Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

p38

Caught the Bug
An old D8 - a new main hydraulic line, a couple batteries, adjust the brakes and we were up and running.
62473439660__7A5008B6-BD77-4E05-A65B-61E227356B3C.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

jdofmemi

An old D8 - a new main hydraulic line, a couple batteries, adjust the brakes and we were up and running.
View attachment 357339

Looks pretty good for it's age. Probably has a lot of life left in it.

Looks like an early 46A model.

The old ones can be resurrected after sitting for years, while the new ones just get packed off to the junk yard.

p38

Caught the Bug
How long has it been since that thing moved? Looked like it was getting reclaimed by the earth.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure - definitely been awhile since it ran. Started right up though. All was good until the hydraulic line ruptured. My nephew and I dropped the belly pan - no small task - and changed the line. Other than needing the brakes adjusted it ran fine. It belongs to a friend and he wanted it, his D6, and a big John Deere excavator moved to a spot where they could be loaded onto a transport and taken to his other property. We took advantage of Cal-Fire's new fire trail and drove them across his neighbor's and onto the transports. Fun trip - with a few hurdles: One of the drive motors on the excavator quit so I hooked onto it with the 6 and drug it while my nephew pushed himself along with the boom. About a mile of the trail was only wide enough for the 6 - now its wide enough for the 8 and maybe a bit more. Two sections of the fire trail were so steep we were hanging from the seat belts with our feet on the dash to stay in the seats, and dragging the blades to help hold ourselves from sliding. The excavator, once repaired, went a different route.
I've been down some pretty steep grades in my jeep, this was right there with them. We got to the bottom and I looked over at my nephew - he had one of those "HOLY SHIT" looks on his face. I asked him if he'd do it again - "HELL YES" was the reply.

jesse3638

Hooked
Not sure - definitely been awhile since it ran. Started right up though. All was good until the hydraulic line ruptured. My nephew and I dropped the belly pan - no small task - and changed the line. Other than needing the brakes adjusted it ran fine. It belongs to a friend and he wanted it, his D6, and a big John Deere excavator moved to a spot where they could be loaded onto a transport and taken to his other property. We took advantage of Cal-Fire's new fire trail and drove them across his neighbor's and onto the transports. Fun trip - with a few hurdles: One of the drive motors on the excavator quit so I hooked onto it with the 6 and drug it while my nephew pushed himself along with the boom. About a mile of the trail was only wide enough for the 6 - now its wide enough for the 8 and maybe a bit more. Two sections of the fire trail were so steep we were hanging from the seat belts with our feet on the dash to stay in the seats, and dragging the blades to help hold ourselves from sliding. The excavator, once repaired, went a different route.
I've been down some pretty steep grades in my jeep, this was right there with them. We got to the bottom and I looked over at my nephew - he had one of those "HOLY SHIT" looks on his face. I asked him if he'd do it again - "HELL YES" was the reply.
I do have to say fire dozer operators and air tanker pilots all have a bit of a screw loose..haha.

p38

Caught the Bug
I do have to say fire dozer operators and air tanker pilots all have a bit of a screw loose..haha.

.I worked a season for one of the tanker outfits back in the early eighties - right before I got hired by the airline. Fun times, good people - i considered getting back into it after I retired from the airline but I went to Italy and learned how to make gelato and charcuterie.

WJCO

Meme King
Adding an 'official' home office. Framing done today. 10 foot ceilings...fun stuff moving that shit around.

KIMG0595 (1).jpg

And got to use my cool new multitool to cut out the doorway on the floor.

KIMG0597 (1).jpg

Top Bottom