Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Lol. These aren't in the ideal area for burning and moving them takes forever. They're mostly Birch and they fall year round. There's about 10 Birch trees in this spot, hence why they get raked into this eternal pile.
You tap those birch trees? Now would be ideal time. Get some sizzurp.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Actually mix 3 parts diesel to 1 part gasoline. Burns hotter and longer than straight gas plus isn't as volatile. That's the standard drip mix firefighters use when burning...haha.
Yeah for a controlled burn. Ain’t nobody got time for that mixing crap when burning a brush pile.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Had no idea you could do that with Birch. Now you got me thinking. I have a ton.
Yeah you can. It doesn’t cook down as well as maple syrup but you can tap it. You need a lot more to get the same amount of maple. I could be wrong but I want to say maple is 60:1 and birch is either 80 or 100:1. So 60 gallons of maple sap will get you one gallon of syrup.

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah you can. It doesn’t cook down as well as maple syrup but you can tap it. You need a lot more to get the same amount of maple. I could be wrong but I want to say maple is 60:1 and birch is either 80 or 100:1. So 60 gallons of maple sap will get you one gallon of syrup.
Just watched a few videos on it. Very cool. Found out hickory can be done too. May be a fun project for the kids if anything.

jeeeep

Hooked
lol, I think it’s a rite of passage to add too much gas to a fire once in your life. Any times past that you’re a fuckin idiot
that moment you realize your friend has not been paying attention in mechanic shop (yep, we had that in middle school), may be a dumbass, is a dumbass... tosses a recently emptied plastic gas can and tosses in the camp bonfire fire.... 😲

Melted a few tents what were too close.

As a group, we were some serious dumb shits, it's amazing we are all still alive and have all our body parts intact.

jamesrw30

My son got this RC car for Valentine's from my in laws and it stopped working right after a short time. Finally got around to taking it apart. The positive wire for the motor was barely touching. Soldered it back on. Dad life

Attachments

• PXL_20240224_031943031.jpg
    PXL_20240224_031943031.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 12

CalSgt

Hooked
Actually mix 3 parts diesel to 1 part gasoline. Burns hotter and longer than straight gas plus isn't as volatile. That's the standard drip mix firefighters use when burning...haha.
My favorite is 2 parts used motor oil, 1 part diesel, 1 part gas (or just the oil & either type of fuel)…

For some reason I rarely need to dispose of oil at the dump.

CalSgt

Hooked
They like to use the words "controlled burn" but thats rarely the case...haha.
🤣🤣

The joke around here anytime it looks like a wild fire is about to get under control

“Welp, looks like this fires almost out and all this overtime pay is going away. SOMEONE GET THE DRIP TORCH!”

Top Bottom