Ramp 2013 JKUR Build Thread

RamP

While waiting for the next "big" mod to get going I picked up a set of headlight/tail light guards from a WOL member. I know they are strictly cosmetic but I always liked the look.

RamP

Just installed a set of LCA skid plates. Mine were pretty chewed up.

Also have a set of fronts that I'm gonna burn on along with a set of Synergy ball joints and Evo CGussets.

bl17z90

Just installed a set of LCA skid plates. Mine were pretty chewed up.

Also have a set of fronts that I'm gonna burn on along with a set of Synergy ball joints and Evo CGussets.

I have almost zero dings on my rears but my fronts took some hits. I have the evo weld ons for the front and I have abused the hell out of them. Even managed to dent one but they are holding strong.

Sent from my phone?

RamP

That's funny. I'm the exact opposite. Fronts are mint but the rears are worked. Hopefully these skids help out before I tear the brackets off.

RamP

Yeah. Picked them up off EBay from Rock Ridge 4wd. $59.00 front and rear shipped. The CGussets will come from Evo and I'm shopping around for a good price for the ball joints. $200 seems to be the lowest I found so far.

bl17z90

Yeah. Picked them up off EBay from Rock Ridge 4wd. $59.00 front and rear shipped. The CGussets will come from Evo and I'm shopping around for a good price for the ball joints. $200 seems to be the lowest I found so far.

I think quadratrc has wynergy ball ioints for $100

Sent from my phone?

RamP

Just pulled the trigger and bought a Warn Powerplant. 12k version. Found a sick deal from a private seller. New in box for $1,200 shipped.
I'm going to be mounting it on my stock bumper. I've seen the Warn winch plate and was wondering what other option I have?

bl17z90

Just pulled the trigger and bought a Warn Powerplant. 12k version. Found a sick deal from a private seller. New in box for $1,200 shipped.
I'm going to be mounting it on my stock bumper. I've seen the Warn winch plate and was wondering what other option I have?

That is a great deal!!!

Sent from my phone?

RamP

And here it is. Mount should be here today.
I do have a question though. Is my stock battery good enough to run this winch or should I be looking to upgrade sooner than later?
Thanks

RamP

Installed the Warn today.
Here's the Warn mounting plate for the stock JK bumper. This kit is very beefy and solid.

Had some help from the little guy too. He braved the 20 degree weather with me.

All buttoned up. The winch is massive and really makes me appreciate the drop down design of an LOD style bumper.

bl17z90

DEAR LORD! That thing is huge on a stock bumper :eek: first time I have ever seen anyone install one like this.

I was thinking it would be.

In regards to your question. The stamped steel bumper should solid enough to hold a winch.....assuming the winch plate is fastened down well.

RamP

Yeah the winch is a monster. The mount is very strong. With brackets that wrap around the frame horn on both sides as well as the front.
Half of me wanted to see if it was even possible.
Now I can start the search for a recovery kit, battery, and front bumper.
It's a sickness.

bl17z90

Yeah the winch is a monster. The mount is very strong. With brackets that wrap around the frame horn on both sides as well as the front.
Half of me wanted to see if it was even possible.
Now I can start the search for a recovery kit, battery, and front bumper.
It's a sickness.

Snatch block and tree saver would be the most useful when utalizing a winch.

StrizzyChris

What bl said. I wouldn't waste your money on a recovery "kit" from a company, but would make my own. You can find deals on all the individual supplies at random places. I got my tree saver and another strap at the flea market for cheap. Also, I wouldn't replace the battery unless yours is going bad. All just my humble :twocents:

Top Bottom