Rausch Creek Suds-n-Grub Wheeling Weekend 4/20-21/13

Napalm90

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366595956.821607.jpg so wen I got home I smelt something funny.... Look under and fuck... Tis bent, tis bent real. And I gotta go to work in the early am and don't have what's needed to fix this ATM.....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm90

You think jeep would make tht part just a wee but stronger....

ninjaturtle13

Well guys we had a blast but something on my jeep's front axle or suspension is making a really awful noise. I had heard it once or twice a week ago and thought I was losing my mind because it didn't come back. I figured I'd have it checked out when I got the oil changed this week but on the end of the way home it got pretty bad. It's making this awful metal on metal scraping creaking noise on the front left side. I'm having it towed to the dealership tomorrow so no more damage is done driving it. Time to cross those fingers :bummed:

Tackerdown

Banned
Great pics Lane looks like you whole front end was under water.
View attachment 25852 so wen I got home I smelt something funny.... Look under and fuck... Tis bent, tis bent real. And I gotta go to work in the early am and don't have what's needed to fix this ATM.....

Like lane said use a hammer. that happened to mine the last trip with Lane and I hammered it flat till I could pull it and put on a new seal. Still no leak after 1.5 months. I also used Eddies Idea and filed the lip down so it wont snag again.

ilikeguns

Well guys we had a blast but something on my jeep's front axle or suspension is making a really awful noise. I had heard it once or twice a week ago and thought I was losing my mind because it didn't come back. I figured I'd have it checked out when I got the oil changed this week but on the end of the way home it got pretty bad. It's making this awful metal on metal scraping creaking noise on the front left side. I'm having it towed to the dealership tomorrow so no more damage is done driving it. Time to cross those fingers :bummed:

silly question.. but you sure it's not just mud in the brakes? after my dip in frog hole,i had some serious screeching.. does it go away/lessen when you hit the brakes?

Napalm90

Great pics Lane looks like you whole front end was under water.

Like lane said use a hammer. that happened to mine the last trip with Lane and I hammered it flat till I could pull it and put on a new seal. Still no leak after 1.5 months. I also used Eddies Idea and filed the lip down so it wont snag again.

Can't find a hammer.... Beating with you're wrentch

ilikeguns

View attachment 25852 so wen I got home I smelt something funny.... Look under and fuck... Tis bent, tis bent real. And I gotta go to work in the early am and don't have what's needed to fix this ATM.....

I think i have my D30 take off if you want it.. i upgraded to Riddlers

ETA.. nevermind.. didn't see that you had a rubi.

Tackerdown

Banned
Can't find a hammer.... Beating with you're wrentch

what ever you have to get the metal to seal back to the RTV sealant thats on it will work. I got mine to stop leaking but I was due to replace my fluids anyhow and pulled the cover , got it as flat as i could and put on a new bead of sealant. alls good now.

ninjaturtle13

silly question.. but you sure it's not just mud in the brakes? after my dip in frog hole,i had some serious screeching.. does it go away/lessen when you hit the brakes?

It doesn't happen at all when we hit the brakes if that matters. After coming to a complete stop then going it makes the noise. I also hosed the crap out of it when I got home including the suspension, undercarriage, wheels, everything. I didn't want to move it because I'm afraid I'll break it more lol. I'm going to suck it up though and go drive it a few blocks and see what happens. I'm gonna hope it's something silly like this lol

Tackerdown

Banned
attachment.php
Is this coming out of Quarry.

Tackerdown

Banned
It doesn't happen at all when we hit the brakes if that matters. After coming to a complete stop then going it makes the noise. I also hosed the crap out of it when I got home including the suspension, undercarriage, wheels, everything. I didn't want to move it because I'm afraid I'll break it more lol. I'm going to suck it up though and go drive it a few blocks and see what happens. I'm gonna hope it's something silly like this lol
That really sucks wish we could actually see it to give you a better answer. another note make sure to clean your fan motor and rad real good to.

Napalm90

I think i have my D30 take off if you want it.. i upgraded to Riddlers

ETA.. nevermind.. didn't see that you had a rubi.

my friend that works as mechanic for huntington jeep is heading over, get it fixed so I can go to work and order stronger diff covers so this NEVER HAPPENDS AGAIN. Tis funny. Before I lift he warned me of this happening

Tackerdown

Banned
my friend that works as mechanic for huntington jeep is heading over, get it fixed so I can go to work and order stronger diff covers so this NEVER HAPPENDS AGAIN. Tis funny. Before I lift he warned me of this happening
I'll have to check tomorrow but there was some on sale for like 60$ I think it was solid diff covers. check there web sight they may still be on sale.:thumb:

ilikeguns

the diff covers are well worth it. spend the extra few bucks and get the re-usable seals this way you don't have to mess around with the sealant in the event you want to remove the cover.

ninjaturtle13

Noise is still there... My stomach is quite upset about this. I don't notice anything but I'm completely new to this. Here are some pics maybe you can spot something I'm clueless about. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366597974.626235.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366598028.772920.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366598046.255088.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366598057.405291.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366598070.374969.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366598083.639502.jpg

Top Bottom