Rausch Creek Suds-n-Grub Wheeling Weekend 4/20-21/13

I felt bad being the leader and always asking which way to go, next time I'll have it figured out or have someone to read the map while we go

Lane you just made our night!! We've joked about bowser, yoshi, Godzilla, hulk, and the ninja turtle name. I thought of dry bones (he's one of my favorite characters but he's white) and yet king koopa never occurred to me lol.

I think Koopa will be a sweet name after you get it armored up!

I'm definitely going to have a cb before the next trip!

I'm going to check about the cross member voiding warranty and if not I'm ordering it soon. Happy really early birthday to me lol. We've talked about needing CBs before but I think this trip pointed out that soon needs to be really soon. It makes communication so much easier

I felt bad being the leader and always asking which way to go, next time I'll have it figured out or have someone to read the map while we go

Don't worry it's why I never want to lead lol. When drayko and I went alone we each had a friend with us to help navigate and even then it got confusing. The more I'm there though its easier with the trails I've been on before.

Lane you are a genius lol. I just subscribed to your build. Your jeep has changed so much since you started. It looks excellent. I can't wait to see what the future brings.

Thank you!! It's been slow going but I love putting the work in myself. Its so much more rewarding when you work on it yourself and see each step come together.

It's all good! Even with the map it gets confusing.

I agree. You were a great leader. The communication was good instead of just jumping onto a red trail like "here we go" lol. Its also not the easiest to wheel while reading the map and shift the stick shift with 2 hands lol

Thank you!! It's been slow going but I love putting the work in myself. Its so much more rewarding when you work on it yourself and see each step come together.

Absolutely. I love hearing when jeepers do their own mods. I want to try and do a lot of the mods myself when I finally get started. I feel like it helps you get a better understanding of how your jeep works and its quirks and all that. Keep it up

I'm working on a google maps version of the trails.. slowly accumulating GPS coordinates from the runs and plotting them on the map. With just about any phone, you can see where you are in relation to the map.

What do you guys think about doing another trip on May 18th and 19th?

We'll already be there on May 19th and our paintball event got rescheduled to May 18th. Forbidden Jeeps is having their North East Meet & Greet on the 19th. Andrew and I were talking about camping out Saturday night again and were hoping it won't be below freezing! We'd love to see you guys again.

I'm planning on going in June too.. I'm off every other weekend so likely 4 weeks after the May 18th and 19th trip..

Absolutely. I love hearing when jeepers do their own mods. I want to try and do a lot of the mods myself when I finally get started. I feel like it helps you get a better understanding of how your jeep works and its quirks and all that. Keep it up

Deff doing everything yourself if you can is the way to go. Thats how I have been so far other than having someone guide me with the lift intall. I also hate to pay someone when I can do something myself and learn about how it all works together so If it breaks I know its either my fault or something.

Also Im free almost everyweekend to go, just keep me posted on when and ill be there.

I'm planning on going in June too.. I'm off every other weekend so likely 4 weeks after the May 18th and 19th trip..

June is easier for me since its the end of the school year. I'm hoping to get a trip or two in this summer in addition to topless for tatas. Ideally we'd love to go once a month but we need to assess the wedding financial situation. After December we'll start building up our jeeps and definitely will be there once a month.

Top Bottom