Rear Sway Bar Questions

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Brah...

20180407_131054.jpg

...With rear sway bar...

There is no question here... the rear sway bar does NOT limit rear flex. Not on coil/shock setups, OR coilovers... it does NOT limit rear flex. Period. People claiming it does don't know what they are talking about, or don't know how to setup the jeep so see option 1. It's as simple as that.

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Brah...

...With rear sway bar...

There is no question here... the rear sway bar does NOT limit rear flex. Not on coil/shock setups, OR coilovers... it does NOT limit rear flex. Period. People claiming it does don't know what they are talking about, or don't know how to setup the jeep so see option 1. It's as simple as that.

No way man, you could totally get more flex if you didn't have your rear sway bar connected :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Here's the rear shock. There's still plenty of shock and spring compression available - I couldn't get it to fully stuff because there wasn't a severe enough angle. I think I need to find a ramp to drive up.

View attachment 299089

When I'm able to find the right terrain to get the rear axle at full droop I'll update the thread - and then everyone will know (at least for this setup) if the rear sway bar limits the travel of the suspension (which, for the record, I don't believe it does).

And, to clarify something about this suspension for people that are not familiar with it - there is more up-travel than a standard shock. Therefore, even with a 3.5" lift I am able to run 2" of bump stop at the front (with minor rubbing on the top of the plastic fender) and 1" at the rear (with no rubbing).

Looks like your rear bump extensions are to short! Your shock will bottom out before the bump hard stops. I like to keep my six packs in the fridge, not under my Jeep 🤣.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Nope - they are ok. There are o-rings on the shocks to indicate compression. The rear shocks never get to full compression with the bump stops set up that way.

Ok, I forgot that those have the rods out the top and bottom. Carry on.

tdougherty81

Brah...

View attachment 299092

...With rear sway bar...

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread
Same here

FB_IMG_1523302530235.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Brah...

View attachment 299092

...With rear sway bar...

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

It's not "brah"...it's "eh brah", brah

Top Bottom