Rear winch bumped

highoctane

Caught the Bug
This thread is in the running for dumbest argument ever. Second only to the Rock Crawler v. Overlander thread

Should we be worried that the pour your used engine oil inside your frame for corrosion prevention thread isn't at the top of your list?

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
LOL!! Oh yeah, only, there's still nothing behind you to winch off of. Ask me how I know :crazyeyes:

How do you know? ;)

Is it just me or do these types of winch threads make me think about those overlanders on that one Summer kickoff camping trip that said our winches couldn't possible work on the jeeps...due to the calculations ran by the army field manual or something like that? Might have to go find those pictures.

Bandit1

well I said I wheel in timber so I'm not worried about a anchor point
I have trees around me 99.9of the time
I guess our trails are just a little different

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, thanks, now since the smart ass stuff is gone I see your your points and being that everyone has a right to an opinion, so be it. In fact, I agreed to several of your points saying that "Do I ever use it much on the back? No, but it is good insurance."

Thanks again the clarification.

:cheesy:

How do you know? ;)

Is it just me or do these types of winch threads make me think about those overlanders on that one Summer kickoff camping trip that said our winches couldn't possible work on the jeeps...due to the calculations ran by the army field manual or something like that? Might have to go find those pictures.

That was funny!!

main.php

well I said I wheel in timber so I'm not worried about a anchor point
I have trees around me 99.9of the time

LOL!! You have trees around you 99.9% of the time and yet you still feel the need for a rear winch.
Like I said, to each their own. It's your Jeep, your money and you should do with both whatever you want. :yup:

I guess our trails are just a little different

I guess you haven't been wheeling much outside of the private property you spend most of your time on.

Zstairlessone

2+2=4. That is factual math. 4 tires over 2 or 3. That is factual math. Here is another one..., lockers vs open diff. Lockers = more traction. That is factual math. With simple factual math examples should not be needed for knowledgable off roaders. As far as more specific examples on the trail, please read what I wrote earlier as the answers are there, but then again, I know you don't really need those examples. As far as being sensitive, not me. I am about logic and helping people and the funny thing is I didn't know that my writing called you out. Your sensitivity exposed yourself. Not me. You exposed yourself with your own sensitivity but I know you have your other sensitive buddies that will be there for you. ;) Simply said, I answered the main thread with knowledge and help, not BS, but then again, BS is entertainment so its expected. ;) People are going to love reading this sort of stuff. ;)

So putting 2 winches on the front and 2 winches on the rear = 4 tools so you have 400% better chance of returning home?? Well, I better make room for 15 extra hammers, 5 or 6 of each size wrench, 4 spare tires, 3 air compressors (and 3 tanks), 5 batteries and an extra door or two. Should get me out of anywhere guaranteed!!

Top Bottom