Quack attack!!! Oregon- October 17th

ClarksAdventures

I can't trailer it there. Would have to drive it. I've got a decent Jeep set up.
EVO double throw down
EVO high clearance long arm
Pro rock 60s
Atlas t-case
PSC assist
Toyo MTs 40s
All EVO skids and sliders.
Plus some minor stuff.

I think you'll be just fine! As long as you're not afraid so use your jeep what you bought it for, you'll do great and be wheeling with a great group of guys.

07JKSahara

I can't trailer it there. Would have to drive it. I've got a decent Jeep set up.
EVO double throw down
EVO high clearance long arm
Pro rock 60s
Atlas t-case
PSC assist
Toyo MTs 40s
All EVO skids and sliders.
Plus some minor stuff.

I've seen it in person. Decent, probably is the understatement of the year. ;)

bkac

Caught the Bug
Can you give some more details please. Where is this place. How many days? Any extra info would be great. Thanks

It's not far from Bend Oregon. Amazing fun trail. I have a place to store tops and doors and if you plan to stay I might even be up for a brewery tour! :)

bkac

Caught the Bug
So I was watching my favorite TV personality, Todd Offenbacher (a real hoot to watch), on the local Tahoe RSN channel when I saw a piece he did featuring a local wheeling spot that was right here in the South Lake Tahoe basin. Apparently, this area was called Twin Peaks and was just minutes away from the Y (where highway 50 and 89 split off) and if you can believe it, in all the years that I have been coming to Lake Tahoe, I can honestly say that I had never heard of this place. In fact, none of the books or maps I had indicated anything about this trail or OHV area but after doing some research online and locating the actual Twin Peaks mountains on a map, I decided to take some time off of my busy work week and find this place.

As it would turn out, Twin Peaks is literally in town and down by a youth fishing area called Saw Mill Pond. Towards the end of the parking lot, you will find a gate which will tell you that the trail ahead is Twin Peaks and that it's only open from 9am - 7pm. Not too far beyond the gate, you will come up to a split in the trail. To get to the top without any problems, stay to the left and if you want to play on some pretty tough rocks, stay to the right. This first play area is called "Twister" and is a challenge. Up beyond that and near the peak, you will find a second rock garden with a bypass to the right called "Washboard" (most likely because of the railroad ties you have you drive over). This second rock garden is just as challenging as the first and towards the top, it gets extreme. If you're bold enough to give the extreme part a try, there is an axle that's been sunk into a large boulder towards to top that you can winch off of if needed. The top of the peak is just a 100 yards up beyond that and offers stunning views of the Tahoe basin and mountains beyond. All in all, it's more of a small play area than a trail but challenging enough to offer hardcore Jeepers some fun. Of course, being minutes away from home makes this place a perfect place to test out your rig and or to hone in your abilities. Anyway, here is a short video that Cindy made of our Twin Peaks excursion and hope you enjoy it.

You can crash at my place. I'm sure my kiddos will be going also.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Well I'll confirm with the wife in the morning but I'd say count me in for now. Thanks.

I live in Bend, you can crash here if need be. I have a garage, knowledge, and tools to get you going again. Your jeep will do fine. I don't want damage either so well get you through it. They'll be some good spotters and it's a great bunch of guys. We'll worth the drive if you want something challenging and obstacle after obstacle. Never a dull moment. If you want to catch a room somewhere you can use my garage as a storage point. Bend is Beautiful and awesome food and beer. The Hilton or Hampton Inn at the old mill is a great spot. Hope you can make it!

K.D.C.H

When I'm done with the next stage of my build I'll be pulling the trigger on some of these Oregon runs.

I can't go because Ricky is in Hawaii.

And I'm a bad driver.

You're actually not a bad driver at all. You just can't park worth a shit ;)

bkac

Caught the Bug
When I'm done with the next stage of my build I'll be pulling the trigger on some of these Oregon runs.

You're actually not a bad driver at all. You just can't park worth a shit ;)

Can't wait Ken. Some really different and challenging trails for you to join in on!

K.D.C.H

Can't wait Ken. Some really different and challenging trails for you to join in on!

Can't wait, should be starting the next stage in a couple months and then it's game on. It's only an 8-9 hour drive so count me in on some runs next spring :)

DAMMIT!!! I would love too but have neck surgery on the 14th and I'm not sure my doctor (or wife) would appreciate me going out and wheeling right after :tantrum:

As soon as I'm healed and Petey is back together I'm there!

K.D.C.H

Maybe even a pre Moab shakedown run :)

I could head up there, hit up some trails and then I'm thinking running the rubicon on the way back :D

bkac

Caught the Bug
DAMMIT!!! I would love too but have neck surgery on the 14th and I'm not sure my doctor (or wife) would appreciate me going out and wheeling right after :tantrum:

I can't wait for you two to heal and get up here! A new massive powerplant and a freshly fused spine! It's gonna be game on soon enough!

bkac

Caught the Bug
Maybe even a pre Moab shakedown run :)

I could head up there, hit up some trails and then I'm thinking running the rubicon on the way back :D

Let's just make it far enough out for repairs. The rubicon would be a better start for a shakedown run. :)

Quack attack is a beast! I'd love for the "gang" to make it up here. Just make sure you let me know in advance so I can call the Oregon gatekeeper to get your name (Norcal) on the list. This way they b will allow you into the state. They frown upon gangs up here.

K.D.C.H

Hey Jason, after my build if I head up there before the Moab trip for a weekend shakedown run would you want to go?

We could run some trails and even hit the Rubicon on the way back :thumb:

K.D.C.H

Let's just make it far enough out for repairs. The rubicon would be a better start for a shakedown run. :)

Quack attack is a beast! I'd love for the "gang" to make it up here. Just make sure you let me know in advance so I can call the Oregon gatekeeper to get your name (Norcal) on the list. This way they b will allow you into the state. They frown upon gangs up here.

Maybe we'll hit the Rubicon on the way up then lol

I'll let you know for sure, I'd hate to get all the way up there just to be turned around for being a "gang manner" :cheesy:

David1tontj

I can't wait for you to get up here!! Quack attack closes down for the winter in November, it becomes a snow park no matter how much snow is on the ground :(

We have run it with about 6-12" of snow on it, which makes it crazy, but still fun!

When your rig and yourself are healed, you'll have to come up for tillamook- it'll still be open.

Top Bottom