Rebuilt of a Billet Silver mall crawler

Congrats on the Agricultural axel 🤣.

IMG_6960.jpg

When’s the install?

Actually, this GMC with Ag tires tore up the course on TNIA, if you’re in to that.

IMG_6961.JPG

So, after our last trip to Badlands I’ve been having a small leak in one of my wheels. Took it in to Discount today to have it checked out. Apparently the rim cracked right at the spoke, I couldn’t believe it when they showed me where it’s leaking from. So, since I was ignorant for a long time and never wanted to rotate my spare in (wanted to keep it nice and shiny for mall crawling) which is now a different size tire. I ended up having them switch the rim from the spare but, they would not mount the bad rim back on spare, because of safety issues of it exploding in the process. Just great, so now I am stuck with a cracked rim and a brand new/rotted spare tire that has been baking in the sun for 3 years.
Here’s the crack
IMG_6573.jpg
IMG_6575.jpg
Thanks AEV for your Chinese rims.
Also they wouldn’t fill the freshly mounted tire to 26psi because of safety again, that’s not a big deal though, just looked a little funny compared to other 3 [emoji23]
IMG_6572.jpg

Looks like beadlocks might come sooner than anticipated.....

That sucks. I believe there was some problems with the AEV pintlers cracking very similarly. Contact them and see what they say. I had the spoke on my Titan crack and the truck was about a year out of warranty. Took it to the dealer and they had never seen that. It was a 2wd pavement princess so off-road driving was not the cause. They contacted Nissan corporate and they replaced it free. Maybe you'll have similar luck.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well that sucks. But a good excuse for some beadlocks! Which ones are you thinking?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I was thinking Slabs, there is a set up for sale really close to me, form one of the members here actually. Slabs with Nittos for a fair price.

That sucks. I believe there was some problems with the AEV pintlers cracking very similarly. Contact them and see what they say. I had the spoke on my Titan crack and the truck was about a year out of warranty. Took it to the dealer and they had never seen that. It was a 2wd pavement princess so off-road driving was not the cause. They contacted Nissan corporate and they replaced it free. Maybe you'll have similar luck.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yea, I think AEV has lifetime structural warranty on their wheels. I’ll try to get a new rim, but will most likely sell all 5 shortly after.

That stinks, are the slabs you showed me still available? We are having a Jeep workday in the Fort soon

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
They are, I am thinking about getting both slabs and Nittos, fair price for a set, tires pretty new. I think I’ll go look at them this week.

Top Bottom