Prorock 60/60 Hardcore Package Install Questions

The Cock Father

You are correct. I got the same pinion angle, oil level and break in info you did. They build an excellent product, I just cannot believe that they do not include the literature in the crate. Hell, they could even put it on their website!

That is surprising.

Anyone know the diameter of the tie rod? Need to buy a clamp for my SS and want to get correct size...

Buster3479

That is surprising.

Anyone know the diameter of the tie rod? Need to buy a clamp for my SS and want to get correct size...

I'll grab it for you tomorrow night. I just pulled in and am exhausted.

We just got back from our first trip with them. I have a vibe in the steering wheel that gets worse around 70mph, but I never balanced the tires on our new 5x5.5 wheels, so it's very likely that.

The axles are working great. Our first trip was 8.5 hours on the road from MD to Oakridge TN, 3 days of wheeling in Windrock and Royal Blue parks, and 12.5 hours on the road back with a quick stop at Natural Bridge to take a break from horrible Sunday traffic.

The only issue I had was a 20 second period where the ABS light came on on the way to wheeling the first day. It happened while aired down on the road at 40mph on a downhill curve in a really strong rain storm. It went away and hasn't been back since. Maybe they need an adjustment check, but 3 days of wheeling and 12 hours on the road later and it hasn't re-asserted.

So far, :thumb::thumb:

The Cock Father

I'll grab it for you tomorrow night. I just pulled in and am exhausted.

We just got back from our first trip with them. I have a vibe in the steering wheel that gets worse around 70mph, but I never balanced the tires on our new 5x5.5 wheels, so it's very likely that.

The axles are working great. Our first trip was 8.5 hours on the road from MD to Oakridge TN, 3 days of wheeling in Windrock and Royal Blue parks, and 12.5 hours on the road back with a quick stop at Natural Bridge to take a break from horrible Sunday traffic.

The only issue I had was a 20 second period where the ABS light came on on the way to wheeling the first day. It happened while aired down on the road at 40mph on a downhill curve in a really strong rain storm. It went away and hasn't been back since. Maybe they need an adjustment check, but 3 days of wheeling and 12 hours on the road later and it hasn't re-asserted.

So far, :thumb::thumb:

Sounds like a great trip!

I'm excited to work on my install this week. I appreciate all your insight and look forward to an equally successful install.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Thanks! Just ordered a PSC clamp. Considering the beef of the axles, is this enough tie rod? Seems like it's on the small side, as it was the smallest clamp PSC offers...

I think so and apparently Dynatrac does too. I'm not sure what the material is but that's some pretty heavy wall stuff. I'm currently running g a DOM tie rod that's 1.5" x .25" and it seemed huge at first.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

Quick question for the WAL crew and thought it fit in this thread (didn’t want to start another).

I’m running a RK long arm kit and am looking to install the XD60 front axle myself. Since my XD60 has all the brackets welded on by Dynatrac already, how hard would the install be? I’m still running coil springs so with the large tubes, etc, would the control arms need to be lengthened/shortened or anything? Just trying to gauge it.

Last edited:

mastrcruse

You will possibly need adjustable arms to get your angles corrected, and definitely going to need a new drive shaft.

Got it and know to wait for the install to be complete before ordering the new ds.

Maybe I missed it but is there a good suspension 101 thread that I can learn angles? What I was thinking is installing it myself (local shop wants $1000 for just the front) but have them do an alignment. The local shop is great at alignments, amongst other stuff, and will adjust my control arms to get good angles but I guess it’s just the install that is expensive.

Last edited:

aTX427

You are probably going to sit higher as well if you are running coil springs. The XD60 is bigger in diameter and the front lower mount seems to be made from a thicker casting than the stock axle. I don't know if they compensated for diameter in the rear, but the bump stops may be off compared to the shock mounts as well. Im going through the same and plan on flexing it out to ensure there are no issues.

mastrcruse

You are probably going to sit higher as well if you are running coil springs. The XD60 is bigger in diameter and the front lower mount seems to be made from a thicker casting than the stock axle. I don't know if they compensated for diameter in the rear, but the bump stops may be off compared to the shock mounts as well. Im going through the same and plan on flexing it out to ensure there are no issues.

Are you installing the axles yourself? I'm trying to determine if I'm capable haha. I've done some pretty involved things but they didn't really involve suspension...not sure why I get anxiety around suspension.

Benito

Caught the Bug
is the front XD60 pretty plug and play (other than locker and speed sensor install)?

I installed mine myself, with the built in caster on the axle you should actually be able to run stock arms. If you have adjustable color ntro arms and have a stock axle you will need to re-adjust. I would say it’s pretty much normal plug and Play after the control arms and drive shaft are situated. If you’re capable of installing a lift you should be able to install the axle, the hardest part is moving the axle around

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Got it and know to wait for the install to be complete before ordering the new ds.

Maybe I missed it but is there a good suspension 101 thread that I can learn angles? What I was thinking is installing it myself (local shop wants $1000 for just the front) but have them do an alignment. The local shop is great at alignments, amongst other stuff, and will adjust my control arms to get good angles but I guess it’s just the install that is expensive.

Wayalife member DWiggles has a write up about adjusting your control arms and Wayalife has an alignment write up that is very helpful. You will need to know what Dynatrac recommends for you pinion and castor to get your angles completely lined up. That will get you close if not perfect, and an alignment shop will be able to help you from there.

mastrcruse

Wayalife member DWiggles has a write up about adjusting your control arms and Wayalife has an alignment write up that is very helpful. You will need to know what Dynatrac recommends for you pinion and castor to get your angles completely lined up. That will get you close if not perfect, and an alignment shop will be able to help you from there.

Perfect, thanks guys for your help! Also with the speed sensor thread and Eddie's post on the stainless air lines for the ARB, I should be able to do this by myself (and a buddy).

aTX427

Are you installing the axles yourself? I'm trying to determine if I'm capable haha. I've done some pretty involved things but they didn't really involve suspension...not sure why I get anxiety around suspension.

Yes, I'm currently working on installing them now. In case anyone is interested, Dynatrac has 13 degrees of positive caster built in the XD60. This is on the Ultimate XD kit.

mastrcruse

This is what I received from Steve. My question: what does dynatrac recommend for pinion and castor so I may get my angles correct?

Point the pinion at the output shaft on the transfer case

We usually go with 6 degrees caster pos

Top Bottom