Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

jesse3638

Hooked
I have no idea WTF I'm doing but I did disconnect the water and electric.

View attachment 322434
I don't either half the time and make it up as I go...haha. Dishwashers are pretty straight forward. I did one a little over a year ago. Bought the same one to put in the new house too.

I found the water leak I was chasing tonight. Tiny tiny pin hole about 1/2" above the slab. Probably been leaking since the house was built. I'm going to cut out a 4'x4' section of drywall to make sure it's thoroughly dried out. Plus I think it'll be a cleaner drywall repair vs a puzzle piece of patches.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
My Dishwasher has been working awesome for the last 10 years!!! Cooks a great Dinner too!!!

(If my wife somehow reads this..... that was a joke.)

WJCO

Meme King
I found the water leak I was chasing tonight. Tiny tiny pin hole about 1/2" above the slab. Probably been leaking since the house was built. I'm going to cut out a 4'x4' section of drywall to make sure it's thoroughly dried out. Plus I think it'll be a cleaner drywall repair vs a puzzle piece of patches.

Glad to hear it wasn't worse than that.

JKbrick

I don't either half the time and make it up as I go...haha. Dishwashers are pretty straight forward. I did one a little over a year ago. Bought the same one to put in the new house too.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Could it have been a little lower? Those suck to fix, good luck

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Make sure that loop stays in the drain line or it won’t drain properly, oh and it’s on its back!!

Didn't know that. Good info. I haven't messed with the drain at all, it's good and clear. I did bench test the main motor this morning and it's fine. I'm going to put it all back together later and re-look at the inside. Found out there's a separate filter/screen that I didn't know about.

WJCO

Meme King
Dishwasher ended up being a bad pump. Just because I bench-tested it and it worked wasn't conclusive enough. I put the whole thing back together and it started working like it should, but then during the wash cycle, it was cutting out again. I left the bottom cover off so I could get to everything. Just using a piece of wood and lightly tapping the motor, it would free up every single time and start working again. Then would stop until I hit it again. Only out 140 bucks, so not too bad. Not sure when it will get shipped though.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Dishwasher ended up being a bad pump. Just because I bench-tested it and it worked wasn't conclusive enough. I put the whole thing back together and it started working like it should, but then during the wash cycle, it was cutting out again. I left the bottom cover off so I could get to everything. Just using a piece of wood and lightly tapping the motor, it would free up every single time and start working again. Then would stop until I hit it again. Only out 140 bucks, so not too bad. Not sure when it will get shipped though.

Cool you found it... same thing happened to my washing machine.. was an easy swap.

jesse3638

Hooked
Could it have been a little lower? Those suck to fix, good luck

Yeah no shit. My father in-law recommended a crimp connector because its so low and there isn't enough room for a regular pex connector. Also may have to chip out the concrete too to get some room to work.

I love when you can fix an appliance. I've fixed the dryer a couple times and the washer. A year ago I was going to try and fix the dishwasher but it was the control board. That part was $350+ Over half the cost of a new machine so I just replaced it with a new machine.

WJCO

Meme King
Cool you found it... same thing happened to my washing machine.. was an easy swap.

Cool. Hope ours is easy too.

I love when you can fix an appliance. I've fixed the dryer a couple times and the washer. A year ago I was going to try and fix the dishwasher but it was the control board. That part was $350+ Over half the cost of a new machine so I just replaced it with a new machine.

Yeah, we probably saved 200 bucks not having someone come out. I agree, for an expensive control board, might as well get a new unit.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Cool. Hope ours is easy too.

Yeah, we probably saved 200 bucks not having someone come out. I agree, for an expensive control board, might as well get a new unit.

Nice job diagnosing the problem! It’s always satisfying fixing something that you know much about!

WJCO

Meme King
Nice job diagnosing the problem! It’s always satisfying fixing something that you know much about!

Not fixed yet, but hoping. Making the motor work by hitting it with a piece of wood seems like a tangible diag method to me. We shall see.

WhiteMetal

Well me and my son have been building an igloo lots of fun first one I've built, even tho I'm Canadian, built lots of snow tunnel forts when I was a young one but no igloo IMG_20190310_154338.jpg IMG_20190310_154218.jpg IMG_20190310_154105.jpg IMG_20190310_145155.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom