PROUD to have VOTED

Here is a map of the states based on population. And therein lies the legitimate debate (from both sides) about popular vote and the electoral college.

View attachment 355606

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Let’s see the blue and red version of that map. And the corresponding t shirt.

Here is a map of the states based on population. And therein lies the legitimate debate (from both sides) about popular vote and the electoral college.

View attachment 355606

Correct, that is the biggest question, does each person count our does each state. From my very limited understanding, the electoral college was created to balance the slave states of the south to the northern non slave states because a majority of the population of the southern states couldn’t vote. They were also concerned with a outright mob rule of the population voting in an unqualified candidate. And finally, it was very difficult for most people back when the construction was written to meet, hear, or ever understand the platform of any candidates that were running. So the power was put to the states. For all those reasons it was created, it has become an antiquated system today. But should two main population centers that equate to less than 1% of the land area of the country control the other 99%? An exaggeration I know, but I really don’t know the answer, but I’m sure it’s been debated for 240 years and the debate will continue

Oh, and why the hell did New York take over Michigan [emoji35]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Is there really ANY single news source that is worth a shit? Seriously, Democrat or Republican, liberal or conservative, if you really have faith in any of the media outlets anymore you're delusional. They all suck. You have to weed through everything to find the truth for yourself.

Go and watch NEWSMAXTV and OAN I have it on PLUTOtv or you can watch them on the web www.oann.com www.newsmaxtv.com

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Correct, that is the biggest question, does each person count our does each state. From my very limited understanding, the electoral college was created to balance the slave states of the south to the northern non slave states because a majority of the population of the southern states couldn’t vote. They were also concerned with a outright mob rule of the population voting in an unqualified candidate. And finally, it was very difficult for most people back when the construction was written to meet, hear, or ever understand the platform of any candidates that were running. So the power was put to the states. For all those reasons it was created, it has become an antiquated system today. But should two main population centers that equate to less than 1% of the land area of the country control the other 99%? An exaggeration I know, but I really don’t know the answer, but I’m sure it’s been debated for 240 years and the debate will continue

Oh, and why the hell did New York take over Michigan [emoji35]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

There would never have been a union of states if the most populous areas could control the less populated areas. It isn’t a slave thing.

There would never have been a union of states if the most populous areas could control the less populated areas. It isn’t a slave thing.

But it was at the time. The southern states of South Carolina and Georgia would have had a greater population than the northern states of New Hampshire and Rhode Island if you counted the slaves, but they couldn’t. But yes I agree this isn’t a Union when a couple states control the majority. I still believe that the electoral college serves this nation the best. But it slowing being eroded away by the states that are now choosing to assign their electoral votes based off the winner of the national popular vote.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...-vote-plan-replace-electoral-college-n1247159

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:
What’s a fair way to fix it? A state a vote ?

I think about that a lot and have not yet come up with an answer.

I will say this though, neither system would be THAT bad if the federal government maintained its intended, very small role. It becomes a bigger issue each year because people expect, (and allow) the federal government to reach deeper and deeper into our lives.

I will say this though, neither system would be THAT bad if the federal government maintained its intended, very small role. It becomes a bigger issue each year because people expect, (and allow) the federal government to reach deeper and deeper into our lives.

This is the biggest problem I have with all of it. The government has forgotten their main job description which is to SECURE OUR RIGHTS, not to remove them and rule over us. And for some reason, people seem to enjoy and allow it.

I think about that a lot and have not yet come up with an answer.

Not gonna happen. When are people gonna figure out Democrats = pay more, get less rights.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

This is the biggest problem I have with all of it. The government has forgotten their main job description which is to SECURE OUR RIGHTS, not to remove them and rule over us. And for some reason, people seem to enjoy and allow it.
THIS!
Not gonna happen. When are people gonna figure out Democrats = pay more, get less rights.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
And THIS!
The nation will not be healed. And, Center of the country, farmers, ranchers, miners, ALL kinds of working class Americans, will not be ruled by coastal elites.

Top Bottom