Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

More cutting, more piles, more chipping, more burning.
Silverado still doing work.
IMG_0657.JPG .
And before Overlander says it. “So Mexican” lol

jesse3638

Hooked
Haven't taken a current status pic but we're doing some renovations to the kitchen of our new home.

Before
IMAG2977.jpg
IMAG2976.jpg
IMAG2975.jpg
IMAG2974.jpg

Here is the new to us double oven installed
IMG_20190222_141125_01_01.jpg

I have the old one up for sale and tonight knocked the doors over and shattered one. Talk about being pissed.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Well during my continued demo of the kitchen in our new house I noticed water, not moisture, under some tile. Upon inspection it appears I have a leak in the wall. Probably had been there awhile as you can smell it, the she sheetrock is soft, and there is staining on the baseboard. Just my luck. Hopefully the home warranty I purchased will cover it.

IMAG2993.jpg
IMAG2991.jpg
IMAG2992.jpg

And here is water outside with some grass growing out of the concrete seam.
IMAG2994.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Well during my continued demo of the kitchen in our new house I noticed water, not moisture, under some tile. Upon inspection it appears I have a leak in the wall. Probably had been there awhile as you can smell it, the she sheetrock is soft, and there is staining on the baseboard. Just my luck. Hopefully the home warranty I purchased will cover it.

That sucks, man. Hopefully it is covered and hopefully they find it quickly.

Jsouder53

Hooked

Sorry to see that man! Hopefully it’s covered!

With that grass there, it definitely looks like it’s been there a while [emoji51]

rubiDave

View attachment 321922
View attachment 321923
View attachment 321924

View attachment 321925

That doesn't look good. The home warranty ought to cover fixing the leak, but everything else will probably have to go on a claim against your homeowners insurance. The carpet pad is probably soaked as well then? From the looks of it you probably should start a homeowners claim right away and let them coordinate with the home warranty. Also best if you don't do too much work yourself before hand- just shut off the water and say that tile was loose.

We had a pin hole leak last year a over our kitchen ceiling. Interestingly, the homeowners policy didn't cover the actual pipe repair (<$100), but did cover all of the collateral damage (asbestos abatement, drywall r&r, cabinets, flooring, paint, etc) as well as putting us up in a hotel and meal reimbursement while the work was done to the tune of more than $22K.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

View attachment 321922
View attachment 321923
View attachment 321924

View attachment 321925

Do you have copper drain lines? I think if you had a waterline leaking you would have more water than that but A lot of times the copper drain line in the wall will go bad and it leaks when you use your sink

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked

Damn.. that sucks. Is your house Slab on Grade? If the moisture is Only at the baseboard, there is a slight chance it could be coming in from outside if the wall isn’t flashed correctly and water is slopping towards the house... (not as likely if the floor is raised foundation)

Top Bottom