Rear winch bumped

WJCO

Meme King
But too bad that's all you got as BS is easy to do. Very easy and that's why it's worthless.

You must be new here. This site has more posts of trips and actual wheeling adventures than I've ever seen.

Maybe you should go back to your roots when you first started a positive thing.

Maybe you should go to your other forums, because clearly all of your internet reading has already made up your mind about Wayalife.

Because so far, nothing you have written in this thread is quality or helpful, but as you said earlier. All to our own. ;)

I find it very helpful. Accurate information may have just saved someone a couple grand.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As I said. BS is great entertainment and it's easily seen that you thrive on it, so, so be it.

As I said, BS is great entertainment and you really are great at providing us with a good time. Thank you. :yup:

But too bad that's all you got as BS is easy to do. Very easy and that's why it's worthless.

But, it's too bad that all you've got is BS as it's so much easier to spew out than posting up actual PROOF. It's just too easy to post up opinions and play them off as fact on the internet and that's why so much of what you've been saying is worthless.

Maybe you should go back to your roots when you first started a positive thing. Because so far, nothing you have written in this thread is quality or helpful

Maybe you should spend more of your time on a forum that thinks just like you. Just because you don't like what I've been saying doesn't mean it isn't quality or helpful.

but as you said earlier. All to our own. ;)

Actually, what I said is "to each their own" as in, it's your Jeep, do with it what you want. ;)

JMFK

All you need is 3 snatch blocks and maybe some extra cable. Which is a lot cheaper than an extra winch.

JeepJeep75

This all sounds fine and dandy, but will the rear winch bumper work with my waist-oil lubed-up attentuator?

You should have your attentuator mounted BETWEEN your rear winch and bumper to isolate the line pulling harshness. [emoji13]

Zhouse

You must be new here. This site has more posts of trips and actual wheeling adventures than I've ever seen.

Maybe you should go to your other forums, because clearly all of your internet reading has already made up your mind about Wayalife.

I find it very helpful. Accurate information may have just saved someone a couple grand.

I never said that the site was bad as I was only referring to this thread. Also this thread is not about saving money. It was about rear bumpers for a rear winch. If it was about saving money then I would have wrote about saving money, but it was not. And yes, I have found great info here in the site itself.

Zhouse

All you need is 3 snatch blocks and maybe some extra cable. Which is a lot cheaper than an extra winch.

That is another great way to utilize one winch to the fullest and it can work well as long as good anchor points exist. I myself have seen it work and have practiced with several snatch blocks that I have. Not sure if the guy was hurting for money or not as I think he was only looking for advice for a rear bumper for a rear winch but nevertheless that is good info for him.

Last edited:

Zhouse

As I said, BS is great entertainment and you really are great at providing us with a good time. Thank you. :yup:

You are welcome.

But, it's too bad that all you've got is BS as it's so much easier to spew out than posting up actual PROOF. It's just too easy to post up opinions and play them off as fact on the internet and that's why so much of what you've been saying is worthless.

I posted proof, not that I should even have to. Its easy to see that if money is not an issue then having a rear winch can definitely help in particular situations. If money is an issue, then there are other options. However, this thread was not about money being an issue, it was about a rear winch bumper question which then led to the guy explaining why he wanted a rear winch. I agree with the guy as I have been off road for over 35 years and being that money is not an issue, then a rear winch can be great.

Maybe you should spend more of your time on a forum that thinks just like you. Just because you don't like what I've been saying doesn't mean it isn't quality or helpful.
Actually, what I said is "to each their own" as in, it's your Jeep, do with it what you want. ;)

I spend my time where I can help people. So far the guy liked what I wrote.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You are welcome.

:cheesy: For the love of god, you're still here and still at it!! I had a feeling this is why you signed up especially when you asked if it's okay to do so being that you don't have a Jeep. Clearly, you're one of those self-proclaimed "overlanding" experts who has no life and tries to make one for himself by spending time on a mostly Jeep forum to dispense your vast knowledge on everyone. You guys are the best :crazyeyes:

I posted proof, not that I should even have to.

You posted unverified stories about things you claim you saw and did. Assuming any of it actually happened, I haven't a clue as to where you were, what the actually conditions were like and certainly don't have a clue as to what you really know and don't know. What I do know is that you clearly have a hard on for rear winches and looking for reasons to justify them as if your manhood were being questioned. Being that I don't know you from Adam, you'll forgive me for demanding a little more something than just your word. :naw:

Its easy to see that if money is not an issue then having a rear winch can definitely help in particular situations. If money is an issue, then there are other options. However, this thread was not about money being an issue, it was about a rear winch bumper question which then led to the guy explaining why he wanted a rear winch.

As I said to the OP, it's his Jeep and clearly, it's his money and he should do with both whatever he wants. That being said, you're kidding yourself if you really think we're in some kind of fish bowl where OTHER people won't the information on this thread. For them, money might be an issue and had guys like me not chimed in to put your self-important dissertations in check, some of them might assume you knew what you were talking about. But really, that's all a moot point. From my perspective, this really isn't about money - it's about this crazy idea that a rear winch is somehow necessary. For sure, there are certainly stupid people out there who get themselves into stupid and easily avoidable situations and maybe for them, a rear winch can be helpful. I just haven't seen it but then, who am I.

I agree with the guy as I have been off road for over 35 years

28191623.jpg

I spend my time where I can help people.

How special, you're like a forum Mother Teresa. :daydream:

So far the guy liked what I wrote.

You'll forgive me but telling someone what they want to hear doesn't mean you're being "helpful".

mastrcruse

:cheesy: For the love of god, you're still here and still at it!! I had a feeling this is why you signed up especially when you asked if it's okay to do so being that you don't have a Jeep. Clearly, you're one of those self-proclaimed "overlanding" experts who has no life and tries to make one for himself by spending time on a mostly Jeep forum to dispense your vast knowledge on everyone. You guys are the best :crazyeyes:".

Didn't you get stuck in mud recently? You know you wouldn't have gotten stuck if you would have had a rear winch, attentuator, oil on your frame, and make sure to the hit the traction control button a bunch of times (from youtube lol). You're such a newb to offroading.....LOL!! :cheesy::cheesy::thumb:

Zhouse

:cheesy: For the love of god, you're still here and still at it!! I had a feeling this is why you signed up especially when you asked if it's okay to do so being that you don't have a Jeep. Clearly, you're one of those self-proclaimed "overlanding" experts who has no life and tries to make one for himself by spending time on a mostly Jeep forum to dispense your vast knowledge on everyone. You guys are the best :crazyeyes:

You posted unverified stories about things you claim you saw and did. Assuming any of it actually happened, I haven't a clue as to where you were, what the actually conditions were like and certainly don't have a clue as to what you really know and don't know. What I do know is that you clearly have a hard on for rear winches and looking for reasons to justify them as if your manhood were being questioned. Being that I don't know you from Adam, you'll forgive me for demanding a little more something than just your word. :naw:

As I said to the OP, it's his Jeep and clearly, it's his money and he should do with both whatever he wants. That being said, you're kidding yourself if you really think we're in some kind of fish bowl where OTHER people won't the information on this thread. For them, money might be an issue and had guys like me not chimed in to put your self-important dissertations in check, some of them might assume you knew what you were talking about. But really, that's all a moot point. From my perspective, this really isn't about money - it's about this crazy idea that a rear winch is somehow necessary. For sure, there are certainly stupid people out there who get themselves into stupid and easily avoidable situations and maybe for them, a rear winch can be helpful. I just haven't seen it but then, who am I.

View attachment 200803

How special, you're like a forum Mother Teresa. :daydream:

You'll forgive me but telling someone what they want to hear doesn't mean you're being "helpful".

Haha. You are funny and I know you are cool in some regards too. Thanks for the compliments, as I can see you put a lot of time and effort into them.

Now back to the subject

If you do not like a rear winch or two winches (if money is not the issue), then again, every person has a right for their own opinion. That we both agree on.

However, you keep saying to show proof and I did.

Now its your turn since you despise rear winches and despise two winches so much.

For a person that travels alone in desolate areas, such as mentioned by the OP and by my writing, please show proof how a rear winch that is high off the ground (or two winches) can be so horrible and bad on a well built Jeep (again... for those people that travel alone in desolate areas).

We are not talking about rock climber guys in packs where extra weight or a tad of clearance can be an issue and where buddies can easily help.

We are talking about people that go out alone with no buddies, no cell phone reception, no other help but what they have on their rig and money not being an issue (I mention that several times because you keep saying something about saving someone money, yet again, money was never the subject).

Please show proof as it is always good to learn as much as possible. And I'm not talking about more BS, or funny pictures or jokes or name calling or Mother Theresa or overlanding expert comments.

I am truly interested, for a person that travels alone in desolate areas, such as mentioned by the OP and by my writing, please show proof how a rear winch that is high off the ground (or two winches for that matter) can be so horrible and bad on a well built Jeep..., again... for those people that travel alone in desolate areas where money is not the issue.

WJCO

Meme King
Also this thread is not about saving money. It was about rear bumpers for a rear winch. If it was about saving money then I would have wrote about saving money, but it was not.

And yet not one person jumped in with experience with that setup because it's not commonly used. I have yet to see one Jeep here on the forum or on a real trail that I have been on that have a rear winch. THAT is why so many people did reply with a basic 'Why the fuck waste your money?' If income was no issue, we would all have 500k jeeps with 'necessary' rocket launchers on them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha. You are funny and I know you are cool in some regards too. Thanks for the compliments, as I can see you put a lot of time and effort into them.

Now back to the subject

:sigh:

However, you keep saying to show proof and I did.

I beg to differ. Again, I don't know you from Adam and all I read were some "stories" you told.

Now its your turn since you despise rear winches and despise two winches so much.

Just because you validate your manhood with a rear winch doesn't mean I ever said that I "despise" them or "two winches". I simply questioned the "need" for them.

For a person that travels alone in desolate areas, such as mentioned by the OP

You'll forgive me but wheeling on someone's PRIVATE PROPERTY is far from what I would consider a "desolate" area.

...and by my writing

You're writing is out there for sure but I'd hardly consider that a "desolate" area. Of course, maybe you meant that in the sense that you have no friends :thinking:

please show proof how a rear winch that is high off the ground (or two winches) can be so horrible and bad on a well built Jeep (again... for those people that travel alone in desolate areas).

We are not talking about rock climber guys in packs where extra weight or a tad of clearance can be an issue and where buddies can easily help.

We are talking about people that go out alone with no buddies, no cell phone reception, no other help but what they have on their rig...

Sorry, I live in Northern Nevada where there are, as a fact, more ghost towns than populated ones. There are more desolate areas here than anywhere else in the lower 48. Me, I'm just a web wheeler and would never dream of going anywhere but the mall let alone getting out into an area like that, by myself and documenting it with photos and videos.

...and money not being an issue (I mention that several times because you keep saying something about saving someone money, yet again, money was never the subject).

Since you seemed to have missed it, I agreed that if money were no issue, people should do whatever they want with it and their Jeep. But, you're kidding yourself if you really think we're in some kind of fish bowl where money ISN'T an issue for OTHERS. You know, ones that might find this thread on the internet while doing a search for something stupid like "rear winches". For them, they might benefit from hearing a dissenting voice to your self-important dissertations. For sure, you try really hard to sound like you know what you're talking about and tell people how you've been doing this for 35 years - some might even mistake what you say as good information or fact. But again, that's all a moot point. From my perspective, this really isn't about money - it's about the crazy idea that a rear winch is somehow necessary. For sure, there are certainly stupid people out there who get themselves into stupid and easily avoidable situations and maybe for them, a rear winch can be helpful.

Please show proof as it is always good to learn as much as possible. And I'm not talking about more BS, or funny pictures or jokes or name calling or Mother Theresa or overlanding expert comments.

Ummm, maybe the fact that I don't run a rear winch on any of my Jeeps and this in spite of the fact that money isn't an issue for me. :idontknow:

I am truly interested, for a person that travels alone in desolate areas, such as mentioned by the OP and by my writing, please show proof how a rear winch that is high off the ground (or two winches for that matter) can be so horrible and bad on a well built Jeep..., again... for those people that travel alone in desolate areas where money is not the issue.

First off, I never said that running a rear winch or two winches is a "horrible and bad" idea. I simply questioned the actual "need" for one. Second, I'd hardly call "private property" desolate" and you telling me that you travel in desolate areas and in that massive rig of yours doesn't exactly impress me either. Nothing personal, just my personal opinion.

Zhouse

And yet not one person jumped in with experience with that setup because it's not commonly used. I have yet to see one Jeep here on the forum or on a real trail that I have been on that have a rear winch. THAT is why so many people did reply with a basic 'Why the fuck waste your money?' If income was no issue, we would all have 500k jeeps with 'necessary' rocket launchers on them.

That is true, well said and I agree, as I also mentioned, "Do I ever use it much on the back? No, but it is good insurance." Again it was not about money with the OP and that is the setup he wants for that extra insurance and I don't see huge negative issues with it for the reasons why he wanted it.

Zhouse

:sigh:

I beg to differ. Again, I don't know you from Adam and all I read were some "stories" you told.

Just because you validate your manhood with a rear winch doesn't mean I ever said that I "despise" them or "two winches". I simply questioned the "need" for them.

You'll forgive me but wheeling on someone's PRIVATE PROPERTY is far from what I would consider a "desolate" area.

You're writing is out there for sure but I'd hardly consider that a "desolate" area. Of course, maybe you meant that in the sense that you have no friends :thinking:

Sorry, I live in Northern Nevada where there are, as a fact, more ghost towns than populated ones. There are more desolate areas here than anywhere else in the lower 48. Me, I'm just a web wheeler and would never dream of going anywhere but the mall let alone getting out into an area like that, by myself and documenting it with photos and videos.

Since you seemed to have missed it, I agreed that if money were no issue, people should do whatever they want with it and their Jeep. But, you're kidding yourself if you really think we're in some kind of fish bowl where money ISN'T an issue for OTHERS. You know, ones that might find this thread on the internet while doing a search for something stupid like "rear winches". For them, they might benefit from hearing a dissenting voice to your self-important dissertations. For sure, you try really hard to sound like you know what you're talking about and tell people how you've been doing this for 35 years - some might even mistake what you say as good information or fact. But again, that's all a moot point. From my perspective, this really isn't about money - it's about the crazy idea that a rear winch is somehow necessary. For sure, there are certainly stupid people out there who get themselves into stupid and easily avoidable situations and maybe for them, a rear winch can be helpful.

Ummm, maybe the fact that I don't run a rear winch on any of my Jeeps and this in spite of the fact that money isn't an issue for me. :idontknow:

First off, I never said that running a rear winch or two winches is a "horrible and bad" idea. I simply questioned the actual "need" for one. Second, I'd hardly call "private property" desolate" and you telling me that you travel in desolate areas and in that massive rig of yours doesn't exactly impress me either. Nothing personal, just my personal opinion.

Ok. Hold on. I have to remove all the smart ass stuff to understand what you are saying. btw..., you are an excellent smart ass and I am not saying that to be another smart ass. I am being honest. You are excellent. Not sure the worth, but again, you are good.

almost done removing it all....

Ok, here it is....

doesn't mean I ever said that I "despise" them or "two winches". I simply questioned the "need" for them.

Since you seemed to have missed it, I agreed that if money were no issue, people should do whatever they want with it and their Jeep.

First off, I never said that running a rear winch or two winches is a "horrible and bad" idea. I simply questioned the actual "need" for one. Nothing personal, just my personal opinion.

Ok, thanks, now since the smart ass stuff is gone I see your your points and being that everyone has a right to an opinion, so be it. In fact, I agreed to several of your points saying that "Do I ever use it much on the back? No, but it is good insurance."

Thanks again the clarification.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Why stop at the rear? May as well put suck down winches on your axles and on both sides. All four corners.

WJCO

Meme King
You could also add a hydraulic jack system like camper trailers have. That way you could adjust the height of each winch depending on the situation. :thumb:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
This thread is in the running for dumbest argument ever. Second only to the Rock Crawler v. Overlander thread

Top Bottom