Radiator Replacement OEM or Aftermarket

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think Permatex makes a radiator repair kit that sets up faster but - I think the temperature will still be an issue

Don't know if this is what you were thinking of but I've used it in a pinch just to get me home.

84331.jpg

https://www.permatex.com/products/adhesives-sealants/epoxies/permatex-water-bond/

Not a perfect or permanent solution but it helped me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The jeep has 110,000 miles so I'm assuming the hoses and clamps have the same

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

110,000 miles! Yet more proof right there as to why you should get an OE replacement. I would probably go ahead and replace the hoses and clamps too being that they will come with the new hoses.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I know that you are past the "get me home stage" but figured I would post in case someone is looking for answers later. Napa sells a fuel tank repair kit for repairing full fuel tanks. It's a 2 part activated epoxy that sets up fast. It comes with fiberglass patches to reinforce the repair and a wax that you can fill the hole with to stop the leak before the repair. The key is to get it dry and clean before the actual repair. I have seen a radiator go 2 years with that repair.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

brooklyn4x4

Radiator replacement questions.

So my radiator is leaking and it is time to be replaced. Now I have never really had any problems with over heating but normally when I replace something I like to upgrade it. So I'm wondering if it's worth going with a bigger all aluminum radiator, and if so I'm wondering what radiator others might have picked.

Look forward to people's insight thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
So my radiator is leaking and it is time to be replaced. Now I have never really had any problems with over heating but normally when I replace something I like to upgrade it. So I'm wondering if it's worth going with a bigger all aluminum radiator, and if so I'm wondering what radiator others might have picked.

Just merged your thread here. Hopefully this may help you.

trailraider

I just had to replace mine as well. tank leak .

We have seen tonnes of them coming in for tank leaks lately. not sure if they had a bad batch. mine made just over 20,000 km before it started to leak. minor leak but you could smell it every time i got out of the Jeep. hope the new one holds out.

tdougherty81

I recently replaced mine with a mishimoto aluminum one. It was slightly more than an oem one. Someone was selling one new for $200. No more leak and I think it cools better.

20170209_101114.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would just replace with OEM. They are pretty solid and cheap too. No point in spending tons extra for aftermarket when factory works just fine.

Top Bottom