Rear bumper removal

Napalm

Thanks! I gotta get me a shackle kit! ASAP! Any chopping required for that or the fascia?

Nothing is required but it is reccomended that you take a little off(I took off less than half an inch) of the ends of the frame to help the D ring mounts sit flush. Mine don't sit perfectly flush, but it's close enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

Me too, I dig the bumper-less look.

View attachment 242986
That reflector tape is a nice touch. I did the same thing to my hitch basket, and somebody still hit the damn thing..
Nothing is required but it is reccomended that you take a little off(I took off less than half an inch) of the ends of the frame to help the D ring mounts sit flush. Mine don't sit perfectly flush, but it's close enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
x2, I didn't trim mine completely flush for my mounts and fascia, but taking a little bit off made a world of difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
here is mine with nothing, like Eddie said. I will be adding fascia/drings soon but don't mind how it is now. 20170207_201838.jpg thought I had more pics but will grab a few more in the am!

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks! I gotta get me a shackle kit! ASAP! Any chopping required for that or the fascia?

Here's how much we took off to keep it flush. The trimmed piece is sitting there on top of the cross member in the first picture.

1004161420.jpg

1004161542 (1).jpg

woof359

less than an hour

not a bad job, have to open the slits in the frame to get the stop nuts in but no biggie evo.jpg

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
not a bad job, have to open the slits in the frame to get the stop nuts in but no biggie View attachment 243204

Me too...I've had them on for months now and I still haven't opened them up to get that second bolt on. I won't tell if you don't... :cheesy:

Something to check on your jeep, mine was this way. On one side the flag nut was really close about going in. A slight love tap from a hammer and it went in through the slot without having to open it up. Other side wasn't even close, however if you went from the other side of the crossmember (muffler side) then the holes were reversed. Now the side that wasn't close to fitting just needed a love tap on the muffler side and it went in. So I was able to get one flag nut in on the side towards the rear of the jeep and able to get the other flag nut in on the side that was towards the muffler with no cutting.

Hope that makes since.

Top Bottom