Rancho lift?

The rebate for the lift and 4 9000 shocks is $300. So you can shop around and get it all for about $650.

Was the drive shift to short for jk and jku?

Is it still a problem if you you do not plan on fully flexing out?

Not sure about the JK I was talking about the JKU, and as with most any thing you many be able to get away with a cheaper fix for awhile, but in the end you'll need to do it the right way.

Question about the rancho shocks... If I were to pair the 9000s with the 3" evo plush ride coils, should I go with the 0"-2" option or the 4" option for the shocks?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Look to
RS999329
RS999330

This is what we use on our 3" systems.

Question about the rancho shocks... If I were to pair the 9000s with the 3" evo plush ride coils, should I go with the 0"-2" option or the 4" option for the shocks?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

See below. :) Thanks!

Rancho, I am having lift mental drama at the moment and I was wondering if you could help and I figured this would be the thread to and I am assuming others have the same issues deciding.....

I have a 2012 JKU Sahara with 285/70/17 BFG KM2's... Plan on 285/75/17's or 35/12/17's when these wear out (which I assume will be sooner then later). This is primarily a DD but I do like hitting moderate trails and basically anything that a normal vehicle can not hit.... I am on the north east US so rocks are not something that I run into.

I was looking at the 2.5 AEV but then I saw all of the don't waste your money comments and then Eddie mentioned the Rancho 2" sport.... Interesting and the price rocks with the 9000 shocks.

Start doing homework on the kit and saw the rebate and found the 3"sport kit with the the 9000 shocks for about $950.

Here is where the questions start:
1) your current rebate for the 3" kit and 9000 shocks is $300 so the kit will cost me 650 is this correct? (oh ya, wow) Sounds right around that.
2) what else would I need to make this kit complete for my needs - I am looking to retain or improve handling/braking/... As a few mnetioned you will have to address the front drive shaft or the exhaust. We offer a cross over exhaust kit. That P/N is RS720003 or from the DynoMax side P/N88347
3) will this kit look ok with my current tire size, tires are mounted on black rhinos 4.5"back spacing, I do not want to look like I am driving around on stilts
Not too "stilty"
4) should I just go back to the 2" sport seeing that I am most likely going to go with 285/75/17's instead on 35/12.5/17
Your call, but I think from what you mentioned the 3" SPORT is a great fit.
5)please add any other input on rancho over others, yes I am setting you up for a rancho commercial in exchange for your input
What I like about the 3" SPORT is that if you want to down the road you can add our control arms or other for that matter and have a nice complete system. One thing I would personally add to this system is to get a rear adjustable track bar. They aren't that expensive and really complete this kit.

Nice to see you chime in and help a guy out :thumb:

Thank you sir!! Hope to run into in a few weeks!

We are doing RR4W trails this year. Get out with the wheelers this go around.
I hate cliff trails and they signed me up for:

Rusty Nail Yep cliff
Steel Bender totally cool
Cliff Hanger wait a minute the trail has the word cliff in it, doesn't it? :) This trail doesn't bug me actually.

Look to
RS999329
RS999330

This is what we use on our 3" systems.

I am curious, your website lists those shocks as 2" shocks. How does a 2" shock with a 3" lift? Would that effectively reduce the down travel by an inch? I am simply trying to understand how it all works together since I am about 95% ready to purchase that exact setup.

Is your spring in the 2" systen softer or stiffer than stock springs? Mine are 16's. Also are your spring height fir a built jeep or stock? I am planning a smittybilt src gen2 bumper and it looks fairly heavy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I am curious, your website lists those shocks as 2" shocks. How does a 2" shock with a 3" lift? Would that effectively reduce the down travel by an inch? I am simply trying to understand how it all works together since I am about 95% ready to purchase that exact setup.

Yeah the site gets a bit tricky/wonky.
Go click on one of our 3" systems and it will show the
29/30 for this system.

These are used in 3" systems (and a lot of 2.5" systems too) and "short" 4" systems.

Is your spring in the 2" systen softer or stiffer than stock springs? Mine are 16's. Also are your spring height fir a built jeep or stock? I am planning a smittybilt src gen2 bumper and it looks fairly heavy.

I find our springs to softer than stock.
On the 2" systems we account for a front bumper/winch combo. So they are a tad taller (2.50-.75ISH) but will be pretty close to a 2" ride when all is said and done.

Thanks for the quick response. Do you offer control arms for the 2"? And will the frint axle be out of center since it does not come with an adjustable track bar?

Is there anywhere I can get the compressed and extended length measurements of the 7000s to compare them to the shocks I'll be replacing?

Thanks for the quick response. Do you offer control arms for the 2"? And will the frint axle be out of center since it does not come with an adjustable track bar?

We offer adjustable control arms but for a 3-4" systems. At this height no issues with things getting "caddywampus".

Is there anywhere I can get the compressed and extended length measurements of the 7000s to compare them to the shocks I'll be replacing?

Yes. I can what size system are you going to need them for?
I can get those in the AM for my files.
:beer:

I have the Rough Country series II 3.5" kit with the Nitro 2.0 shocks. As I stated in the thread I had started (which is where I should have asked this question), I am planning on eventually getting rid of the Rough Country parts, but starting with the shocks since the RC shocks are already shot. I plan on getting springs after the shocks and want to keep the same ride height I have now. I figured the 4" shocks you offer would be the ones I need, but I wanna make sure before I order them.

I have the Rough Country series II 3.5" kit with the Nitro 2.0 shocks. As I stated in the thread I had started (which is where I should have asked this question), I am planning on eventually getting rid of the Rough Country parts, but starting with the shocks since the RC shocks are already shot. I plan on getting springs after the shocks and want to keep the same ride height I have now. I figured the 4" shocks you offer would be the ones I need, but I wanna make sure before I order them.
4" RS7000MT
RS7331 (front) 16.50 (comp) 26.76 (ext) 10.26 (travel)
RS7330 (rear) 16.93 (comp) 27.19 (ext) 10.26 (travel)

Hello Rancho guys,
I think I want a set of RS 9000s for my 05 TJR. Currently running a Zone 4" lift but leaning toward a Clayton long arm 4" upgrade. I am not sure which part number I need for your shocks front and rear..... Yes, I'm a little slow. Please help out if you would. Tango Yankee

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

4" RS7000MT
RS7331 (front) 16.50 (comp) 26.76 (ext) 10.26 (travel)
RS7330 (rear) 16.93 (comp) 27.19 (ext) 10.26 (travel)

Thank you sir! Now I might be able to find the specs for the RC shocks for comparison. Be easier than removing them and measuring.

Hello Rancho guys,
I think I want a set of RS 9000s for my 05 TJR. Currently running a Zone 4" lift but leaning toward a Clayton long arm 4" upgrade. I am not sure which part number I need for your shocks front and rear..... Yes, I'm a little slow. Please help out if you would. Tango Yankee

Clayton? Nice! Keep it local!!! Make solid systems.

Look to
RS999255 (front)
RS999256 (rear)

This is what I suggest for 4" long arms.
Now if you want to start outboarding, I can help out there too. :)

Clayton? Nice! Keep it local!!! Make solid systems.

Look to
RS999255 (front)
RS999256 (rear)

This is what I suggest for 4" long arms.
Now if you want to start outboarding, I can help out there too. :)

Out boarding? Moving the shocks I presume.... Sorry still kinda new to the tech

Hello Rancho guys,

Out boarding? Moving the shocks I presume.... Sorry still kinda new to the tech

Correct!
:beer:

Top Bottom