Question on RIPP supercharger

WJCO

Meme King
I just went with a turbocharger tattoo. Won't blow anything up and it was a tenth of the cost.

martinzusmc

I had a SC 2010 JK where I installed a (Ripp) and now a 2013 (pro charger). For the 2010 it helped driving to the trailhead & through the mountains, but with the auto trans it still was lacking a little. Like everyone says it will not help on the trail. My pain point was even with re-gear it would kick down going up hill from 3rd to 4th and be into boost. To me it was really annoying and not very smooth. I eventually sold it and 3 years later somehow found a 2013 with a procharger installed. I will say that with the new transmission it is much more smooth with the SC. The best advice I can give you is if you are going to drop coin on the SC do yourself a favor and do the install yourself. It saves you some $ and gives you a better understanding of the system, vacuum line routing, plumbing ect so when/if something goes wrong you can troubleshoot yourself and eliminate the small things. Yes I got the red lighting bolt of death a couple of times..Luckily I was able to diagnose and fix myself. I always carried a spare (smaller belt), tools, and the Diablo to bypass the SC and reflash back to stock if I needed to in a pinch. Just go into it knowing that it isn't all plug n play and no hassle.. Also invest in an aftermarket transcooler.

SSGTOZ

I have a 2010 and I am about to start my install of my RIPP as well. Biggest issue is the tuning, like everyone said. The SC and the install is straight forward. Also, a SC can hurt the drivetrain. That is a fact but not always the case. All depends on the driver and how it's taken care of. I'm looking forward to mine.

I had a SC 2010 JK where I installed a (Ripp) and now a 2013 (pro charger). For the 2010 it helped driving to the trailhead & through the mountains, but with the auto trans it still was lacking a little. Like everyone says it will not help on the trail. My pain point was even with re-gear it would kick down going up hill from 3rd to 4th and be into boost. To me it was really annoying and not very smooth. I eventually sold it and 3 years later somehow found a 2013 with a procharger installed. I will say that with the new transmission it is much more smooth with the SC. The best advice I can give you is if you are going to drop coin on the SC do yourself a favor and do the install yourself. It saves you some $ and gives you a better understanding of the system, vacuum line routing, plumbing ect so when/if something goes wrong you can troubleshoot yourself and eliminate the small things. Yes I got the red lighting bolt of death a couple of times..Luckily I was able to diagnose and fix myself. I always carried a spare (smaller belt), tools, and the Diablo to bypass the SC and reflash back to stock if I needed to in a pinch. Just go into it knowing that it isn't all plug n play and no hassle.. Also invest in an aftermarket transcooler.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

szobell

I had a RIPP on my 09 JKU that was regeared, new exhaust, lifted and running 35's. Had it on for about 30k miles. Overall - I was very underwhelmed with the RIPP. I finally pulled it about 6 months ago. Went back to stock with a better high capacity intake. Hardly noticed the power difference and my mileage has increased.

BLCK4X4

Hey fellow jeepers,
got a question for y'all

I have a '12 wrangler jk on 35" mud grapplers around AEV Savegres. 4 inch full coil and shock/strut lift. K&N cold air intake running through the pentastar and out through the Dynomax 39513 Ultra Flow exhaust. As much as I'd love some smitty built fenders or a winch or another cosmetic beauty. I'm thinking about throwing in the RIPP supercharger. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Pros or cons?

Okay, so I myself was interested in one as well. But I soon learned, from WAL Jeepers, and friends that it isn't work it. An exhaust and a good tune is all you truly need with these engines. Like someone else said, you're driving a brick on wheels not a corvette. If you really wanna drop the cash, do a HEMI kit, or an engine swap! That's my opinion. Good luck!

And welcome to WAL!

MericaMade

So I responded on here years ago about the RIPP Supercharger and Northridge 4x4 where I had my work done. Mr Overland took it as an opportunity to be a complete and total dickhead about my responses. Well guess what, the Jeep is still running, went on an 11000 trip from the PNW down to Southern MS without any problems, zero issues, no overheating, no fueling issues, not a damn thing. This guy is the kind of toxic assholes we don't need in any type of forum. Maybe try keeping your trap shut next time. Later Asshole.
Yaw, and still no one cares. No one's asked you to join or asked for your opinion anyways.

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

rubiDave

So I responded on here years ago about the RIPP Supercharger and Northridge 4x4 where I had my work done. Mr Overland took it as an opportunity to be a complete and total dickhead about my responses. Well guess what, the Jeep is still running, went on an 11000 trip from the PNW down to Southern MS without any problems, zero issues, no overheating, no fueling issues, not a damn thing. This guy is the kind of toxic assholes we don't need in any type of forum. Maybe try keeping your trap shut next time. Later Asshole.
.... FB_IMG_1614806238003.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You after holding that in for five years.

IMG_1393.JPG

The fact that what I said bothers you still to this day after five years makes it all worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

Welcome back. How was your 2020?

Top Bottom