Rear bumper removal

Something to check on your jeep, mine was this way. On one side the flag nut was really close about going in. A slight love tap from a hammer and it went in through the slot without having to open it up. Other side wasn't even close, however if you went from the other side of the crossmember (muffler side) then the holes were reversed. Now the side that wasn't close to fitting just needed a love tap on the muffler side and it went in. So I was able to get one flag nut in on the side towards the rear of the jeep and able to get the other flag nut in on the side that was towards the muffler with no cutting.

Hope that makes since.

That does make sense, thanks for posting up. I'll have to take another look at it when I get back from vacation and see if I can get the flag nuts put in. Thanks!

Jimmypaget

Looks good in my opinion. It's how I run anyway. Here's a pic but it does have EVO d-ring mounts installed and lights on top. Hopefully, it'll give you an idea of things.

main.php

I think benatc1 might have more of what you're wanting to see.

Ok now my question is, do you guys have the rear lights wired to a rear light only switch? Or have them hooked to an existing one?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

I know you've gotten a lot of pics already, but just throwing my :twocents:

Bumperless and was planning to try and make a fascia...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443293997.495208.jpg

I ended up just buying the EVO fascia and painted the pinch seam black. (I had the d-ring mounts in before the fascia. I can confirm what others said...it's not easy to remove/re-install those. I did trim my frame rails once I had the EVO fascia.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443717931.154078.jpg

Poser shot of the current setup
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473444500.000148.jpg

The black VHT frame and chassis paint is great for the pinch seam and other touchups, if you haven't heard.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Were do you get the hitch mounted spare tire guard?? That's cool!!

Tony

I had it made. First hinrich made me one but it was to short once I got the tire carrier. Then had it made by another friend of mine who is a welder. Here's another pic for you
IMG_5755.jpg

TonyViv

bumperless.JPG

Thanks guys, thanks to this thread I had to take the plunge. Now I have to get some D rings maybe a facia and degreaser and clean up frame. I also like the look of the painted pinch seam..
Im digging it !!

Not to highjack the thread...... although Evos, kit is nice, it is costly, any other options out there for the frame mounted D rings?

Secondly, Now with no bumper I think the license plate has to move. My 3rd brake light is in the center cap of the spare so that mount is out. Besides that spot where are you all mounting your plate and how do you move the plate light to it considering its position on the non hinge side of the tailgate.

Tony

Last edited:

TonyViv

I had it made. First hinrich made me one but it was to short once I got the tire carrier. Then had it made by another friend of mine who is a welder. Here's another pic for you
View attachment 244622

That's cool man.... Ill have to see if I can find someone to make me one....
Would be cool if someone started making them for sale, the size and measuring and angle might be an issue since everyones setup is different but Id bet there would be a market for it.

Tony

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That's cool man.... Ill have to see if I can find someone to make me one....
Would be cool if someone started making them for sale, the size and measuring and angle might be an issue since everyones setup is different but Id bet there would be a market for it.

Tony

It would be cool but as you said it's always going to be different per application. You can have someone make it really cheap for you. My friend only charged me $15 for the steel and the 15 mins it took him to measure, cut, and weld it. I couldn't complain

GearHead71

View attachment 244621

Thanks guys, thanks to this thread I had to take the plunge. Now I have to get some D rings maybe a facia and degreaser and clean up frame. I also like the look of the painted pinch seam..
Im digging it !!

Not to highjack the thread...... although Evos, kit is nice, it is costly, any other options out there for the frame mounted D rings?

Secondly, Now with no bumper I think the license plate has to move. My 3rd brake light is in the center cap of the spare so that mount is out. Besides that spot where are you all mounting your plate and how do you move the plate light to it considering its position on the non hinge side of the tailgate.

Tony
Does anyone have any experience with these Olympic 4X4 Shackle mounts and facia?

Olympic 4X4 Products 503-174 Texture Black Rear Frame Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T4DIYTS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_v-8Pyb0JKPZC1

Olympic 4X4 Products 342-174 Black Rear Frame Shackle Mount for Wrangler JK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T4DJJKG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Lb9PybTNZY9A6

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

GearHead71

Those shackle mounts look scary thin. Don't think I would risk it to save less then 100 dollars.

Sent from my SM-N910T using WAYALIFE mobile app
I thought the same thing. I didn't see anything on their website but on the Amazon listing it says "requires 80,000 pf pressure to bend". What the heck does that mean? Is "pf" supposed to be pounds force (normally lbf)? If so, it's not a pressure.

I didn't know if anyone had any first hand experience with them. You can get the facia and shackle mounts for $163 vs $340 for the Evo facia and mounts. I know how awesome Evo's quality is. I'll probably just save a little more and do that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Jimmypaget

Well shit, I just opened my box from EVO to reveal they didn't send me the D ring mounts. All I got was the fascia. I'm assuming I need the D ring mounts to install the fascia or am I wrong!l? Image1487451649.338804.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

BlackDiamond_JKU

Top Bottom