Question on RIPP supercharger

SSGTOZ

:cheesy: How much research into doing things "right" the first time have you done?

Not sure I'm on the same page as you, but I have been researching this particular situation for some time now, as well as the shop I want to use to get the job done. I have found zero bad reviews of Northridge 4x4 and until reading on this forum I hadn't seen any issue on the SC. I do more than read the reviews by magazines and tv shows if that's what you mean. I didn't see it and think "it's shiny and I want it."

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Not sure I'm on the same page as you, but I have been researching this particular situation for some time now, as well as the shop I want to use to get the job done. I have found zero bad reviews of Northridge 4x4 and until reading on this forum I hadn't seen any issue on the SC. I do more than read the reviews by magazines and tv shows if that's what you mean. I didn't see it and think "it's shiny and I want it."

If you have found zero bad reviews on NR you are not looking. The same can be said about the SC. Try googling "Ripp SC problem" instead of "review".

SSGTOZ

I looked them up on BBB and talked to locals here in Spokane, as well as searching other forums for Northridge practices. Found nothing.

I completely agree with the others on here. Most people see a supercharger as a great way to add power to their vehicle and it certainly can be, but the most important component is the software or "tune" to get it to work with your vehicle correctly. This is often the most overlooked part unfortunately. The problem with supercharging Chrysler vehicles is and has been that the factory computers are extremely difficult to crack in terms of getting a tune to be compatible with them. Being that our cars are computer controlled, once you go changing things, if not done right can lead to a whole host of other issues as others here eluded to.

Having said that, i do hope things work out for you and please post your results if you don't mind.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I looked them up on BBB and talked to locals here in Spokane, as well as searching other forums for Northridge practices. Found nothing.

Cool story. Why are you here again?

You asked for advice and went against everything everyone said. You argue everything just to argue. What is it you come here for being that you are new to jeeping but already know everything.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I saw a Motech video of melted plastics under the hood, from a supercharger, while the guy was there to get a Chevy V8 to replace the supercharged stock motor.

SSGTOZ

Cool story. Why are you here again?

You asked for advice and went against everything everyone said. You argue everything just to argue. What is it you come here for being that you are new to jeeping but already know everything.

No, I said I didn't find anything wrong with the sources I viewed. I never argued anyone's point. If no one likes the SC or where I'm having the work done then so be it. Never mind the fact that if knew everything I wouldn't be here anyway. You on the other hand seem to be very upset that someone has a differing opinion. Apologies for offending you. I'm here like everyone else. I have a Jeep and hope to congregate with others who have similar interests as well as glean wisdom from others with more experience. I'm not going to agree with everyone and don't expect everyone to agree with me.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
No, I said I didn't find anything wrong with the sources I viewed. I never argued anyone's point. If no one likes the SC or where I'm having the work done then so be it. Never mind the fact that if knew everything I wouldn't be here anyway. You on the other hand seem to be very upset that someone has a differing opinion. Apologies for offending you. I'm here like everyone else. I have a Jeep and hope to congregate with others who have similar interests as well as glean wisdom from others with more experience. I'm not going to agree with everyone and don't expect everyone to agree with me.

I am far from upset. Again, why ask questions if you dispute everything that is said? Just call your favorite vendor and order the most expensive parts. After all, the more they cost, the better they are.

JAGS

Hooked

All you need to do is be a member of their "underground" page and you'll see bad reviews all the time. No company is immune from bad reviews. Look harder.

For those reading, a SC will also void your warranty. So if you have a lifetime warranty, say goodbye. If you are still within your limited powertrain warranty, say goodbye.

Last edited:

SSGTOZ

I am far from upset. Again, why ask questions if you dispute everything that is said? Just call your favorite vendor and order the most expensive parts. After all, the more they cost, the better they are.

You're entitled to your opinion, if you think more expensive parts are better then by all means get them.

SSGTOZ

Again I just stated what I was doing and how I went about it. I don't have any experience with the SC or its benefits/deficiencies. I gave an opinion like all of the others have. I never claimed anything as gospel.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Again I just stated what I was doing and how I went about it. Also stated in the very first comment my level of knowledge on the subject. I don't have any experience with the SC or its benefits/deficiencies. I gave an opinion like all of the others have. I never claimed anything as gospel.

So it's done then. Hope it works out. Post pics and results.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sounds like you've got it all planned out. If it's not too late, see if David will truss and sleeve that PR44 for you. With all of the new hp you will need it. Tell him Sharkey sent you and I'm sure he will give you a smokin' deal.

Last edited:

yax_c

I am a true believer that some people learn by trial and error, with all the comments and suggestions here I would have researched again and again until I found nothing to the contrary, but it is your money and it is your choice. With that said, best of luck and I do hope you are the exception to the rule!!!

Sullivan

I have a 2010 and I am about to start my install of my RIPP as well. Biggest issue is the tuning, like everyone said. The SC and the install is straight forward. Also, a SC can hurt the drivetrain. That is a fact but not always the case. All depends on the driver and how it's taken care of. I'm looking forward to mine.

whispike

All you need to do is be a member of their "underground" page and you'll see bad reviews all the time. No company is immune from bad reviews. Look harder.

For those reading, a SC will also void your warranty. So if you have a lifetime warranty, say goodbye. If you are still within your limited powertrain warranty, say goodbye.

Won't most if not all mods void your warranty?

Top Bottom