. I'd rather build here and ship over. The worst thing will be the tire carrier slightly blocking the license plate but that would be an easy fix. It will have the AEV 2.5 lift, 35s ( Kelly Safari TSR) under the fenders hopefully, front rear bumper, tire carrier, winch.. The basics. I've heard the smaller shops on the big island are a little more lenient than the other islands since it's so rural.

Last edited:

5280Sapper

The sand was my second choice in color.. for some reason I can't get away from driving vehicles in those colors!!! looking forward to seeing whats gunna happen next.. I still haven't touched mine and I have had it for a month.. don't know what to spend my money on!!!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
The sand was my second choice in color.. for some reason I can't get away from driving vehicles in those colors!!! looking forward to seeing whats gunna happen next.. I still haven't touched mine and I have had it for a month.. don't know what to spend my money on!!!

Lol thanks. I'll post up the plans for it soon and will be purchasing most of the parts before I leave, but likely won't be modifying it until after the Hawaii vehicle inspection. I'm usually dead set against any vehicles in 'military' looking colors, but I have wanted a tan Jeep since I first saw the Sahara tan way back when. As much as I can't wait to get it up on 35s and at least where my last build was, it's actually pretty nice driving a stock Jeep around. I forgot how nice they drove stock lol.

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I'm a little worried about the inspection but oh well.. I'd rather build here and ship over. The worst thing will be the tire carrier slightly blocking the license plate but that would be an easy fix. It will have the AEV 2.5 lift, 35s ( Kelly Safari TSR) under the fenders hopefully, front rear bumper, tire carrier, winch.. The basics. I've heard the smaller shops on the big island are a little more lenient than the other islands since it's so rural.

Yeah, I was worried about stuff like my tires sticking out passed my flares, and would have to get mud flaps because it was lifted and a front license plate holder. My main concern was the tires. Now that my last rig is gone, I don't have to worry about that so I figured I would ship all the parts over with my household items and just throw them on once the inspection is complete. The only thing I may have done before I Leave is to have the sliders and C gussets welded on. That will allow me to do everything else in my garage. Maybe a regear as well.

r2fasani

Love the name and the color. Subscribed! Looking forward to seeing/reading about the new build. I may have missed it reading through the posts, but are you planning on half doors again? As unfortunate as they turned out to be, I really liked that look on your 2014.

And if I haven't said it before in your other build, thank you very much for your service.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Love the name and the color. Subscribed! Looking forward to seeing/reading about the new build. I may have missed it reading through the posts, but are you planning on half doors again? As unfortunate as they turned out to be, I really liked that look on your 2014.

And if I haven't said it before in your other build, thank you very much for your service.

I am going to buy half doors again, but not the factory ones this time. I'll either go with the Black out doors, EVO doors, or something similar. I don't think I can live without half doors lol.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So, I got the 3rd row jump seat installed today. Mounted it rear facing this time.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462413264.286486.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462413297.449156.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462413314.624918.jpg

Still have access to the rear compartment, worked out great!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Also decided to start on the leather seat kit today. I got the 40 portion of the rear seat done. A lot more involved than I thought, as I have never reupholstered seats before, but also not that difficult at all. Anyways, some pics of the progress.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462413477.406552.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462413492.496858.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462413508.589471.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462413531.368430.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462413550.509306.jpg

I'll work on the rest throughout the week as I get the chance.

MSmitty

Also decided to start on the leather seat kit today. I got the 40 portion of the rear seat done. A lot more involved than I thought, as I have never reupholstered seats before, but also not that difficult at all. Anyways, some pics of the progress.

I'll work on the rest throughout the week as I get the chance.

Wow, that is going to look awesome. Can't wait to see it finished!

Top Bottom