Rancho lift?

Rancho

If I were to get the 3" trail kit with the rs9000's would I need the x-over exhaust kit if I change the driveshaft? Also which driveshaft would you recommend? Thanks

Rancho

If I were to get the 3" trail kit with the rs9000's would I need the x-over exhaust kit if I change the driveshaft? Also which driveshaft would you recommend? Thanks

If you do the DS you will not need the cross over.
JE Reel makes a great driveshaft.
I also have had a lot of success with local guys.
We suggest Powertrain Industries 714-901-3611 because they are down the street from us and we go over to their shop and do the final fitment. :)

PS Sorry so long on a response. I was out of town for a week.

:beer:

I installed the 2" kit on my 2DR Rubicon a few weeks ago, with the 9000s, and the ride absolutely amazing. I do have the shocks set to 1, the on road ride is amazing. It's so soft that I forget it's a Wrangler sometimes. :)

I did manage to get the kit off road since installing it and it performed really well. The two inch kit saved me some funds up front, as a new drive shaft didn't NEED to be in the immediate budget.

1396749993036.jpg

Thanks Rancho for the great product and I look forward to being able to really put it through it's paces.

Still working on that clever signature.

Rancho. When I get the 2" sport kit for my 2dr can I use AEV LCA brackets to set my caster? I know of some people saying that with a 2dr they get around 2.5-2.75" up front. I'm not looking to add weight to my jeep either. I know the brackets they make have a slot for 2.5" of lift. Thanks in advance.

What a great thread. Learning some good stuff and sitting here with the 4Wheel Parts Catalog to see what everyone is talking about. Two tech questions.

UNO. What is the advantage of long arm/short arm?

B. What is and advantages of Outboarding?

Thanks y'all!

'11 Mango Tango Unlimited.
American by Birth, Veteran so my family lives free.

Rancho, would the 2" sport kit provide enough room for 35"s on a jku? If so, would there be any rub during articulation with trimmed fenders?

Last edited:
Rancho, would the 2" sport kit provide enough room for 35"s on a jku? If so, would there be any rub on articulation with trimmed fenders?

From what I've read, you can run stock height and clear 35s with trimmed fenders. You need proper back spacing though, other wise you'll rub at full steer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

From what I've read, you can run stock height and clear 35s with trimmed fenders. You need proper back spacing though, other wise you'll rub at full steer.

This right here, also make sure your bump stops are the proper height too.

I have the 4' lift with 9000 shocks. I do moderate trail runs. No issues as if now. It's a good lift for the money.

Chris

I have a Rancho 4" long arm installed in my 2013 JKU.
It does have a softer side of coils and shocks (9000) which i liked.
Now, i run rancho long arms with King coilover setup Ditching rancho coils and shocks for bit more articulation.
The front seems to articulate very good but rear will Bind with the shocks i have. You will need to mod rear upper arm a bit to get a full extension out of it.

if you are not going to do some major coilover mods in the future i sure would recommand Rancho kits.
Very smooth ride and good for off road too.

here is the rancho long arm installed w/ 40" tires d60 axles.

Well, since I started this thread I guess I should post a follow-up. I ended up going with the 3" Sport kit with 9000XLs. With the rebate and a good sale price on both the kit and the shocks it ended up being around $600 total.

Before:
1402368665597.jpg
1402368687522.jpg

After:
1402368767561.jpg
1402368743456.jpg

Almost exactly 3" gain. And it rides great! I only had one issue installing it and that was the lower sleeve of the front shocks were too wide for the mounts. We had to pry open the mounts and then bend them around the shock to get them secured.
1402369141068.jpg
It worked out in the end, not a huge deal, but a bit disappointing when compared to the ease of the rest of the install. I would definitely reccomend this kit to anyone else looking for a decent lift at a reasonable price.

Very sharp!
I have a 2013 too on 38.5's and tons

I have a Rancho 4" long arm installed in my 2013 JKU.
It does have a softer side of coils and shocks (9000) which i liked.
Now, i run rancho long arms with King coilover setup Ditching rancho coils and shocks for bit more articulation.
The front seems to articulate very good but rear will Bind with the shocks i have. You will need to mod rear upper arm a bit to get a full extension out of it.

if you are not going to do some major coilover mods in the future i sure would recommand Rancho kits.
Very smooth ride and good for off road too.

here is the rancho long arm installed w/ 40" tires d60 axles.

Thanks for updating. Looks great!

Well, since I started this thread I guess I should post a follow-up. I ended up going with the 3" Sport kit with 9000XLs. With the rebate and a good sale price on both the kit and the shocks it ended up being around $600 total.

Before:
View attachment 87109
View attachment 87110

After:
View attachment 87112
View attachment 87111

Almost exactly 3" gain. And it rides great! I only had one issue installing it and that was the lower sleeve of the front shocks were too wide for the mounts. We had to pry open the mounts and then bend them around the shock to get them secured.
View attachment 87113
It worked out in the end, not a huge deal, but a bit disappointing when compared to the ease of the rest of the install. I would definitely reccomend this kit to anyone else looking for a decent lift at a reasonable price.

Hopefully Rancho can help. Is there something you would recommend to protect the adjustment knob. I keep breaking the rears on rocks.

Thanks,

Chris

Hopefully Rancho can help. Is there something you would recommend to protect the adjustment knob. I keep breaking the rears on rocks.

Thanks,

Chris

Just turn them around so they face the front. That's what everyone here told me. Make it more difficult to adjust, but a least the knob is still there to adjust it. I did the front also.

Just turn them around so they face the front. That's what everyone here told me. Make it more difficult to adjust, but a least the knob is still there to adjust it. I did the front also.

I do remember seeing that. Have you turned yours around?

I do remember seeing that. Have you turned yours around?

Sure did. Only had to unbolt the bottom bolts. And spin them around. I have the rear set at 5 and the front at 4. I'm still trying to find that sweet spot. I does make it more difficult to adjust though.

Sure did. Only had to unbolt the bottom bolts. And spin them around. I have the rear set at 5 and the front at 4. I'm still trying to find that sweet spot. I does make it more difficult to adjust though.

For a long time I had them on firm. But decided to try a softer setting for the 2015 kick off run. I have it on 5 front and rear. I'll look at turning them around. Thank you for the input.

Top Bottom