Quack attack!!! Oregon- October 17th

I can't wait for you to get up here!! Quack attack closes down for the winter in November, it becomes a snow park no matter how much snow is on the ground :(

We have run it with about 6-12" of snow on it, which makes it crazy, but still fun!

When your rig and yourself are healed, you'll have to come up for tillamook- it'll still be open.

I hear a lot about these Oregon wheelers...I need to come hang out and learn some things :thumb:

dwmgcs

Of course I'm in and for what it's worth I have a pretty well equipped shop in the Oregon City area for anybody that might need some work before any long trips home if we can at least get it to there.

SEAJ

37 Inch Tire requirement... Do not think I could pull that one off yet. Looks fun. Maybe next year.

David1tontj

37 Inch Tire requirement... Do not think I could pull that one off yet. Looks fun. Maybe next year.

37s for a four door. Your profile says 2012 jk in one spot, and 2012 jku in another? We have one guy going In a 2 door on 35s. For a 4 door, it really is best to be on the 37s.
Our last run up there, the only 4 door was on 40s and ruined his crossmember, and I think his skid plate too.
I'm not sure, but one of the other guys could possibly have an open seat if you want to check it out?

We plan on heading up to tillamook again, maybe you could make it down for that one? There is a huge variety of trails there.

ClarksAdventures

37s for a four door. Your profile says 2012 jk in one spot, and 2012 jku in another? We have one guy going In a 2 door on 35s. For a 4 door, it really is best to be on the 37s.
Our last run up there, the only 4 door was on 40s and ruined his crossmember, and I think his skid plate too.
I'm not sure, but one of the other guys could possibly have an open seat if you want to check it out?

We plan on heading up to tillamook again, maybe you could make it down for that one? There is a huge variety of trails there.

He has ran with us before at browns camp. Great guy, but I didn't remember him only being on 35's.
But Ya, there's usually always an open seat if you want to just come and see how much fun it is.

David1tontj

Do you need to have lockers?
With the traction control, you could probably get through, but it's going to mess up your jeep, and you'll likely be winching a lot.

Yes, lockers are required

Dirk here was having all kinds of problems due to his front locker going out.

The thing is, on this trail you couldn't get anywhere without them.

Well.... Not quickly anyway.

Lol I've heard that so many times in the past.

Well, it's not impossible, but certainly a little slower on this trail with all the tall rocks that you have to get your tire up on, combined with all the loose silty dirt.

mackey

Any thoughts on what the weather typically is like in mid Oct? Are people going doorless and topless?

David1tontj

Any thoughts on what the weather typically is like in mid Oct? Are people going doorless and topless?

Probably mid 60s yet sunshine, and freezing cold on the drive/ early morning. Kinda a crapshoot this far out. I won't run this trail with doors. If you have half doors, there is at least one spot you'll want to remove them, but the guys have done this in the past.

dwmgcs

I will be half doors and bikini top, but probably take off the half doors and stash them in back if I don't over pack and have room.

Top Bottom