Ramp 2013 JKUR Build Thread

StrizzyChris

I like ones with fins, it gives me the illusion that it helps radiate the heat. :screwy:

ARBs are nice for the couple of features they have, but too expensive for my taste. I have a pair of solid covers waiting to be installed. They come in at the best price point when I bought mine.

DA RUNT

Im not gonna lie...LOD has me sold on heir packaging ever since my sliders arrived. They make sure that their product is not damaged on shipping! :rock:

No kidding, took me longer to unpack my rear bumper than it did to install it. The UPS man could have just slid it off the truck as he drove by and the bumper would have been fine :thumb::thumb:

StrizzyChris

No kidding, took me longer to unpack my rear bumper than it did to install it.

I wish I could say the same about my sliders...drilling and tapping all those holes SUCKED! All I can say is...I'm glad I did the install right after coming home from Hawaii(the lady was on mainland the whole time) and my right arm was nice and strong.

The UPS man could have just slid it off the truck as he drove by and the bumper would have been fine :thumb::thumb:

I laughed thinking about this! :cheesy: could you imagine screeching tires and them kicking out of the back going 50mph :cheesy:

Lol. I even saved the wood!

We did too actually.

RamP

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401371350.452525.jpg
Got some Evo gussets to install along with Rough Country LCA skids.

Does anyone know what a round about cost it is to have a mobile welder burn them on?

RamP

Just got back from the Coal Mountain Jeep Jamboree in Shamokin PA. We had a great time. My tie rod however, did not.
Slipped off a rock and turned it into a frown. Just ordered a Synergy chromoly one along with a Fox SS and Synergy relocation bracket.
Seems like the carnage is coming in waves. Starting with the rear corner. I also have a sound that I think is a crack in the manifold. But the dealer will let me know this week. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407198982.063558.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407199003.841721.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407199022.627890.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407199038.590012.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407199066.516557.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407199079.068428.jpg

RamP

Dennis Wood from Teraflex was also in attendance. He brought this with him. Nice guy. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407199149.983885.jpg

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks like it!! I'd rather have your hit though. I'm in for some body work. Already starting to rust too.

Ouch yea that sucks! Yours is worse than mine. I just need to pop the dents out a little and touch up with some paint tomorrow

RamP

What does your tie rod look like off the rock?

I'll snap a pic in the morning. It's bent almost in the middle. Maybe slightly on the passenger side. After I got off the rock I couldn't turn the wheel to the right. The stabilizer was hitting the bracket. Removed it and was fine in the woods. Once I hit the road I had massive death wobble. Re installed the stabilizer and adjusted the clamp on the tie rod down far enough that it won't hit. Works for now until the parts arrive.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'll snap a pic in the morning. It's bent almost in the middle. Maybe slightly on the passenger side. After I got off the rock I couldn't turn the wheel to the right. The stabilizer was hitting the bracket. Removed it and was fine in the woods. Once I hit the road I had massive death wobble. Re installed the stabilizer and adjusted the clamp on the tie rod down far enough that it won't hit. Works for now until the parts arrive.

If you had death wobble you probably have other issues as well. I was just asking because mine is bent and I have no issues with it. Also you can bend it back down a little as well. Just trying to save you some cash.

RamP

If you had death wobble you probably have other issues as well. I was just asking because mine is bent and I have no issues with it. Also you can bend it back down a little as well. Just trying to save you some cash.

It's not the first time I'd be bending it back so I'm gonna swap it out. I'm also running MTR's that have a ton of weights on them to begin with. If I lost any it'll throw those right out of whack. Along with the bent bar it wasn't a good combo.
Thanks though. Always appreciate money saving advice.

RamP

Thanks. New parts are in and will be going on as soon as the Jeep is back from the dealership. It's there for a cracked exhaust manifold.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407900954.705152.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407900954.705152.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

RamP

Got the Jeep back. Dealership replaced the manifold gasket under warranty. Must of shifted at some point. Oops.
Also installed the synergy chromoly tie rod, SS relocation bracket and Fox evolution SS. Along with the synergy tie rod clamp. Here's a before and after.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408123040.555017.jpg

Top Bottom